Oh, The Junk We Find Places For

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Oh, The Junk We Find Places For

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:15 am

Nancy is coming for The Mobile Marlin this Thursday, so I had to get it in gear and clean 'er out.
OMGosh - the stuff that itty-bitty trailer can hold. And this isn't all of it!!

I have every intention to pack much more judiciously with the new trailer. :mrgreen:

Tomorrow, I'll call the County and find out what I need to do to transfer the title over to her proud (hopefully) new owner!

I'll miss The Mobile Marlin - George and I (and others) had some wonderful trips in that little trailer...

mitch5252

Re: Oh, The Junk We Find Places For

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:27 am

When I was a classroom teacher I learned to appreciate moving every two years or so.....Made me clean and sort all the materials I had kept "just in case." :roll: :lol:

Keep focused on the new TT and the adventures and the people that it will take you down the road to find.... :D

Now where in Ohio is it you pick up the new rig? Just asking......maybe by then I have a slight chance to get the house back in some sort of order.....You remember those shiny clean new floors and the hours I spend cleaning and decluttering the house last fall before I left. Apparently, I needn't have bothered.... :shock: :? It will take awhile.....one room at a time. Not to mention the RV that got emptied out and now needs that "Mitch" thorough type cleaning to remove all the desert dust, sand and dirt hiding in and behind everything..... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:53 am

I found a local CruiserRV dealer, but not for its Fun Finder brand. After some negotiation between Arrowhead Campers, CruiserRV, and me, the salesman convinced CruiserRV to let him order a Fun Finder.

I decided that the local price of an additional $1,500 would be well worth a 50 mile round trip vs. a 720 mile round trip to both pick it up and if warranty service is needed. I may have felt differently if I was as handy as some other people I know.

It's on order and I'll find out the production schedule sometime this coming week - we're thinking end of April for delivery.

I also felt much better about, and had more confidence in, this dealership.

So, no trip to Ohio (at least not for trailer shopping...)

OHBOYOHBOY!
mitch5252

Postby Irmi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:59 am

Mitch, I totally understand the things we accumulate in our home on wheels. When we moved out of our Sunseeker and into this, I said never again. I can't wait to see the pictures of all "that" packed back into your new unit.
Irmi

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Irmi wrote:Mitch, I totally understand the things we accumulate in our home on wheels. When we moved out of our Sunseeker and into this, I said never again. I can't wait to see the pictures of all "that" packed back into your new unit.

LOL - ALL that won't be going back in!! Okay, I say that now. It's daunting, isn't it? :o
Believe it or not, I think there's less storage in the new trailer.
mitch5252

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Have good time in your new TT Mitch...
there must be something wrong with me :shock: :o
but I like to take in...take out...arrange...rearrange
sort it out...move it and all that...I do that sometimes
in my rig just for something to do...anyway I don't mind doing
it in the rig...but a house ...now that is something else!!! Not
wanting to do that...
donna ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby gingerK » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Oh Mitch I feel your pain! lol This is just what happened to me when I sold my first TC and bought my 2nd one. The first had all kinds of storage space the second, not so much. When I saw what all I had in the first one, I couldn't believe so much stuff was in there! I told my friend we'll never get all that in the new camper. But we not only did, I added more as I went along finding new and different nooks and crannies that I filled up with stuff! :lol:
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dpf » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:04 pm

It is amazing at the amount the stuff we can pack into a small space...much of it is stuff that we never use! I swear when we brought the 5er I moved more junk out of our 28 TT than I moved out of my first apartment! I was able to pare that down a lot because I no longer needed the boys stuff because they weren't camping with us anymore...but I'm sure I've replaced it with other crap. It just dawned on me that I have the storage space under the queen size bed full and I don't think I've opened that up since I packed it in there. I really need that stuff...don't I! :roll:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm sometimes afraid to dig too far into some cabinets. Your pictures are reinforcing that fear. Ah, the things we think we have to have then never use.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Been there, done that at least 6 times! I'm saying never again but you never know!! LOL! Can't wait to see the new house!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:18 pm

You will have to get creative with storage solutions! (at least you don't have to find space for your bras anymore! :roll: :lol: )
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 pm

After you get everything reorganized, maybe you can help with mine.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:53 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:... (at least you don't have to find space for your bras anymore! :roll: :lol: )

That was at least an entire storage box for just a weekend!
mitch5252

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 am

I "purge" at least twice a year..once when we get ready to go and the other when we get back to the home campsite....but still have stuff that never sees the light of day.... :roll: The biggest issue here is Ernie and his cooking stuff and his grocery shopping....I swear those cupboards over the couch are going to fall right off the wall because of his "pack ratting" of can foods, etc. I make him clean out that cupboard every month.. :roll: ...and who needs 2-3 of every when it comes to cooking spoons, flippers, whisks, meat thermometers.... :? :roll: Don't get me started about pots and pans..... :shock: So when I purge, I put up a "free to a good home" table at the end of our site...and it' gone in a weekend.... ;) :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby skeedaddle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:46 am

well...by now...you're in the new rig..got it all tucked away...
since we're goin fulltime...my hubby.."pack rat"..starts naming all the tools he's gonna take...yikes..
hoping for a chance to make our life ...better.. O:-)
vera
skeedaddle

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs