New Rig

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: New Rig

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Nice little rig!
So is there a table that can be set up in front of the couches to eat at?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Othersharon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Mitch, that's it! Thanks. Barbie, there is a table. If you look at the photos it's laying on the couch. It has 2 legs and seems kinda long to me. I think I'll try to make a smaller one or have one made. With just me I can't see that I'll need one that big. Just going to use my wooden TV tray table for now. and may decide to use it instead of making one. The one I use now is great inside or I can use it outside too. Right now it folds up and stores behind the driver seat so again, finding a home for it! Lyn, you are so right about buying stuff! Already I'm thinking of a few storage ideas so you may be right about waiting. I was thinking tonight that I maybe need to drive it more and see how I do without cameras then really think just what I need or if I need. To much running through my mind!!! I just keep going back and forth!! Decisions, decisions!! But fun decisions!
Othersharon

Postby Colliemom » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:14 am

Congratulations on the new rig. You are going to have so much fun.

Yes, a rash of new rigs of late. Think the manufactures should give us a group discount cause we are keeping them in business :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Othersharon wrote:Thanks everyone. I went out and just set in the rv today. Trying to figure out just where to put what. I need to get to the store and get some shelf lining so decided not to start loading it yet. Hate to double the work! I'm so in awe with sitting and being able to look out the windows! Takes so little to please me! As of a little while ago it was still listed at wakleyrv.com under class c if you are interested in seeing it. Probably be faster then me posting photos!!! (And yes, I did make an offer!!!) Interesting thoughts on the rear camera. Nan, never thought of 3 cameras! Don't plan to tow a car so that part won't be a consideration for me. Glad to hear there are a couple of other Cruiser owners, I may need to pick your brains from time to time. Thanks for the heads up, Nikki. I think I need a gtg and get some hands on experience from some of you...plus get to meet some of you too, of course! Gotta quit worrying that I'll do it wrong and break something! Again thanks, great to know you all are out there!

Congratulations on your new to you rig. Don't worry about breaking something, it can always be fixed. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby monik7 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 pm

Congrats on your new rig. Mine was called a B+ when I bought it, but when it came to getting the insurance, all the companies termed it a class C. Have fun!!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby opaline54 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:05 pm

I received my new back up camera, from Rear View Safety, last week. My Class A does not have a window directly I the back - it is the bedroom wall - so it is really a blind spot. I chose Rear View Safety because of the awesome reviews and the price. If the weather is good, my mobile RV guy will install it tomorrow.

The system I chose has 3 cameras: the back camera, and 2 side cameras. The side cameras may be overkill - just don't know yet, but I will keep you posted!
All the best -
opaline54

Postby Olive6001 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Sharon, just saw the pics of your rig. She's a beauty! Your kitchen is more like Tina's than mine. I envy you for your pantry. I thought about getting a camera, but after driving a bit realized I don't need one. I have a window over the sink. Can't remember if you do. I don't think Tina does. Sorry, Tina. Just realized I should let you speak for yourself and the short bus. :D

Like someone said, don't worry about breaking stuff. I've broken lots of stuff and lived to tell about it. :lol: Turned out that mine needed a lot of work, but I also wanted to make her my own. There are pics and rants in the "Betsy gets a makeover" thread if you want to look. I'm having a bed box like Tina's built next week, before I take off on my summer trip. Again, congratulations! I spent hours just sitting in Betsy when I first got her. Ain't it great? :D

Where are you? I'm near San Antonio, TX.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby MelissaD » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Very nice. :D You might try using the table a bit before you cut it down. I find when I have the laptop out and some other papers trying to plan a route or something the extra room can come in handy. I always seem to run out of table or desk for that matter :?
MelissaD

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:47 pm

No problem Nikki.....spread the news since I am not on as often while working these projects (earning the travel $$$ you know) :)

But, yes, my B-Touring rig is the also the same 2007 unit. I made some redesigns over the last 7 years and mine has 67,000 miles though and a couple of small rust spots. :roll: :)

I am now in the process of thinking of trading mine in for a Thor Vegas.....I am wanting a separate sleeping area and dog crate space from the area that folks might want to sit....after seven years....

I use my back up camera to keep an eye on the little Honda following me, just to make sure it is still there and not suddenly hanging by one hook. :shock: :lol: For changing lanes, etc, I depend on my side mirrors....same with my backing up....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Othersharon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Wow, Nikki, I just read through the Betsy's Makeover and can't imagine the work that went into it. Absolutely amazing! The bed box is intriguing. I laid down on the couch and it seems okay but wonder about the seam or whatever it is in the middle when it's opened up. H-m-m. The dogs didn't so well with the twin bed thing in the RT but as soon as I made it up to the bigger bed they settled right down. Nah, my guys aren't spoiled!! So that one is still up for discussion! Oh, and I am in central PA bout 9 miles off of I-80. I have family in Austin and friends in SA. We were out there a few years ago and went to the Hill Country in their rv. Stayed a few days there then a few days in Kernville. Pretty country.

I went camera shopping and also want to get a different radio in my rig. Looking for something that includes GPS and Bluetooth, all in one so I don't have to deal with all the extra wires and stuff. Think I found someone to do the install but not going to jump into it. I did get some shoe bags to put on the bathroom door for "stuff". There really is wasted space in the bathroom. So I'll just create my own. But the shower rod extension rod and shower head may happen sooner then later. The head that's there now appears to be the original but I'll check that out soon too. Like when I get water in the tank or hook up! Maybe I need to do a camp out night in the driveway since it's cold and rainy the next few days! Yeh, I'm a fair weather camper.

Tina, I had to laugh at the picture in my mind of your Honda racing to catch up with the big guy and maybe hanging on for dear life!! Guess a camera is a good thing!

Melissa, are you still going to be in PA this summer? Mini GTG? Seems I remember your partner isa great organizer and maybe could share some of her ideas with me???

I turned the new rig around in the backyard today. Lots of stops and starts and jumping out to check how far from from the garage and various other obstacles in the yard. 40 acres it ain't! Without a spotter there is no way I would attempt to back out onto the road in front of my house. I'd probably get crushed by one of the big trucks coming around the corner! DH and I had that down to a science!

Goodness, I'm really rattling on tonight. Guess I'm just so excited I can't contain myself. Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes, it really does help!
Othersharon

Postby Olive6001 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:28 pm

I just looked at the makeover thread and realized I never posted the final pictures. I'll do that when the bed box is in and before I leave on the big adventure.

I ended up using and air mattress and a foam topper on the extended couch. Very comfy, but very high. Too high for my dog with the very short legs. That's why I've decided to go with the bed box. I couldn't sleep on the extended couch.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Remember we are here to listen to your excitement and plans and dreams....as long as you share the funny stories, too! :) It is difficult to get folks that don't understand the lure of the RV adventures to follow the importance of all the new discoveries ...little or big. (One never tires of tips on organizing. :lol: )
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:14 pm

VERY VERY Nice!!! Happy for you

Tina you are so right even the simplest discoveries are important because my small pea brain forgets very fast... you have to tell me 10 times then I forget again... my biggest boo boo was not knowing you could run the furnace without the generator going... I burned $26 in gas one night because of my mistake... never will forget that... ha ha ha Beth told me but I told her no mine needs the genny running... now listen to old timers!!! or is it all timers something like that...

Me and My Shadow
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby MelissaD » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:42 am

Othersharon wrote:Melissa, are you still going to be in PA this summer? Mini GTG? Seems I remember your partner is a great organizer and maybe could share some of her ideas with me???

Yep, we'll be there. On a rather humorous side note, GM FW at the end of February, declared they are working the week of July 4th for the 1st time in like 20 years, so the UAW filed a grievance. :D The workers are so use to having it off, they made their vacation plans for that week. The only question there ever was about the July shutdown was how long it would be. Sometimes it's 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Heck, in 2009(?) it was 9 weeks long. So I don't know if I have to be back for work on June 30th or if I'll have an extra week to play. :lol:

Two perks of hauling parts for GM was the July and Christmas shutdowns. Like having extra vacation. That and the 10 holidays they take off ;)
MelissaD

Postby judi » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:00 pm

So happy for you! It's an exciting time - best wishes for happy travels!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs