Meet Dorothy

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Meet Dorothy

Postby Lopo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:36 pm

20' 1995 Coachmen Catalina

Dinette area becomes desk area I took the table out and found this metal computer desk in a thrift shop for $20, and spray-painted it because it was gray.
Thank heavens it fit through the door, and it gives me more room to slide in on the bench than the wide table did. The top is glass, and for now, it's got a piece of the adhesive cork on it. It doesn't stick to the glass well, but for now it's fine and keeps stuff from banging and also from sliding around on the table top.

]Image

View to rear with bed and bath. The bath area has accordian door if I want to close it, but it's just me so who cares.

Rebuilt cabover turned into storage (behind curtains when I close off cab, of course)
Last edited by Lopo on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lopo

Re: Meet Dorothy

Postby Lopo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Can anyone tell me why I got just the links to the photos on photo bucket and not the photos? (I have a Mac and things are just different enough that the directions never quite apply to me.)
Lopo

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Lois, I fixed the code on your images. Check out the difference(s) between yours and mine. You'll get the hang of it! I promise...

Lopo wrote:Image

20' 1995 Coachmen Catalina

Dinette area becomes desk area

View to rear with bed and bath (bath has accordian door if I want to close it)

Rebuilt cabover turned into storage (behind curtains when I close off cab, of course)
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Mitch still had some extra code in which I removed ... Do you want me to correct the code in your first post? You should try though ... :)

Love the look. There are similarities between yours and mine ... but yours looks so much cleaner and functional, lol ... I have a tendency to to throw things places and make a mess. My cabover is a disaster! Almost all the time. I have a sofa where you have a dinette. And mine has a real door to the bathroom. Oh and I have a very snotty dog laying in my back corner bed right now giving me "the look". I told her it was too early to go to bed (as I don't allow her on the bed until bed time and she sat and demanded to be allowed up. You can guess who won.

I love your bright curtain!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Lopo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Thanks, Beth and Mitch. I see that I have to remove the tags in my first attempt, but can it wait til tomorrow? Can it, huh, huh? :) G"night from a tired East Coaster. And Beth, I haven't actually lived in "Dorothy" yet so give me a chance. I can sling my stuff around with the best of 'em.
Lopo

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:02 pm

What code didn't work, Beth?
Curiosity killed the cat...
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm

mitch5252 wrote:What code didn't work, Beth?
Curiosity killed the cat...

Wasn't anything that didn't work - just was code showing in the post itself. I went in and edited it out. Like a closing tag left all by itself ... can't remember exactly and not important. So, why did I mention it, eh? Cuz I COULD.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 pm

looks cozy, I like the colors, very cheerful
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 am

Love the long curtain used to close off the cab area.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 am

Looks pretty and homey.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 am

Very very nice...love the colors you have used... wish that I was that bold!
Where did you get the rod to hang the long curtian...I have been looking and cant
find one to go across ....or did you use something else to hang it??
grammynmaggie

Postby Lopo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am

The rod was already there, and I had no idea where to find those little tiny sliding hooks for it, but naturally, I got the answer here as soon as I joined and ordered them from Camping World. :) The trick is that those wild curtains are actually shower curtains. (I had found a rod that would mount on the ceiling with the brackets hanging down instead of sticking out, but since this type was already there, I just got those big metal shower hooks that slipped through the holes on those little sliding thingies.) I was worried about shapes (mine) showing through the shower curtains so I've hung two more as liners. The curtains then decided my color scheme! I didn't want to bother recovering the cushions and changing the flooring yet, especially since the upholstery and carpet are all in pretty good shape, so I decided to dabble with the red-orange paint and then rather than paint the etched glass on those cupboards, just covered it with cork Contact paper. Since the wallpaper doesn't have a pattern, I decided to live with it for now and get myself on the road!
Lopo

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:01 pm

I never thought about replacing my curtains with one (right now have one across just the top area, then another for across the bottom). I love that I could get a shower curtain and change my look that way ... something to consider. Thanks for that very wonderful useful and inexpensive idea.
Beth
Bethers

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Very nice interior. I need some of those curtain thingies, thanks for mentioning where you bought them. Is your table completely fold-downable (yes, I make up my own words)? Can you move it out of the way. I love it. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I found the little pieces that fit into the curtain track that I have somewhere online. Needed to replace a few that were broken. I bet you can find the tracks too but I wouldn't know about attaching it to the ceiling. One of the spring loaded shower curtain rods might work. You could put the rod holders that they put in closets to keep it from falling.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs