PLUTO is here! Yeah

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: PLUTO is here! Yeah

Postby BayouLady » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:31 pm

that can be done with extension cord and i do have a drainage system installed in the back, so I could dump the grey water providing it's only soap and water. the a/c would have to run off the propane, but i believe everything else would run off electric
BayouLady

Postby MelissaD » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:54 am

A/C is normally off electric and too much for an extension cord. Fridge is often electric or gas. Either way sounds like you got it covered which is awesome. Wish I could park mine at home but it won't fit in my yard, city lot only 0.17 acres :o
MelissaD

Postby OutandAbout » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:07 pm

BayouLady wrote:We're in, now we have to wait for Mom to figure out the rest so we can go sniff new places. Beck & Alexis

It didn't take long after all. I bet after your first night in the TT, even if it is on your pad, they will just love it. I think the TT is great. You did good. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby BayouLady » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:14 am

We are going to be camping in it this weekend, now that i have sheets for it. I definitely want to home camp a few times before heading out.

Linda, I was so happy to see my dobie boy jump in it, he was my concern for that.

Does anyone use a trailer dolly ? I'm thinking about getting one because it would make getting Pluto on his pad much easier.
BayouLady

Postby linann » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Like the pad and your counter space next to the sink. The sheets sound perfect. Walmart has inexpensive indoor/outdoor type runner carpets with matching size that works well at the front door. Several of the color schemes would work well with the brown/cream/red you have started. Decorating is so much fun.

We have a travel trailer and hook the 30 amp up to house power with an adapter. The refrigerator runs fine this way, plus we can turn on the AC when loading and unloading.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby BayouLady » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:11 am

MelissaD wrote:A/C is normally off electric and too much for an extension cord. Fridge is often electric or gas. Either way sounds like you got it covered which is awesome.

Not quite figured it out yet :( got propane, but the air wouldn't come on ???? sent a message over to the salesperson asking how to backyard boondock. 90 plus degrees, i'm not sleeping without the a/c and the manual says nothing about running it all propane.

Today is Tax Free shopping, so I'm going to get some more storage bins and supplies while there is a little break in the price.
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby linann » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:33 am

Check the circuit breaker if the rig is plugged into electric and AC won't turn on.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby BayouLady » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:47 am

Got word back, the only things that run off propane is the furnace (don't need), hot water heater and fridge, everything else is electric, but I'm probably not getting enough power for the a/c, everything else comes on. Will check the circuit breaker and mentioning that, adding fuses to the list.

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby Azusateach » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 am

You'll want to be careful about trying to run your AC on low power. It can do nasty things to the unit, even burning it out. Most folks won't run it unless they know that they've got 30amp capability for their power.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby BayouLady » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Laura, that's what I'm thinking :(
I'm going to put a call out to my ac guy, I pretty sure he's a certified electrician and get an idea of how much that would be. I also got a heavier extension cord for the times I run everything else off the house. Lights, fridge and microwave will come on with the regular power. Things are getting organized with totes, starting to look a little homey inside. I need to fill up the water and drain it to clear out the water hose and filter, which I'll do tomorrow.

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs