What Do I Do????

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: What Do I Do????

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:47 am

Ernie & I agree, it's perfect for you and Abby... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:10 am

I have seen the Scamp 5th wheel and it is cute but very tiny. You would have more room in the one you are looking at. If this is the floorplan that works for you, then go for it! The slide really makes a big difference in the roomy feel of a TT. Personally, I would rather have a couch than the dinette because I love to lounge, but that is because I am very lazy! :roll: :lol:
You know more what you want/need than any of us do, so follow your heart! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:18 am

Fun Finder makes two versions of this trailer - 1) a couch in the slide, and 2) the table and refrigerator in the slide.

I have a friend who has the exact same model (2012 version) and he's the one that pointed that out to me. The addition of the fridge to the slide, he said, makes 8' sq. more floor space than the sofa version. He said that the dinette comfort is "okay" and it's not made for large people, but I should be okay "because I'm a runt".

It makes into a bed, if a traveling companion is too short to get up to the bunk.
mitch5252

Postby linann » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:55 am

We have a Fun Finder this size with the sofa in the slide. Same color scheme and floor. Lots of light with the big windows. The double axle makes it super easy to tow; tracks well with no sway. Refrigerator is terrific size with a large freezer. The over the bed cabinet has lots of room for bulky storage/blankets and drops down for a large bunk. Pass through garage storage is large. There is also storage under the bed and probably under the dinette seats. Another nice design feature is the 7 foot width makes it easy to tow. We did not have to add extended mirrors to tow.

Things to consider -- Refrigerator is in the slide. In sofa model, refrigerator is next to bed and not in slide. Ours does not have ducted air, which means it blows very cold air (as in freezing) on the bed. Drape helps with that, but does not totally block the cold air. We use the shower for storage because it is small. Should not be a problem since you are smaller.

You already know the features and quality of this brand. Seems Fun Finder has added some new options with the Fantastic Fan, electric jack, electric awning, convection microwave and probably more.

Really love this TT. It has so much room for you and Abby!
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby Irmi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:39 am

I say get it! The Fantastic Fan blows the hot air out and cools the unit down in no time, so much so, that you may not need to use the a/c.
Irmi

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:50 pm

The salesman is going to call me back in a bit - he's swamped on his lot right now.

I am going to have a MaxxFan Deluxe installed instead of the Fantastic Fan. I don't know if he (his shop) can do that install. If not, I will have it done elsewhere. I'll tell him if he can install it for $300, I'll take it instead of the Fantastic Fan.

I was getting shaky when doing my fan research just now and said, "Girl, you need to calm down."
Then I realized I was having low blood sugar!!!
I'm an idiot.

My little X-160 MAY be sold!

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Make sure the salesman comes down on the price. Then go for it. Hope you have found a buyer.

Personally I'd prefer the sofa to the dinette, but you have to figure which is better for you. Then dive in with both feet.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby judi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm so excited for you! You must have a christening with a nice bottle of bubbly!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:13 pm

judi wrote:I'm so excited for you! You must have a christening with a nice bottle of bubbly!

Man, I hope you mean drink it, not crack it over the bow... :D
Only place I would ever crack a perfectly good bottle of champagne - well, you all can most likely guess...
(yes, Vickie's head...)

Haven't ordered it yet.
If The Mobile Marlin is really sold, well, I could be back to infested and filthy hotel rooms!

mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Or relying on the kindness of friends.... :roll: Like that would even work. :o :lol: Maybe Ronnie would let you put an air mattress in his electronics's room for a night or two....? :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:31 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:...Maybe Ronnie would let you put an air mattress in his electronics's room for a night or two....? :)

Do you honestly think I could live that long and closely with Vickie and not have to hurt her in some way?
Just sayin'.
mitch5252

Postby WickedLady » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:04 pm

When I was looking to buy my GMC van I got them to drop the price by $500 but then they offered a ridiculously low trade-in price for my Dodge Grand Caravan. I told the salesman I would think about it and left. Two days later he called me about it and I told him I didn't do business with people that tried to take advantage of me on my trade-in. Shocked him. He said, "let me get back to you". Came back with a reasonable price and I made the deal.
Men think they can get away with that sort of thing with a woman. Guess he never had met a Wickedlady before.
WickedLady

Postby Cougarfan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:33 pm

1. Great floor plan
2. Weight looks good for your truck
3. What's wrong with a Fantastic Fan?
4. I just installed an Atwood tongue jack on my trailer. They are kind of loud but do have a great reputation and get good reviews.
5. In that model, I would take the dinette over the sofa
6. Looks like it has a bunk above the bed.
7. Take your convection oven out of the X-160 and put a cheap microwave in there so you can sell it, then put the convection oven in the new one
8. Height of the trailer won't matter because it has two axles. Much more stable. Just make sure (as others have said) your hitch is adjusted so the trailer is either level or just slightly nose down.
9. Love the white cabinets. Makes trailers look bigger inside.
10. Send pictures when you get it hooked up.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:11 pm

My understanding is that a rain shield has to be added to the Fantastic Fan. The MaxxAir Deluxe has that built in. I have been more than pleased with the one that is in the Mobile Marlin. The new model has some improvements over mine.

Why, in this model, would you prefer the dinette over the sofa?
(I love to hear opinions...someone always thinks of something I missed.)

Yes, there is a bunk over the bed. If it has a mattress like the one in my current Fun Finder, it's worthless unless you're a child. I will have to get some sort of small and comfortable mattress for Phyllie.

I don't think Travelinana would like it if I took out the convection microwave... :o

I'll take pictures when I can. First I have to order it. (Monday)
mitch5252

Postby Cougarfan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 pm

The floor plan with the dinette gives you more floor room so a more open living area. The one with the sofa might feel more closed in. BUT it doesn't really matter what I think. It's all about what you want. I also think a center door would give you a little better air flow. I have a rear door on mine and I don't get much benefit with the door open. I would love to put a sofa in mine just to open the living area up a bit but that's just me.

shhhh....tell Travelinana the convection oven broke :o

I would just get a twin size air mattress for the bunk. I think it would be much more comfortable than any "mattress" you could put up there plus it will roll up and be out of the way when you don't have guests. My guess is that the dinette/sofa would be more comfortable than the bunk regardless what kind of mattress you put up there.

I looked at the MaxxAir but can't find it in smoke or black. A white one would look funny on mine LOL

This is very exciting!!! I hope everything works out and you get to drag it to my neck of the woods soon so I can see it in person!

Laura
Cougarfan

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs