Meet Dorothy

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Meet Dorothy

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:41 pm

The plus side of working with an older RV....not so much fear of changing stuff to make it work for you. I like the idea of one curtain across the front but I only have two side windows and as long as temperatures permit I like to let as much light in as I can :? I do need to put a better track up for the half curtain I do have though. Keep inspiring us. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:16 pm

I can not find a shower curtian rod long
enough to go across my rv.....please tell
me where to find one
grammynmaggie

Postby Lopo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:27 pm

You can buy the curtain tracks in Camping World, and they screw directly to the ceiling. Then get those little rings that match it, and then thank heavens you can still get these kind of old-fashioned shower curtain rings instead of the plastic ones. I'm going to post a close-up of them, partly to redeem myself from my mess of links at the top (which I'm going to just delete since Mitch kindly posted them. ;))

Lopo

Postby Lopo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Linda, the table is a computer desk I found in a thrift shop for $20. It won't fold down, but is just sitting there. If I want to make up the bed there, it would have to go, hmmm, outdoors? I don't think I'll need to make up that bed, but I've cut 3 pieces of 1x6 to fit across between the benches to hold the cushions if I do, and have them stashed overhead.

Martha,The spring-loaded shower curtain rods aren't wide enough. The other thing that would work is the long drapery rod with brackets that attach to the ceiling instead of the wall. I bought one but decided not to use it because the curtain track that was already there works so well with the shower curtains and those metal rings. You just need to find the stud going across the ceiling and screw that track to it if you don't have the track already there. I think the track is less than $10 in Camping World. They have different types of track so buying it in a store where you could match the track to the right rings might be a good idea - or get a good customer service person.
Lopo

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Wow, you've got posting pictures down to a science. Good going!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Lopo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:36 pm

I figured if I'm going to find my way to Alaska, I'd better make sure my brain still works. .;) Telling me I didn't have to click on the image tag was what I needed to know. I was overcomplicating it. Duh! ;)
Lopo

Postby Roadweaver » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:37 pm

I just love the colors. Beautiful job
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Postby Redwahine » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Congrats!!! You are doing such a nice job making it yours. I like the colors :P
Redwahine

Postby TarheelBornGal » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:54 am

Lovely! The shower curtain idea is great, and actually, your color scheme is exactly what I want to do our (yet to be purchased) motorhome in. Would you mind saying where you found the shower curtain?

Thanks!
Emily
Emily
Still RV dreamin'...
TarheelBornGal

Postby Roadweaver » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:02 am

Love your colors. The curtain is such a great idea. Very, very nice
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Postby deezie » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:18 am

Hi there
I just love what you did in your rv. I love the curtain!!! I went to the site you said you got the things to hang them and I found them. I should be getting mine any day now and I will put something pretty hanging like you did. Love the dinette with the new table that folds up. The colors are just fabulous in your rv. Great job
deezie
deezie

Postby Lopo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks! And I found the shower curtain on amazon.com - where I buy everything (but now won't be able to do it without guilt about some of you being on your feet all day packing my purchases!) I think I'm going to be brave and paint those top cupboard doors all red instead of just the borders of them. It's not a big deal because I covered the mirrors with the cork adhesive and tried painting a piece of the cork and it painted beautifully. Ever since I found a blog by a couple of young people who restored a very old beat-up Winnebago to live in, I keep a photo of it on my Facebook page as inspiration. They used found furniture, and painted and just did such a great eclectic mix of stuff - very creative!

I haven't mentioned it, but I'm back home in Florida getting Dorothy repalred after I crunched the front of the cabover on an ATM roof and the roof won. The cabover split open and then the wind tore off some of the side (back to the little window) so I breathed a deep sigh and headed home where my repair guy is. Now it's raining this week so he doesn't want to open it up (meaning remove the entire roll of duct tape which is protecting it). Next week should be a drier week and he will get it done and I should be back on the road to someplace or other!
Lopo

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:45 pm

I was wondering where you've been. Now we know. OUCH!

As far a Amazon Guilt, the workers want the paycheck...quit buying and they'll be out of a job. :D
mitch5252

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Looking good.
Sorry about the booboo; those roofs seem to jump out at us. I barely missed one earlier this year while on FL trip.
Hope you are back on the road soon.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Olive600 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Lopo wrote:Thanks! And I found the shower curtain on amazon.com - where I buy everything (but now won't be able to do it without guilt about some of you being on your feet all day packing my purchases!) I think I'm going to be brave and paint those top cupboard doors all red instead of just the borders of them. It's not a big deal because I covered the mirrors with the cork adhesive and tried painting a piece of the cork and it painted beautifully. Ever since I found a blog by a couple of young people who restored a very old beat-up Winnebago to live in, I keep a photo of it on my Facebook page as inspiration. They used found furniture, and painted and just did such a great eclectic mix of stuff - very creative!

I haven't mentioned it, but I'm back home in Florida getting Dorothy repalred after I crunched the front of the cabover on an ATM roof and the roof won. The cabover split open and then the wind tore off some of the side (back to the little window) so I breathed a deep sigh and headed home where my repair guy is. Now it's raining this week so he doesn't want to open it up (meaning remove the entire roll of duct tape which is protecting it). Next week should be a drier week and he will get it done and I should be back on the road to someplace or other!

Lopo, can you send me the URL for the blog about renovating the Winnebago? I'm not on Facebook. Sounds like I better be sure that duct tape is in my tool box. Sorry about your run in with the ATM.

Nikki
Olive600

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs