What Do I Do????

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: What Do I Do????

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:52 pm

I can't get the graph/table to load (?), so go here and scroll to the bottom.
There is smoke and translucent white.

http://www.maxxair.com/products/maxxfan/maxxfan.php
mitch5252

Postby Joan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Escape fiberglass trailers in Canada is coming out with a new dual axle 5th wheel that I think your frontier can tow but still may be too small for some.

I like the interior with the white cabinets. I would also get the electric jack either as part of the deal or later. I noticed that the slide does not have one of those toppers. I would get them to throw that in if you can.

Go for it!
Last edited by Joan on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby Cougarfan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:19 am

mitch5252 wrote:..

I can't get the graph/table to load (?), so go here and scroll to the bottom.
There is smoke and translucent white.

http://www.maxxair.com/products/maxxfan/maxxfan.php

That's a nice one. This is the one I was looking for in smoke http://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00-965001-Turbo-Speed-Thermostat/dp/B0002F67K0

I think I'll save the $300 and just close the vents when it rains LOL

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:09 am

I love my Fantastic Fan. I got the one with rain sensor and remote as I could not reach the unit to operate manually. It works great. However I have discovered one problem: there are times when I want to use it and it is raining (as in a hot day when I've left Nicky in the rig or when it is stuffy but not warm enough to want the AC on.). Am thinking of putting a cover over it so can use in rain but not sure how much that would cut air flow.

I'm so excited for both you and Nancy to be getting new travel vehicles.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Travelinana » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:10 am

After I moved back into my home, I admit I was a little sorry I had sold my Chinook but the Fun Finder will work so much better for me..I didn't want to go back to a small motor home because of maintaining another motor..I am hoping Mitch might have a couple of good pics of the outside so I can show everyone. When my Jayco is sold Tony has a friend who comes to visit him in a 40' motor home so he can put him up with full hookups...
Now to decide on a good time that fits both Mitch's and my schedules to head that way!! I finally get to see the 'Blue Marlin Resort' and pick up the cutest little RV on the road...I have a white truck but I sure do like red...hmm?
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby linann » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 am

Congratulations Nancy! You are going to love this TT. I saw it last summer in Kentucky. Mitch pampered the Mobile Marlin as much as Abby. Fun Finder is a great TT and this one is perfect!
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Congratulations to both Mitch and Nancy on their new TT's. I know I am jumping ahead here, but Mitch you did sell the MM. That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Kathy5853 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Very nice. Love the modern feel the white cabinets bring. Is there any concern with the frig being part of the slide (weight concern that is)?
Kathy5853

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Linda, Nancy is going to buy my Fun Finder X-160 (The Mobile Marlin). I plan to order a new Fun Finder - 189FDS.

Kathy, I am unaware of any issues with the fridge being in the slide. I have a friend who has the exact same model and he never mentioned any problems. He wanted this model BECAUSE the fridge is in the slide and as such, adds to the free floor space on the "main" floor (I believe he said 8 sq.ft).

mitch5252

Postby linann » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Ask the dealer how you will be able to bring in the slide if there is no power or you experience a problem with the slide. Maybe your friend who has this model knows. From what we can tell and the dealer told us, if something goes wrong there is no hand crank or slide release. The sofa will have to be unbolted and the slide motor disconnected to bring in the slide if we lose power or have a problem. This may not be an issue in the 2014 models, or may be easier to deal with under the dinette. I've never had a problem with the slide, but it is something to check out especially since the refrigerator is probably heavier than the sofa. I have the 189 with the sofa in the slide and would definitely choose this floor plan again. Having the refrigerator next to the bed has been a big plus. It helps block a little of the freezing AC blowing directly on the bed (even at the lowest temp setting). Anyone who wants super cold AC will be very happy with this rig because it definitely cools down fast, even in the hottest weather. Important to check where the extra floor space is located and if it will add to the livability. It is great that Cruiser RV has been adding new floor plans and features.
Linann
linann

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Linda, I asked the salesman yesterday about a manual way to in/out for both the slide and the electric awning. Yes to both...he said something about a special little tool you stick in somewhere. Obviously, they'll have to show me. Sure hope I don't forget to ask!! And just how level does the trailer have to be for the slide to work properly? REALLY level, or PRETTY level?

Here's a comparison of the two floorplans...

mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:45 pm

linann wrote:...It is great that Cruiser RV has been adding new floor plans and features.

And it seems like they've upgraded some things.
I was at first disappointed when they stopped making the X-139 and the X-160, but now I'm happy!
Or will be in two months.

My friend with the 189FDS (2012) says that the cushion on his dinette where he sits all the time is already squished (and he's a little guy). That's disappointing to hear. The foam in my X-160 seems to be really good and dense.

I have found a place that sells custom foam in any size, thickness, and density that you want, and the price is not too bad. I think the link was on the computer that got smashed in Baja! :( I hope I can find them again, if the foam on the new trailer really sucks.

mitch5252

Postby linann » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:47 pm

I've never stayed anywhere we couldn't get the TT level enough for the refrigerator to work so I guess that's level enough. Remember, even in Kentucky the TT's were able to lower the jack enough to get level front to back. I've had it off from side to side where the bathroom and closet door would not stay open. The slide worked fine. Really good that there is a tool. Please PM when you receive the rig and learn all this stuff. I bet the dealer didn't tell us the truth and I just need to order another crank and learn how to use it. Very important if you are boon docking and the battery goes dead or you have a problem. This really happened when I had the 5th wheel. Had to hand crank in the super slide to move it once. Interesting that the table in front of the sofa model is now curved. Ours is straight, but we never use it anyway and taking it out adds lots of room. You will be amazed at how much floor space you will have with the slide out.

Cruiser RV has definitely added some upgrades and it was already a nice TT. I wouldn't worry about replacing cushions in a few years if needed. You are very handy and that would be an easy fix. Nice floor space for an area rug. Can have more than one rug and rotate them to change colors when you want to change things up. I bet the cabinet next to be bed would function as an AC block. Just tilt the AC lever toward the entrance door, pull the bed drape closed and snuggle under a blanket. You are going to absolutely love this TT.
Linann
linann

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:28 pm

linann wrote:...You are going to absolutely love this TT.

Oh, it's statements like that, that get me all wiggly excited!
mitch5252

Postby linann » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:38 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
linann wrote:...You are going to absolutely love this TT.

Oh, it's statements like that, that get me all wiggly excited!

You deserve it . . . enjoy the anticipation!
Linann
linann

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs