What Do I Do????

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: What Do I Do????

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Linda, I emailed my friend about the slide. He doesn't know how old your unit is, and that problem solving is dependent upon the brand of slide actuator you have. He said "Mine, and the newer ones use schwintek slides. These motors can be disengaged, and the slide room pushed in, and blocked for transportation. I'll find the videos that walk thru the steps of doing it and send you the links."

Here is the link for the Schwintek In-Wall Slide System (Trouble Shooting Tips): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymt1Uesf0Pc

mitch5252

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:33 pm

mitch5252 wrote:My friend with the 189FDS (2012) says that the cushion on his dinette where he sits all the time is already squished (and he's a little guy). That's disappointing to hear. The foam in my X-160 seems to be really good and dense.

I have found a place that sells custom foam in any size, thickness, and density that you want, and the price is not too bad. I think the link was on the computer that got smashed in Baja! :( I hope I can find them again, if the foam on the new trailer really sucks.

Is this it?..

https://www.buyfoam.com/
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:44 am

By Jove, that's it, Barbie! Thanks. I've bookmarked it to the cloud so I won't lose it again.
mitch5252

Location of Slide Controler in FunFinder 189FDS

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:31 am

Linda, I asked my friend with the 2012 189FDS where his slide controller is. Here is his reply:

control panel is under the bed, where the fresh water pump and hot water heater is.
I wen thru the video, and hand wrote instructions from it, and keep it in the folder with all the paperwork.

mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Linda, there is no fan above the bed in your 189FBS?
mitch5252

Postby linann » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:02 pm

There is a fan over the bed. Not a Max Air, but it works quite well. There is a small round fan in the bathroom ceiling that is more of a vent fan. I am jealous of all your new features . . . electric jack and electric awning.

I never even considered looking under the bed for the slide disconnect. The dealer that sold us our TT did say the same thing as your friend . . . the motor would have to be disengaged and the slide pushed in if it broke and we were on the road. I don't have time to check out the video tonight, but I am looking forward to viewing it. I'm going to do the same thing and write out those instructions.

Since your disconnect is under the bed and it's not in the slide, I am wondering if we have a disconnect under our bed. It never made since that we would have to unbolt the sofa to get to the disconnect. The dealer was trying to figure this out when I asked. Although our TT was in excellent condition, we didn't not get a manual because we bought it used. Nor, did we get a crank it in tool. In fact, our dealer said there wasn't one. I bet that is not true. Can't wait to research this more.

The refrigerator on mine is excellent. Really keeps things cold, including ice cream. It holds a lot if you are a careful packer. We do not keep it on when driving because I do not like driving with propane on. The electric is the last thing disconnected before pulling away and the first thing connected on arrival. The refrigerator is always nice and cold because we are not opening the doors much. We use our TT frequently so we keep it connected to electric almost all the time. It is in the driveway with access to electric. This way there is no waiting for the refrigerator to cool down before I load food. Did have one minor episode last October at Silver Springs SP GTG where I accidently moved the lever inside the refrigerator to the coldest setting. Big mistake. In the middle of the night I kept hearing all these popping noises and I dreamed raccoons were dropping nuts on the roof. When I opened the refrigerator door in the morning, I discovered lots of frozen food and exploded soda cans. Lesson learned: start with the lever in the middle and make small adjustments until you figure out how cold it can get. In ours, the adjustment is a vertical slide (from warmest to coldest) to the right of the top shelf.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs