Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Postby Olive600 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Got the estimate for fixing the floor and the leak, putting in new flooring and a sleeping platform. It's not as expensive as I thought it would be. That's good news. I plan to put in a laminate floor that looks like wood. Does anyone have experience with doing that? I'll paint all the cabinets, and make matching window treatments, slipcovers and cushions, and privacy curtain. She should be beautiful when all the work is done. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks for all the help so far.

Nikki
Olive600

Re: Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Glad its not as expensive as it might have been. Go to the "Rigs" thread - several people have put in actual laminate. I had my carpet replaced with vinyl but would now use the vinyl "planks". She's gonna be really pretty. We'll have to go for another miniGTG when she's finished.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Olive600 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Karen. I found what I needed in the rigs forum. Yes, we'll meet again when I get back in town, about mid May.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby cpatinjones » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Looking forward to seeing the final makeover.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:15 am

Nikki, please don't forget before and after pictures...you know we love those!

Glad it's cheaper than you thought.

mitch5252

Postby Excel » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 pm

I just had the wood laminate installed & a new flat screen TV to replace the older, heavier model that was in my entertainment center. Love it all....and now it will be so much easier to keep clean...especially with my dog....she doesn't shed but can't help bringing in a little dirt when parked....You'll love it.....
Excel

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:36 am

Have never been able to figure out what genius decided to put carpet in something you intend to go "camping" in. What part of kids tracking in dirt, pets tracking in dirt and everyone else tracking in dirt and grass and mud and stickers didn't they understand???? My Class C also had a carpet like material on the ceilings?????? REALLY? Don't these people cook bacon in their rigs? We need more women designers!!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Olive600 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 pm

I didn't get before pics. Think factory ugly with a torn up floor. I've decided to do the work, and have it done, in stages. Floor will be repaired and replaced while I'm out of town. (I'm in airport now.) Repairs on water heater, new house battery, and other odds and ends. I'll paint cabinets and wallboard next Texas summer heat might affect timing. Pics coming. I promise. I'll see Betsy around May 7
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 am

Betsy has a new floor. It's vinyl laminate, sort of looks like wood. The color is a little too yellow for the cabinets, but I plan on painting them. There's a lot of junk around because I haven't cleaned it up, yet. So now all the rot is gone and the floor is safe. I had some other odds and ends done, too. Now I need to paint the cabinets and the wall board, recover the window valances, slipcover the couches, and put down a new runner to cover the holes in the floor where the table sets up. But first I need to recover from vacation. Came home with a bronchial bug and all I want to do is sleep. Here are a couple pics of the new floor. I don't have before pics. Think factory carpet and dark vinyl. I have resized these photos in photbucket, but they still show up large here. Don't know why.

Nikki

Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:56 am

So far, so good. The floor looks wonderful!

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Wed May 08, 2013 12:09 pm

That looks super.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Excel » Wed May 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Wow !! The floor looks great !! Know you'll enjoy it....
Excel

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:09 pm

thanks, everybody. Did someone resize the photos? If so, what am I doing wrong?
Nikki
Olive600

Postby VickieP » Wed May 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Looks really great!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Olive600 wrote:thanks, everybody. Did someone resize the photos? If so, what am I doing wrong?
Nikki

I didn't resize them, but for me - the size is perfect (bordering on a tad too small).
So, are they tiny to you or too big in your browser?

mitch5252

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs