Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Altho I eventually sold my Class C on Craig's List I had to wade through many scammers. Actually, the church idea is great. One of the ladies here in the park got some plumbing help through her church from a retired plummer.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Olive600 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks, Karen. Something to think about. I've decided to put one of the couches back in. I'll use that as a bed. I'll find something to cover the mystery box on the other side, where I'll leave the couch out for more floor room. Good news is that the guy who is storing my couches for me is fine with keeping them for as long as it takes.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:59 pm

I've had this lithograph in the closet for 20 years. The artist gave it to me in 1993. It's covered with plexiglass, so not heavy at all. I'll use it as my inspiration piece for fabric and hang it on the damaged wall in the bathroom. It's the perfect size. Any thoughts?

Olive600

Postby monik7 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Olive600 wrote:I've had this lithograph in the closet for 20 years. The artist gave it to me in 1993. It's covered with plexiglass, so not heavy at all. I'll use it as my inspiration piece for fabric and hang it on the damaged wall in the bathroom. It's the perfect size. Any thoughts?

I think it's fabulous. I'd love to have that. You should be able to pick up a number of those colors in your decorating.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Olive600 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:24 am

monik7 wrote:
Olive600 wrote:I've had this lithograph in the closet for 20 years. The artist gave it to me in 1993. It's covered with plexiglass, so not heavy at all. I'll use it as my inspiration piece for fabric and hang it on the damaged wall in the bathroom. It's the perfect size. Any thoughts?

I think it's fabulous. I'd love to have that. You should be able to pick up a number of those colors in your decorating.
Sandi

Thanks, Sandi. I'm glad I remembered it was there. It's less humid this week, so I've started painting again. I also took the paint I was having trouble with back to Sherwin Williams. They added an extender to it and now it's thinner and easier to apply. Feeling better about the whole thang.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Here are the latest pics. Painting almost finished. I left some of the wood unpainted to balance the brown plastic edging that I didn't want to try to paint and the brown in the floor.

1. Looking into the coach from the steps. Beige wall, white lower cabinets, blue bathroom door.

2. Bathroom door open. Blue cabinet, beige wall, new quartz countertop

3. Kitchen cabinets, white below and oak above

4. First set of white overhead cabinets. Closet and fridge trim is oak.

Olive600

Postby Sandersmr » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Looking really good! Love the color combination!
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 pm

That looks wonderful! You're a good painter.
mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:05 pm

The color really does well in making the space look brighter. Nice job.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 pm

You're very talented. Looking GOOD.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby VickieP » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Um, WOW! :shock: That about sums it up! :D
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Olive600 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I'm really looking forward to having the work done and getting on the road. Not much longer, now. I hope.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Boggles my mind all the wonderful work you have done on this! I am in awe!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Olive600 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks, Sue. I love the praise, but it's just paint. Mitch is messing with electrical charging power stuff! Now that's impressive. I'm just gonna pray I don't have a power charger thingy and if I do I never meet it face to face. Betsy is in the shop getting the latest leak fixed and the fantastic fan put in. It's nice to get a rest from feeling like I need to be working on her. I hope they keep her for awhile. Sure do wish I could make it to your GTG. I enjoy bluegrass.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Just heard from my RV guy and Betsy is good to go. Turns out that the fender I need to replace is no longer manufactured and the new ones are expensive, so he'll try to pretty up the crack if he can. But it's cosmetic so no biggie. Duck Tape! He fixed the leak for free! I think he feels bad that he missed whatever it was the first time around. (I'm not sure it was even there to find.) I expected to pay for the repair and am just blown away by his generosity. The Fantastic Fan is in along with the one couch. I can't recommend this guy too highly. It's Keith Whitaker RV on I-35 in New Braunfels, TX. Terry Nabours owns and manages it now,Keith works for him, and both of them are honest professionals. They also stored both couches for me while I paint. They take time to answer questions and explain. I'm a huge fan. Guess I'll pick her up day after tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be baking thank you treats. Sure hope they like cookies and brownies.
Olive600

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs