PLUTO is here! Yeah

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: PLUTO is here! Yeah

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Very nice rig!

Just curious...can those bunk beds be removed and have that space turned into an office of sorts? (just thinking ahead...)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BayouLady » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:02 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Very nice rig!

Just curious...can those bunk beds be removed and have that space turned into an office of sorts? (just thinking ahead...)

Probably someone that is very crafty could do that
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby Colliemom » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Bayoulady, that "sweet spot" you are looking for is easy to find. What you need to do when you have your trailer backed in where you want it, is lower your jack and keep cranking, The tow vehicle will start to rise up. When you have it about as far as you think you can go roughly, then all you have to do is take that rod and pull down on the lever that's holding the chains up, then then swing the bars out away from the trailer tongue where they were hooked until they release from the hitch. There's a little "notch" on the hitch and once you line up the little "tab" on the bar, it will come out. Reverse when you put it back on. Then all you have to do is crank the jack and lower your vehicle back down to level, unhook the lever on the hitch, crank up the jack so it comes off the hitch ball and all set. the trick is, you want to get your vehicle's bumper up enough to take off that pressure so you can release those chains. And make a note of how many links you had to take off the latch too, so you will know how many to hook back up. This probably sounds confusing, but really it's easy. After a few times you will get the hang of it and the "feel" for how far to jack up to release those chains.

There's another trick you can do too, to make sure you are level when you are all hitched up and that is, before you hitch up and your vehicle is parked on the level. Measure from the top of your front wheel well on both sides of your vehicle, to the ground and make a note of how many inches it is. Then after you hook up the trailer and have your WD bars and all that in place, measure that same spot again. Those measurements should be the same or close to, say about half way between measure #1 and measure #2. If not, then adjust the chains another link and measure again. After that you will know about how many links to use.

And of course the hitch itself is heavy. I fortunately can still lift and carry mine, but I am thinking of taking some scrap lumber, mostly 2x6's and 2x4''s along with some little wheels and making my self a "dolly" platform to set my hitch on. When I want to put it back in the receiver, I will justwheel it over and slide it in. Reverse when I take it out. I'll let everybody know it it works or not.

Now, I love that TT. It's sweet. Very well laid out. Going to be fun to see how you "personalize" yours. I know you are going to have fun. We both have new rigs to get all set to head for adventures.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BayouLady » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:58 pm

You make it sound easy but it does make sense. It was raining and we were rushed, I was swinging it all over trying to figure it out. The guy at the dealer told me to go with the third link, but now I'm interested to see how that measures up.

The hitch is a monster,it's still on the vehicle, tempted to leave it on for the tailgaters
BayouLady

Postby Irmi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:25 am

I like your unit a lot and can't wait to see how you make it your own. The instructions Sue (Colliemom) gave you are exactly what we did when we had our travel trailer. Once you get the hang of it, it's not hard. Can't wait to meet you down the road.
Irmi

Postby BayouLady » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 am

Going to hellmart today to get some things started. Too much brown, definitely needs some colour added inside.

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:30 am

It looks great. Fun is coming!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby sharon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:19 am

Cute rig! But sounds like a lot of work to hitch and unhitch....but prolly like everything else, sounds worse than it is. LOL!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Looks like a good choice and appears the dogs approve as well.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Red is a good accent color for the colors in your TT. (just sayin')
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BayouLady » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Didn't make it to the store, ended up having to bring Beck to the vet for a belly issue. He's got some meds and they seem to be working really well, he had his dinner and finally catching up on his snoozing. Did get insurance on the trailer, so at least that part is done. If a storm gets in the Gulf, insurance companies won't insure a travel trailer, at least that's what I've been told. Depending on how my man does tonight, I'll try to make it to hellmart tomorrow.

Bonnie

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:14 am

Did I miss what ur tow vehicle is?
mitch5252

Postby Christine » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:03 pm

So sweet!!! as far as the stabilizer bars go.. before you hook them up with the chains.. rise your trailer some.. and vise versa when taking them off.. I learned the hard way and didnt do that.. always complained why my back hurt....LOL
Christine

Postby BayouLady » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 pm

mitch5252 wrote:Did I miss what ur tow vehicle is?

My bad, I probably didn't post it, '03 4Runner (Neptune), towing weight capacity 5k and Pluto is 3200 lbs

Found some cream coloured sheets with little red flowers, so it doesn't clash with the brown, but opens the door to red. A red fan and cute little red coleman lantern, along with necessities of regular hose, water hose & filter, air purefier, scissor jack, propane tank gauge, and a couple of storage bins, we are slowing getting there. As for plates and flatware, that's disposable for now, hopefully the dumpster isn't too far, if it is, it will be a nice little walk for the puppies and i.
BayouLady

Postby MelissaD » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Cool now you need a power post so you have shore power. Throw in a water line and a sewer hookup and you'd have a guestroom. Actually, it can be pretty nice to have full hookups at the house to get ready for and when returning from a trip. Looks like they did a real nice job on the pad.
MelissaD

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs