Carolinagal's Rig

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Carolinagal's Rig

Postby Liz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm posting a couple of pictures of Carol's Class C for her. I'll let her tell you about it and where we were (if she remembers). Maybe some of you can guess...hmmm.

That's Carol with her Jayco.

Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Carolinagal's Rig

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:41 pm

I can't wait to find out...sure is pretty. Those tall pines could be from my native Michigan, but the red rock puzzles me. Somewhere in the west? I'm geographically challenged...gotta get out and explore a little more! :oops:
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:43 pm

Nice pictures. I'm guessing Utah or maybe Idaho? Probably way off. But have to put the red rocks and the pines together lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:43 pm

Hey Liz, another nice surprise, thank you for putting this in for me. Well, the first one is at the Grand Canyon, North Rim. What a great park, the rim was not far from our site. the rangers have a great story time. You have to get there early in the day though. They have wicked showers, force of the water, do not stand frontwards OUCH!!!! you pay for that pain too. I forget how many quarters :lol: :lol:

The 2nd one is Red Canyon campground, just before we got to Bryce Canyon, I will never forget that place , those rocks were gorgeous. I met a young woman who was up there to ride bikes through the area. They were there quite often. Popular place for it.

Am I right on the first one Liz? I know I am on the 2nd, I loved that area through there and the red, wow !

My rig is 21 ft. but I love the lay out. Its getting old 1994 we bought it new, so I know the care its had. I would love a new one, but this one is running good yet, and a new one is out of the question. Always said I hoped it would last as long as I can drive. Which Good Lord willing is a very long time yet, I still have lots to see.
Thanks again Liz !!!!
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:49 pm

nice rig, and great pics, Grand Canyon is on my list to go
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Carol, what's your layout inside? My rig is a 1999 22' Gulfstream - and like you, I love my rig. Unfortunately, spending too much time near oceans is making me scared of things like rust, etc - but I am hoping to have this one for some time yet, also.

I have a back corner bed, and a small couch slide out - with a table that can be used, but stores behind the couch - and an overhead bed I use for storage. Is yours similar, or do you have the back kitchen? Curious minds need to know :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi Beth, mine has the back corner bed, with bathroom sharing the back area. I have no slide out, and no couch, just the table with the two couches. wide enough isle you can walk by someone, not enough counter, but an added counter that pops up into place on the other side of the stove, which I use, when I get in a real cooking mood, which is not real often. I have a nice size refrig and freezer area, so always take frozen meals I have prepared. Its nice for two, but really nice for just one person. I don't know that slideouts at the time we bought ours, were real popular yet. We were looking for small, its the best we found, we always traveled off the interstates, I still do, unless rushed for time. Some of those backroads, in the mts. are hard to navigate with big rigs in these small towns during festival times. I have driven on roads, I enjoyed and then had people be flabbergasted I had driven the motorhome on those roads. Course, you know the woman driving alone stuff huh? I'm still running into people who are so amazed I drive the country alone. It still looks great inside, except the carpet and we had planned to put tile down. i just haven't gotten brave myself or found someone I could talk into doing that job .
Thanks for making this web site up for all the women, I love it, on some nights its nice to be where its friendly.
Carolinagal

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Reread your questions and forgot to mention, yes the big bed over the cab is used ,mostly for storage. Right now, it has gifts for my grandchildren I'm going to visit and my winter comforter, as nights get cold early in Colorado. my coat, extra blankets if someone else sleeps in with me. Kids like to sometimes. Just things I might need this trip. I have slept 7 in there, with no one crowded. the whole unit is bedroom area, other living is done outside on those occasions. Lot of memories and great times, I am still having in it. I would just love to do more traveling. I think I have put some 65, 000 miles on it myself, its really been used. I love it, so don't mind telling anything anyone would like to know.
Carolinagal

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Carol, will you be able to make the Texas GTG in November?
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Jill, I am really planning and hoping to make it. When will you need a definite answer? I will probably be home by Sept or so, and I'll try to keep track here until then.Ok?
Carolinagal

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Karen (Retiredhappy) is organizing it. She will be workkamping there then. Let's keep in touch under the "Get Together" thread heading. I sure hope you can join us. I hope TX in early November is warmer than our Louisiana GTG in December was!
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Liz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:55 am

The first pic was actually in a cg in Jacob Lake, just outside the North Rim park. We stayed there the first night then at the North Rim cg the bext night. This park had a nice little hiking trail with rest stops. :P

You're right about the second pic. It was a National Forest cg (Dixie NF) on Rte 12 near Bryce Canyon NP. They had a very steep hiking/biking trail that gave a good view from the top of the mtn.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks Liz, after I submitted my response, I thought of that campground, remembered that trail well. I should have waited this morning and made sure of my answer. The name of the park never came to me though, I just knew it started with a J. I've slept alot since we were there. What memories are in all of those pictures. Thanks for posting them for me and the puzzle also :D
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Carol,
It sounds like our rigs are very, very similar in floorplan, with the exception of you have a dinetter where I have a sofa and that my sofa has a slideout. I like traveling exactly as you say- backroads, etc, and I have taken this on some dirt roads and over some culverts, etc LOL - that I could never dream of doing with a big (or even much bigger) rig. It's also why I don't tow. And I get those looks, also. And people who say how proud of me they are. I just figure I'm doing what I want to do - and not going to let anyone stop me :)

Hope you make it to the TX gtg for many reasons - and now one of them will be to compare our rigs. My carpet also looks terrible - especially after last month when Tips was so ill his last days - I've shampooed it, but some stains are still there. Maybe the next shampoo.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:11 am

I like your rig, that's a really great size. Not too big to maneuver in tighter places. Is it easy to back into sites?
Cedar518

Return to Show off your Rigs