Laminate flooring

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Laminate flooring

Postby Excel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Just had this done & am very satisfied with the installation....just thought I'd share the picture....
Last edited by Excel on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Excel

Re: Laminate flooring

Postby Excel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Don't know if this will go through.....having trouble w/ downloading pics on this site.....again ! It's a good pic.... :?
Excel

Postby Excel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Hope this one goes through.....I did not want flooring put in cab area nor in bathroom....anyway, this gives some of you an idea of how nice flooring can look..... 8-)
Excel

Postby VickieP » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Very nice, I think you'll really enjoy them.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby avalen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:41 pm

its looks great !
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 am

It looks wonderful.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:29 am

Really looks good. So much nicer than carpet.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Excel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments. However, I am very disturbed about the installation/product used. Have a dear friend who is going through some really tough times as her brother in law is hospitalized & not expected to make it...so for the past 2 weeks I've pretty much stayed close to home in case she wants some moral support as in my jumping on a plane & helping her deal with all the trauma....anyhow, didn't go to the RV place again after I went there to pick out the floor color.....When I went on Monday they were finished & it looked good, (couple of things I questioned) but all in all it was ok. They also installed the new flat screen TV that I had purchased & I was really upset with the installation & told the guy that it had to be corrected....so having that more on my mind I didn't think further about the floor right then. The guy put the left over flooring in the trunk of my car & not until yesterday did I go to remove it to store in my garage (in case I needed it in the future). So when I took it out I found out that it wasn't wood laminate at all, but a vinyl like material (not linoleum) but a thin strip with a separate thin strip of underlayment that I assume they installed first & then put the floor-like material on top of. I was livid....I had made it pretty darn clear that I wanted wood laminate, with trim strips, etc. and figured for the price I was paying that I'd have good quality stuff.....Called the company & told the rep I had been dealing with how upset I was and to have the owner call me....The problem with all this is that I store my RV in their indoor storage area.....it is only about 10 min. from my home. I also have them do all my maintenance work , and have been dealing with them for several years. I REALLY don't want Jim (owner) to get p.o.'d at me & tell me to take my RV out of there & find somewhere else to store it as not only would that be about double what I'm paying, but it would also be maybe 25 to 30 miles away. Yet I am so angry that they didn't install what I wanted that I can't just 'let it go'... I talked to a friend of mine in R.I. that also has a BF and he told me to calm down. He said if he were putting in flooring again, he'd put in what I have as it's much more durable. Says he has Cherrywood flooring and it dents so easily that they have to keep throw rugs all over it....So, I'm calmer, but not happy....as the Owner still hasn't called me, I'll just have to think this over & keep calm... Really wanted wood....
Excel

Postby monik7 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Excel wrote:Thanks for all the nice comments. However, I am very disturbed about the installation/product used. Have a dear friend who is going through some really tough times as her brother in law is hospitalized & not expected to make it...so for the past 2 weeks I've pretty much stayed close to home in case she wants some moral support as in my jumping on a plane & helping her deal with all the trauma....anyhow, didn't go to the RV place again after I went there to pick out the floor color.....When I went on Monday they were finished & it looked good, (couple of things I questioned) but all in all it was ok. They also installed the new flat screen TV that I had purchased & I was really upset with the installation & told the guy that it had to be corrected....so having that more on my mind I didn't think further about the floor right then. The guy put the left over flooring in the trunk of my car & not until yesterday did I go to remove it to store in my garage (in case I needed it in the future). So when I took it out I found out that it wasn't wood laminate at all, but a vinyl like material (not linoleum) but a thin strip with a separate thin strip of underlayment that I assume they installed first & then put the floor-like material on top of. I was livid....I had made it pretty darn clear that I wanted wood laminate, with trim strips, etc. and figured for the price I was paying that I'd have good quality stuff.....Called the company & told the rep I had been dealing with how upset I was and to have the owner call me....The problem with all this is that I store my RV in their indoor storage area.....it is only about 10 min. from my home. I also have them do all my maintenance work , and have been dealing with them for several years. I REALLY don't want Jim (owner) to get p.o.'d at me & tell me to take my RV out of there & find somewhere else to store it as not only would that be about double what I'm paying, but it would also be maybe 25 to 30 miles away. Yet I am so angry that they didn't install what I wanted that I can't just 'let it go'... I talked to a friend of mine in R.I. that also has a BF and he told me to calm down. He said if he were putting in flooring again, he'd put in what I have as it's much more durable. Says he has Cherrywood flooring and it dents so easily that they have to keep throw rugs all over it....So, I'm calmer, but not happy....as the Owner still hasn't called me, I'll just have to think this over & keep calm... Really wanted wood....

So sorry you've got this problem. I really don't know what's best. I do know that I have African rosewood floors in my house and it's easily dented. I dropped a glass spice bottle and the lid made a dent in the floor. I worry sometimes when my grandkids are over that they might do something to harm it. Thankfully they're gradually getting a little older and I'm worrying less. I guess take a deep breath and find out more about what they actually put in then compare it with what you wanted. Hopefully you'll be able to decide which is best and how to handle it if you want it changed. It does look really nice in the pics.
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm

I like Sandi's response. I don't know about RV flooring but I have followed discussions on the English Cocker Forum about the success and failure of different flooring products to hold up to multiple dogs.......What I have learned is that some product hold up better to tough traffic than others. I would give the owner a chance to give a rational reason. If you don't agree with or there isn't a decent reason...then you get to decide what sort of stand you want to make.... :?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Lopo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:57 pm

I have been holding off replacing the carpet in mine (older) until I figure out this wood floor thing and now I understand why. I didn't realize that Home Depot's "engineered hardwood" isn't wood at all, but is, well, engineered which I guess means manufactured. My BF said she found out that she couldn't even buy actual wood flooring in Florida. I suspect since you're such a good customer they'll want to please you. It'll be interesting to see what his explanation is. In the meantime, it's absolutely gorgeous, so there's that... :)
Lopo

Postby Excel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Appreciate your responses...have calmed down finally, after talking to several people and the Owner did return my call today. Thankfully I was able to express my disappointment, etc., without getting angry or nasty and in turn did not 'burn any bridges' with Jim (owner). He was very understanding & promised to look into the situation & get back to me. I did stress that I really didn't think taking out what they installed was an option. I've been told by many that I am far better off with this product than laminated wood flooring as there are many problems (weight & dents being the most important) with that kind of flooring....so we'll see....thanks again for support given...I was sooooo stressed about this but have looked at the bright side now....easy upkeep, beauty and of course having that germ & dirt laden carpet gone....even having it professionally cleaned didn't make me feel better even though it was in great condition, but now I won't have to worry about it....It'll be so easy to keep clean....I kind of think maybe I over reacted.... :o Could be...... :D
Excel

Return to Show off your Rigs