Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:54 pm

been following along with great interest --- just checking back for photos.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Olive600 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:46 pm

A week from Monday. I have an appointment with a friend to finish it up.
Olive600

Postby Travelinana » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:56 am

I enjoyed reading about the project and was in awe of your talent and motivation....it really turned out nice and this will make your upcoming travel even more exciting. I'm not about to start a project but I just recently took out my sliding door on my shower in my home and replaced with the curved rod and shower curtain. I still have a little of the silicone to remove, so I will try the method that worked for you. I was well into the project and realized I didn't have a plastic scraper so I used an old credit card, not as good but not a bad substitute.
Happy Travels....hope we meet out there someday....
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Olive600 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Finally, all the painting is finished, all the doors and drawers are back in place. There's touch up to be done, and a little sewing. Very little sewing. I'm not nearly as gung ho as I was at the beginning of this project. Today I painted the first of the roller blinds. I decided against stenciling and went stripes. Much faster and cheaper and easier. Learned a lot. It isn't perfect, but it sure is good enough. Now I have to cut the blind to length, put it back on the roller and hang it. Then I'll put up curtains, find a throw for the couch and a couple rugs. And a shower curtain. There will be no fitted slipcovers this time 'round. So some little stuff, but the big stuff is done. I'll post pictures of the finished product the coming week.

Here's a picture of the blind while it's drying on my kitchen table.

Olive600

Postby VickieP » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Lookin' good Nikki! I can't wait to see it all completed so you can relax & enjoy your hard work.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs