Finally brave enough to make changes

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Finally brave enough to make changes

Postby cnq50b » Mon May 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Yes, I have finally gotten over my usual 'keep it like new' syndrome & have made my first modification! :D

Inspired by others here & by the desire to help move my DD's stuff out to CA without towing a u-haul trailer, I've taken out 1 of the jack-knife sofa's. I love the extra space it gives me. I'll probably put a glider/rocker there for my travels. (they're smaller than standard rocker/recliners) :D

Here's a pic empty...

And here it is on DD's moving day.

An added plus of putting her stuff inside the van is I found how terrific it drives with a little extra weight! I wasn't buffeted by the winds like I usually am. And since I had the van weighed during boot camp & it was drastically underweight (the van, not me :lol: :lol: :lol:), I'm sure I'm still within my limits.

We need to rearrange things a bit for the trip to San Diego in mid to late June. I'll be taking her 2 cats & Sadie with me so I need to be able to turn on the generator (button is way in the back) so I can run a/c if I need to stop for a rest. And I KNOW I'm going to need to stop! :D

Anyway, I'm so happy we took that sofa out & have felt how solid this thing is with a little extra weight. Really looking forward to the trip now!

So, thanks for your inspiration. If I ever get to a GTG, I'm open to any ideas or recommendations to continue homing it up a bit. :)
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Re: Finally brave enough to make changes

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 pm

You have room for a dance floor...well after delivery of the extra furniture that is... :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Mon May 27, 2013 8:03 pm

yep, lots of extra room. I love my glider rocker, have sat with my laptop on the ottoman part many times.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Olive600 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Congrats! Be careful, next thing you know you'll have a drill in one hand and a paintbrush in the other. It really is addicting. Enjoy your extra space!

Nikki
Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Way to go, Catherine!
Good job.

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Good job. And I feel I travel better when my fresh water tank is full. And it doesn't take my mileage down. Weight is not always the enemy. Can't wait to see it with your rocker.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carolb » Tue May 28, 2013 5:57 am

Oh Catherine, it's great! :P Now, Sadie goes to CA--how's sweet Sierra? She's a great old gal...traveling will be too hard on her :( ??
carolb

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue May 28, 2013 8:06 am

Great job...I know you will love the
extra room...have a good trip... ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby havingfunnow » Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 am

It's wonderful! :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Sandersmr » Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 am

If you were underweight with the sofa in, you will really be underweight now - well, except with it loaded with your DD's stuff.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby Lopo » Tue May 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Bravo! Once you take ownership by making one change, you begin to see other possibilities, and then it gets fun! Our need to "nest" is pretty basic. :)
Lopo

Postby cnq50b » Tue May 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Thanks. I think you are all right. I just needed to start with this small modification to start thinking about others. And yes, Ava, I can't wait to get a glider/rocker in there - watching craigslist for a good deal. :D
Carol, Sierra is doing ok - she's slowed down alot & a long trip would be too hard on both of us (but we might squeeze in an overnighter before I head out) She'll stay with my ex if needbe. He's good with her & works from home so he can tend to her while I'm gone.
As far as weight goes, the sofa was super lightweight so I hope the glider-rocker will help make up for it - and maybe start a rock collection! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, now that I've start it does feel more like home. Looking forward to some trips once the kids head west. :)
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Nasoosie » Tue May 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Huge amount of space in there! I love it!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to Show off your Rigs