What Do I Do????

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: What Do I Do????

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Two things I know:

1) I know what that jack is on the trailer

and

2) Vickie doesn't know jack.

mitch5252

Postby sharon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:58 pm

I've seen what you bring (sort of) and how you store it...can you do that in this one? And 2nd question...not knowing much about trailers since I'm a motorhome kind of gal, this one looks pretty high off the ground. Will it be squirrely pulling it? Fishtail type squirrely. Just asking....
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:30 pm

...will it provide the traveling space for you and a BBF......since it doesn't provide you the twin bed option that the all aluminum one offered? I am guessing that giving up your beloved table and seating area (which you are looking for) is worth it for the times that you have someone traveling with......(Then again can you get Phylie to buy your old trailer and travel with you that way? :roll: :) )
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Azusateach » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:34 pm

sharon wrote:I've seen what you bring (sort of) and how you store it...can you do that in this one? And 2nd question...not knowing much about trailers since I'm a motorhome kind of gal, this one looks pretty high off the ground. Will it be squirrely pulling it? Fishtail type squirrely. Just asking....

Sharon, most of the trailers are riding high now. It's all in making sure the WDH is set up properly and having some sort of sway control as well. You should see how high mine rides ... :shock:

Laura
Azusateach

Postby Redetotry » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Looks good, especially the big refrigerator. The only thing, does it doesn't have much counter space.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:59 pm

I will carry a LOT less in the bed of the truck - Abby's very large stroller never felt a grain of sand. Four 2-gallon gas tanks won't come again. A garden sprayer won't come again, and so on...

I think it has as much storage as my little trailer. What will be missing is the second top bunk where I put all my little containers. I believe it'll be okay in the storage department.

Vickie says I should do it. My financial advisor says I can do it. I think I should do it.

Oh, and I found it cheaper ($200) and 200 miles closer (the one I'd order is from a dealer in Cincinnati)

mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:03 pm

You mean you might have to drive to Cincinnati to pick it up? :) I know someone who lives near there, just saying......
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Stuart lives nearby, right?
mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Right...but he has to ride in a car to find swimming water.... :roll:
BirdbyBird

Postby cnq50b » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:39 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..

Vickie says I should do it. My financial advisor says I can do it. I think I should do it.

So.... whatcha waiting for???? :?
Woohoo! :D
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:45 pm

I think I should clean out my little X-160 and get it listed in the local paper! :o
Eight weeks or less for delivery on special order.
mitch5252

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:10 pm

I like it! The white cabinets make it look so much brighter & cheery. Do it!!! ( I spending other peeps $$$$ :P )
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Excel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Just offering my 2 cents so here goes....As I was reading the break down, I noticed it doesn't add up right... looks like there's several TV's you can choose from, etc.... but where does the total price come from ? Plus, it looks like you don't have a bathroom or did I just not see it... can't say I'm much on pulling a trailer, like Sharon, I take my house with me by way of a Class C that has everything I need & want. Mitch, being as your a pretty sharp gal, why aren''t you looking at a smaller 5th wheel to pull ???? They are so much easier to handle & have lots of pluses over a trailer.... myself ? that's what I'd be looking at.... JMHO.. Do whatever makes you happy...... ;)
Excel

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:46 pm

A 5th wheel entered my mind for about 2 seconds. Do they even make a small enough one to be pulled by my little truck?

The total price is the base price at the top plus the stuff highlighted in yellow.

Look at the floor plan - bathroom is in the back.

What are some of the pluses? I'm having difficulty imagining what could be different.
mitch5252

Postby Azusateach » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:13 am

mitch5252 wrote:A 5th wheel entered my mind for about 2 seconds. Do they even make a small enough one to be pulled by my little truck?

I think that Scamp makes a fiberglass fifth wheel that might be light enough. But that would be it, and I don't think you'd gain much, if anything. Fiberglass "egg-type" trailers don't have slides, and I don't know how well insulated they are either.

I like fifth wheels. But to own one and pull it safely I'd be looking at getting at least a 3/4 ton, probably a 1 ton. With duallys (sp?). And that wouldn't even be for a big one. I love having the bedroom away from the living/eating area. If I were planning on full-timing I'd seriously think about a 5er. But I'd have to sell just about everything to get set up properly. They're quite luxurious.

Laura
Azusateach

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs