Bessie

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Bessie

Postby daibraik » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 am

Hopefully, you can see Bessie just above my signature block (if I uploaded her picture correctly). I'm not in the habit of naming my vehicles, but she feels special to me. She's a total pain in the rear right now. Someone mentioned Thor ACE's weren't well built (okay, she didn't say it quite that kindly), and I would have to agree. Still, she's bought (but not paid for), and I have to come to terms with her flaws (at least for a few years while we deal with depreciation). I had a tow bar and hitch put on her and a tow package on my little Sonic that I bought (not paid for) to go with her (traded in my Subaru...sadness). I had another bar installed to prevent sway. I had...what else...some warranty issues with cabinets addressed. I had an invisibrake installed in the toad. I had my pride and joy, my satellite installed. Yes, I love TV as much as I love traveling. Traveling by day, TV at night. Yes! I had her winterized for the brief time that she'll be out to pasture (storage lot (not paid for)) until we head out after Christmas. South...

Gosh, what else did I get for my 6K worth of work? Something. Oh, well, that's it for now. She's got growing pains, and I'll grow along with her. Now, I'm interested in sort of getting her feeling homey, and where I might store stuff (after moving it around several times).

Dawn
Dawn
2014 Thor ACE 29.2
2014 Chevrolet Sonic
Magellan (the GPS)
Currently in Arizona for the winter
daibraik

Re: Bessie

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 am

Congrats on Bessie. Even though I don't have a MH yet, I'd bet they all have their 'iffy' parts. Just something you work around, fix or get used to. Have fun on the road & be safe.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:08 am

Congrats. Enjoy.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:57 am

Enjoy settling in -- and have fun with her!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Redwahine » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Congrats. We have a 2013 class A we got in March. Still working out all the bugs. Sometimes I think they'll never be worked out. But then I remember that a stick and brick house has the same amount of issues and I calm down. I'm sure you have many happy days of adventure in your future.
Redwahine

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Think you will end up enjoying her in spite of flaws (as long as they don't get too expensive).
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Patience as you work through the bugs..... I do appreciate to shorter Class A's. Wish they could get the nuts and bolts put together better.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Excel » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Really enjoyed your post Dawn.... keep up that great sense of humor... and good luck with your coach.... they all have bugs of one kind or another... so don't feel alone... You'll really love it once you brighten it up with your own stuff... enjoy !!!!
Excel

Postby Gentleladybear » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Did you purchase the extended warranty? That will help you a lot with some of your issues as far as payment for them.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Janet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 am

Hello Bessie! I read your post with great intrest. I just got a Sonic LTZ 2014 hatchback. Got the invisbrake system but havering problem getting the darn thing installed. Where did you install your controll box? It won't go under the seat, no room. Love the little car and want to get it to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Janet

Postby Janet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:08 am

:oops: oh Dawn I addressed the last post to your motorhome, I guess you can tell I am new to this! But if Bessie can tell you any tips pass them on. :oops:
Janet

Return to Show off your Rigs