Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 pm

great paint job I can't wait to see it in person you picked colors
you will be at a gtg before you know it keep up the good work
grammynmaggie

Postby Olive600 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:31 am

grammynmaggie wrote:great paint job I can't wait to see it in person you picked colors
you will be at a gtg before you know it keep up the good work

Thank you. I'm so looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I should say that the paint job looks a lot better in pics than in life. This is the first time I've painted anything bigger than a small chair, so lots of drips and brush marks and stuff like that. Doesn't matter. The more I look at it the prouder I am. I can do stuff! Yay me! Next I'm going to sew. I don't sew. :lol: Only a few more weeks, I hope.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 pm

OMG, sewing? I don't sew either. I cringe just thinking of it. Have thrown things out because a button came off. Bad me. Good luck!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Olive600 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Bethers wrote:OMG, sewing? I don't sew either. I cringe just thinking of it. Have thrown things out because a button came off. Bad me. Good luck!

:lol: Me, too. I know it's nuts, but we'll see how it goes. What a hoot this is gonna be.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Bethers wrote:...Have thrown things out because a button came off.

LOLOL! I can even screw up a hem with that iron on, melty white stuff!

For a set of "curtains" in the MM, I used two hand towels and an adjustable curtain rod.
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:17 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
Bethers wrote:...Have thrown things out because a button came off.

LOLOL! I can even screw up a hem with that iron on, melty white stuff!

For a set of "curtains" in the MM, I used two hand towels and an adjustable curtain rod.

That's my kind of sewing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby judi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:45 am

I remember many years ago when I was in college I had a date with a guy I was crazy about, and I had a brand new skirt. I really wanted to wear that skirt but it was a little too long - it was the 60s, we wore mini-skirts. I laid it on the bed in my dorm room and hemmed it. I went to put my clothed on and alas, I had sewn my new skirt to the bedspread.
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:06 am

Oh, Judi, that would have been me! Thanks for sharing!
Beth
Bethers

Postby Olive600 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 am

:lol: Judi, your story really brings back memories. I frequently sewed one thing to another thing, sometimes to other parts of the same thing. My favorite hemming material was double sided tape. What a mess that was! I can't even talk about buttons. I end up with a knotted mess the size of a golf ball. (Slight exaggeration.) :lol: My mother was a very talented seamstress and made all my school clothes for years. After many tries, she finally refused to give me any more sewing lessons and pretty much told me to give it up. Sewing just wasn't my thing. I'll show her! I'm gonna sew four straight lines and make a curtain! :evil: Mom, if you're watching, eat your words!
Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 am

Olive600 wrote:...Mom, if you're watching, eat your words!

I think I would have waited until the curtains were done before I said that.
Now you know you HAVE TO show us a pic of your project...
mitch5252

Postby Olive600 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:07 am

My very clever, very funny, entirely brilliant reply went *poof*, and I'm so disappointed that I haven't the strength to produce another of the same caliber. :roll:

Yes, dearest Mitch, lots and lots of pics, but first Betsy out of shop and painting finished, and then fabrics chosen and sewing machine figured out. Yeah, I shoulda kept my big mouth shut. :lol:
Olive600

Postby BayouLady » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Floor looks great ! I guess campers get like a house, always something to change lol
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby TarheelBornGal » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm late to this thread but just read it from start to finish and looked at all the photos. Nikki, I LOVE the work you did and especially the paint/color scheme! Very nice job and just the kind of colors/look I like.

We are slowly progressing towards most likely purchasing our first RV next spring. Still looking and researching and dreaming. Although we'll probably end up with a new or nearly new unit, part of me wants to buy an older one so that I can have fun renovating and redecorating! I wouldn't dare paint cabinets or redo much at all in a brand new pricey motorhome, but in an old one, I surely would. :D

Anyway, very good job -- kudos to you! Hope you'll continue to post if you make further mods!

Emily
Emily
Still RV dreamin'...
TarheelBornGal

Postby Olive600 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Emily, it's so good to see you back here. I should have pics of the finished product soon. All the big jobs are done. I got the work on the engine done last week and a new-to-me fender today. So now I just have to finish up painting the box that will go over the heating vent and wiring, put up the window coverings, and put all the cabinet doors back in. There's more of course, but nothing big. So gals, pics soon!

Nikki
Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:30 pm

YAY - we finally get pictures!
Can't wait!!

mitch5252

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs