No new rig today.

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: No new rig today.

Postby Redetotry » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Welcome and congratulations! I now have a namesake, my real name is Betsy :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby VickieP » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Very nice, congrats! Can we see pics of the inside?
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Olive600 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:11 pm

VickieP wrote:Very nice, congrats! Can we see pics of the inside?

I'll post pics of the inside as soon as I get her cleaned up a bit. The girl's got some wear on her. The walk through taught me that everything is doable and pretty logical, so I should be OK on my own. I remember a lot, but not everything. The whole video, picture, recording idea got lost after about a minute. Still, I feel very good about the process. There is a generator problem of some kind. It wouldn't start even though the dealership guy said they tested it and it was fine. It would catch for a moment and then die. I want to have as much info as possible before I take it to a shop. Any suggestions? She's a dream to drive, and I'm comfortable with up to 65mph. I plan to stay between 55 and 60. We'll see how that works. ;) I'm still very excited, also relieved. The big/little girl is home and all's well with the world. :D

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Redetotry wrote:Welcome and congratulations! I now have a namesake, my real name is Betsy :)

There are never too many Betsies. I plan to have her name lettered on her rear end. Maybe you need a tatoo? ;)
Olive600

Postby OutandAbout » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Congrats on the new to you rig. Many happy miles to you and Olive and Nicki. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Olive600 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:59 pm

OutandAbout wrote:Congrats on the new to you rig. Many happy miles to you and Olive and Nicki. Linda

Thanks for all the well wishes. Easy to see how the name thing could get confusing. Nikki is the human behind the wheel. Olive is the black, furry co-pilot and chief tail wagger, Betsy is the rig. Rig... Will I ever get used to saying that?
Olive600

Postby bikerchic777 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm excited for you! The generator will die if there's not enough gas in your tank. This has happened to me when I thought I would wait until morning to get gas. Thought I had enough, but there is a safety feature so you won't run out of gas and not be able to drive to a gas station. Not sure if that is what it is, but a thought. There is also a breaker switch on the generator that I have tripped when I tried to run too much at once. If it's neither, it may need service. Reminds me...I need to run mine! I try to do that once a month, while parked, to keep it working. I know people who never use theirs, then when they do need it, it won't work.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Olive600 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:12 pm

bikerchic777 wrote:I'm excited for you! The generator will die if there's not enough gas in your tank. This has happened to me when I thought I would wait until morning to get gas. Thought I had enough, but there is a safety feature so you won't run out of gas and not be able to drive to a gas station. Not sure if that is what it is, but a thought. There is also a breaker switch on the generator that I have tripped when I tried to run too much at once. If it's neither, it may need service. Reminds me...I need to run mine! I try to do that once a month, while parked, to keep it working. I know people who never use theirs, then when they do need it, it won't work.

I thought I posted somewhere that I tried again later in the day and it started right up. My only thought is that it was unusually cold the night before, below freezing, and maybe that had something to do with it. But I'm just making that up. When in doubt blame the weather...right? ;)

Nikki
Olive600

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I have a theory that generators will run in reverse proportion to how much you need it. The more you need it the less likely it is going to run. If you are in Dallas in August and it's 110 degrees and your dash air goes out the generator is not going to start so you can run the coach air conditioner. If you have a hurricane and you need to run the generator to run your house freezer so you don't lose all the frozen food the generator is not going to run. :roll:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Olive600 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:13 pm

I'll keep that in mind the next time it won't start. You can say, "I told you...". :lol:
Olive600

lovin the new rig!

Postby JanetA » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 pm

LOVE IT! where's the inside pics????
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Re: lovin the new rig!

Postby Olive600 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:15 am

JanetA wrote:LOVE IT! where's the inside pics????

I'll put up the inside pics when I've finished cleaning and done a little decorating.
Olive600

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs