Meet Dorothy

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Meet Dorothy

Postby Lopo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Just looking at this site again makes me laugh at how meager my little changes are. These kids are truly heroic to live in this while they did all of this to it. And to not get found out by the local cops really makes them heroes!! ;) For more on the dirty work, check out their other link at the top left of their blog header, but look at this first to be amazed! :) http://thewinnebagodiaries.blogspot.com ... llage.html

And there's a gal who is perhaps more like us who has done some nice updates to her Class C. Some of you may have seen it. I love the cabinet she put in it! http://bluejeansandflipflops.com/rv-ren ... motorhome/
Lopo

Postby Olive600 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Thank you! These sites are a huge inspiration. And don't fret about your "little changes." I'm thinking this work is always happening. Who knows what our rigs will look like a year from now? I fantasize about painting the outside with polka dots. :lol: Could happen!

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Lopo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Go for it, Nikki! :) The vintage trailers of Sisters on the Fly was my first inspiration, and I'm now working on my 3rd vintage trailer in the past 18 months (plus Dorothy). I don't think the 1964 Frolic is suitable for long road trips, but who knows, I might change my mind about that, too. :) I think my favorite Sisters on the Fly trailer is a little '72 Shasta Compact that a gal in Arkansas has painted to look like a brown trout. :)
Lopo

Postby Olive600 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:08 pm

I've seen their web sites. I love the trailers, but I don't think they're very practical for longterm living. There's another group...oh yeah, the glamping ladies. I love that stuff. OK. I'll learn to caulk and paint if it's the last thing I do! Polka dots can come later.
Olive600

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Is that a chalk board surface on your freezer door? Cool!

I just finished reading the "Glamping" book from the library. Very fun book! Lots of fun ideas and great photos!

on edit> Just checked out the two links. Some of those updates are not my style, but to each their own. But my main thought was how the new heavier furniture, bathroom sink/toilet, etc, would be adding to the weight of the RV. Definitely something one should keep in mind when remodeling.

Would be fun tho to put your own personal style into your new RV/trailer.
Last edited by BarbaraRose on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:49 pm

I agree with the practical comment. When you are actually traveling from place to place all the "stuff", books and candles no longer can be just left out looking artistic..... without ending up on the floor or?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Olive600 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:54 pm

I can see the headline now, "Lady and dog decapitated by flying chandelier and venetian-style mirror."
Olive600

Postby Lopo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:33 pm

LOL! I totally agree on all the "stuff." I wanted to keep it simple and just try for cheery. I had no idea if I would even like RV'ing, but I knew I like a very comfy bed and some simple food in the fridge.

Oh, and yeah, that's sort of a chalkboard on the freezer! I thought of using the chalkboard paint, but went cheap and easy with contact paper chalk board. Who knew?? Like most stuff, I saw it on amazon. It works great for jotting down what I need the second I think of it, before I forget. Then when I got to a grocery or Walmart, I edited it and made a list to take in with me.

I think the hardest part for me is the kitchen. No work space. I might rather have one burner and some more countertop.
Any ideas for food prep appreciated!

And thanks for the release from guilt, Mitch. Gotta sign onto Amazon.com now to create those jobs! :)
Lopo

Postby drsolo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:11 am

grammynmaggie wrote:Where did you get the rod to hang the long curtian...I have been looking and cant
find one to go across ....or did you use something else to hang it??

I used aluminum conduit which comes 10' long. Cut it to size to fit.
Ingrid, retired teacher, home base = Milwaukee, WI
1992 GMC conversion van (Big Bear)
http://weloveteaching.com/RV/RV.htm
drsolo

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs