New Rig

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

New Rig

Postby Othersharon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Well, Ladies, today was the day! SIL and I went up to Erie and I picked up my new rv. A 2007 Gulf Stream B+ Cruiser 5211. I originally thought it was a C but since found out it is B+. A story there! Anyway, did the walk through and now I'm more familiar with what it does and probably just as confused! Guess I need to just take it out and work with it all. It was easier to drive just using side mirrors then I thought. At least once I made 3 stops to get them adjusted! Still wondering if a rear view camera would be a good addition or not. I know for backing up it would be good but I think some of them have a way to have them on all the time to see what's behind me. Please weigh in on this one for me, I can use all the advise I can get! I will try to figure out how to post photos and get some posted. Tomorrow I want to start cleaning out the RT and my house with all the stuff to go in the new one. And find a new home for everything. Beth, you were right, it does have more space then I thought!!! I like the idea of making a diagram of where stuff goes. Don't remember if it was here I read that or not but it seems like a good idea. Brought in all the manuals to look over but that will have to be another day, I think I need to sleep on all this now and start fresh tomorrow!
Othersharon

Re: New Rig

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 pm

good for you ...it sounds like a neat new rig for you...enjoy it
we had a rear view mirror that was set up so we could see the lanes behind us loved it then it quit working
the monitor did and I don't know where to go to get a new monitor or if it's fixable...but we enjoyed ours
sheila
snowball

Postby WickedLady » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:44 pm

And the excitement rolls :D Enjoy
WickedLady

Postby Deeann » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 am

Congratulations on the new rig!

Can't offer any advice on a back up camera. Never had one.
Deeann

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 am

woohoo - congrats on the rig. Can't wait for your stories & pictures. Curious if you really slept or not. I'd be wide awake with my mind racing on what to do, where to go, what to see, and the big one ~ how much do I not have a clue about! :shock:

I am :mrgreen: with envy :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:17 am

Congratulations!!

Such a rash of new rigs with this group lately.
How cool is that? :mrgreen:
mitch5252

Postby gingerK » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 am

Sounds like a wonderful rig, congrats to you! May you have many many happy trips in it! Now to just get it all figured out!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby avalen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 am

Congrats, I'm so happy for you
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Olive6001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:34 am

Congratulations! I have a 2005 BT Cruiser and birdbybird has one too. Not sure what year hers is.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:36 am

Happy dance here. Can't wait for pictures. I would say yes on the backup camera altho I've been lucky to have always had a back window I could see out of.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Congratulations on your new rig. Know you will enjoy it. My rig has 3 cameras on it, still getting use to them. Mainly the one at the rear let's me know I didn't leave my car someplace. When backing into an RV site, I still find getting out and observing what I am backing into is the best, cameras are really not that big of a help. So if this rig didn't have them already I would go to the expense of adding them. Changing lanes the side cameras are good to make sure someone isn't hiding in a blind spot.

Enjoy all the learning you will have to do with this rig, that is the fun part.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Congrats. I have my first backup camera worth anything. It lets me know my car is rolling right along behind me. It's not really useful for seeing traffic behind. It is useful for backing into spaces, but I still get out just as much as before because its looking down and there are trees and branches etc etc it doesn't show. Do I like it, yes. Is it a must have for me, no.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Othersharon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks everyone. I went out and just set in the rv today. Trying to figure out just where to put what. I need to get to the store and get some shelf lining so decided not to start loading it yet. Hate to double the work! I'm so in awe with sitting and being able to look out the windows! Takes so little to please me! As of a little while ago it was still listed at wakleyrv.com under class c if you are interested in seeing it. Probably be faster then me posting photos!!! (And yes, I did make an offer!!!) Interesting thoughts on the rear camera. Nan, never thought of 3 cameras! Don't plan to tow a car so that part won't be a consideration for me. Glad to hear there are a couple of other Cruiser owners, I may need to pick your brains from time to time. Thanks for the heads up, Nikki. I think I need a gtg and get some hands on experience from some of you...plus get to meet some of you too, of course! Gotta quit worrying that I'll do it wrong and break something! Again thanks, great to know you all are out there!
Othersharon

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi. Sharon, I had a back up camera on my big 30 foot rig. I never used it for backing up. I always recommend getting out and looking! I did use it to see the towed car, and for changing lanes. You are going to have many expenses just getting stuff for the rig. Why don't you wait awhile on the camera. You can always get one later if you do decide you want one. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm

mitch5252

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs