New Home for Lady Bird

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

New Home for Lady Bird

Postby Travelinana » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:49 am

Mitch put pictures up of me driving 'Funny Girl' away from the Blue Marlin. I have her all tucked into the garage. Today I found a new home for Lady Bird..sold her to the first couple to look at her...They will be picking her up before the end of the week. They only live 30 miles away but they are so excited they are going to head to a park before going home with her...guess that means I'll be sending Wallyworld a good amount of business. Now Funny Girl is loaded down with all that came out of Lady Bird...I kept thinking of Beth and her recent move into her new home on wheels..my brother couldn't believe how much came out of her. Now for sorting and storing, mostly storing since I've gone from 27' to 17'. My excitement has increased ten fold with the sale of Lady Bird..Tomorrow I will play in Funny Girl and I'll be humming the entire time...will probably have Elvis playing on the CD...I plan to take the dogs and go to Mountain View (Little Blue Grass Resort town) the first pretty weekend..DD comes from Seattle for Easter and we might go for a couple of nights to a park close by...would be fun to sit around a campfire and have a glass of wine. Perfect time of year as it's still cool, more like cold, at night and NO BUGS!
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Re: New Home for Lady Bird

Postby Irmi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:18 am

Nancy, you'll have a great time storing everything in Funny Girl and I can't wait to hear about your first trip out! Don't forget the pictures!
Irmi

Postby cnq50b » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:13 am

So happy for you, Nancy!
It sounds like both Funny Girl & Lady Bird will be venturing out more now. What fun! :D
I just reloaded essentials into my travelin' van for the summer & can't imagine how much work is involved in unloading & reloading anything bigger - but I do understand the fun & joy of anticipated travels & outings.
Hope to meet you someday - I don't think we are terribly far from each other. Maybe a mini-GTG this summer??? ;)

Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:35 am

Oh boy - Funny Girl is going to get some love today!!
And then she gets to go camping!

I'm curious where you'll put your daughter if you go camping - on the skinny lower bunk, or the wider upper bunk over the bed?

FYI - you can plug your iPod, iPad, mp3, whatever into the stereo system. And make sure the "B" speakers aren't on when you don't want them to be - don't want to tick off your neighbors.

I thought of another thing - years ago, I removed the smoke detector (over by the door) because I kept setting it off. Very annoying. I don't know where it is, but if it shows up, it's yours.

And another thing - check the anode rod to make sure it's screwed in tightly. And when you de-winterize, don't forget to do the outside shower. It's a tiny bit tricky to get the blue curly hose inserted properly, but my tech told me a little spray lube on the copper fitting helps immensely. He was correct.

mitch5252

Postby avalen » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:11 am

I'm excited for you too.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:40 pm

I set my smoke alarm off every time I light my stove or make toast so I put a small zip lock bag or saran wrap over my smoke alarm and hold it on with a rubber band. Just be sure and remember to take it off when you are through cooking.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:52 pm

How exciting that she sold so quickly. I'm so happy for you.

I just had to look for my smoke detector. I also took mine down in the old rig because I was setting it off daily. I haven't set the new one off yet. Maybe I'll be lucky. Ha. Heck, the old one would go off from boiling water.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:04 pm

How exciting for you both! Congratulations!!!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby KatIndi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Congrats!! How exciting for you! BUT downsizing from 27 ft to 17 ft!!??

Here I am going from 27 ft to 37 ft! LOL But then I'm kinda downsizing from a 950 sq ft house to a 37 ft home! :lol:

Have a blast!

Kat & Indi
KatIndi

Return to Show off your Rigs