Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:33 pm

The end pieces are off the cabinets above the couches. Yahoo!I wanted to take the end pieces off, but I couldn't see how they were attached. So I was just stripping off the cloth and hoping I could figure out how to make them at least less ugly. My neighbor genius handyman guy came over, took the insides of the cabinets apart and found the screws. Voila! No end caps. He's going to cut and attach wood end pieces that I can paint when I paint the whole cabinet. Of course he'll put the insides back in place. Where the end pieces were, there are now holes. During all this, we found a nail going through the cable to the TV/cable hookup that's on the bottom side of the cabinet. Why am I not surprised?

Mitch and Tina, here are new pictures. :D

Olive600

Postby Bethers » Wed May 22, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm not sure if this is the one Tina got - but is the best priced one I saw on Amazon and the first reviewer talks about having to modify the size for their rv and that it was easy.

http://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson ... shower+rod
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Yes, I probably could have modified it to fit better...but I was so proud that I took the old one out and put the new one in without help. I think the modifying part may have been over the top for me at the time. The electric drill was scary enough. I was always wondering if there was some unknown something waiting for me to puncture it right behind the thin layer of whatever..... :shock:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JudyJB » Thu May 23, 2013 1:49 pm

When you get to the spray painting step, make sure you have a vent on and maybe even a fan going. That stuff has horrible fumes, which is not good for such a small, enclosed space.

I am enjoying your project. Guess you have more guts than I do when it comes to tearing stuff apart!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Olive600 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm

JudyJB wrote:When you get to the spray painting step, make sure you have a vent on and maybe even a fan going. That stuff has horrible fumes, which is not good for such a small, enclosed space.

I am enjoying your project. Guess you have more guts than I do when it comes to tearing stuff apart!

Thanks Judy. I think I'll leave any spray painting for cooler weather. Even then I'll wear breathing gear. I'm pretty proud of myself for doing this. I've hardly hammered a nail before. I'm not exaggerating. It's a thrill to know I can do stuff like this. I also have lots of real good help and advice.
Olive600

Postby retiredhappy » Thu May 23, 2013 7:27 pm

You go girl!!! You are woman - you can do anything.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby bluepinecones » Thu May 23, 2013 8:44 pm

I too am following you project with great interest.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Olive600 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:Yes, I probably could have modified it to fit better...but I was so proud that I took the old one out and put the new one in without help. I think the modifying part may have been over the top for me at the time. The electric drill was scary enough. I was always wondering if there was some unknown something waiting for me to puncture it right behind the thin layer of whatever..... :shock:

Drills are very very scary. But what a thrill when the screw actually goes in...or out. :D
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 pm

bluepinecones wrote:I too am following you project with great interest.

Thank you. It really helps to have so much support.
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:12 pm

retiredhappy wrote:You go girl!!! You are woman - you can do anything.

ROAR! :lol:
Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am

Olive600 wrote:
BirdbyBird wrote:...But what a thrill when the screw actually goes in...or out. :D

Or clear through the wall to the outside of the trailer...
I know this particular "thrill" first hand.
mitch5252

Postby Olive600 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:37 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
Olive600 wrote:
BirdbyBird wrote:...But what a thrill when the screw actually goes in...or out. :D

Or clear through the wall to the outside of the trailer...
I know this particular "thrill" first hand.

That's terrible but it's also funny. Wait while I hide and laugh. OK, I'm straight faced, again. Now what was I going to say? Oh yeah! First a shower and then off to the store to look at fabric. My favorite color is blue.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:37 pm

These are the paint colors I chose. They're Sherwin Willians
Notable Hue - Lighter Blue
Sporty Blue - Darker Blue
White Duck - White
Dhurrie Beige - Beige- Most of the walls

The beige looks too purpley (is that a word?) in the pic. It's much more sand colored.
The blue aren't as bright
The white is greyed

Hmmm...the picture doesn't look much like the real colors. If you're curious, I guess you can look them up on the Sherwin Williams site. Who know what they'll look like there. Life keeps interrupting, so I'll be at this for a while.

A very subdued palette. I've never painted before, so we'll see what happens. I'm almost finished with the bathroom. My neighbor's FiL made me a new countertop for the bathroom vanity. It's the perfect color. Lucky, lucky me.

Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:52 pm

I just got my new shower head/hose today...simple installation
(well, I don't know if it works yet - no water in the rig. Just picked it up today from getting new leaf axles, et. al.)

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Tue May 28, 2013 4:38 pm

That shower head was one of my best purchases. I love it. I learned about it very early on ... someone I talked to bought it at the show at Quartzsite and I had to laugh because I paid less from Camping World at the time! Now you can find them everywhere, and it seems they are making them fancier!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs