My Unnamed Rig

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

My Unnamed Rig

Postby Aokay » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm

I finally got my rig last week and have now joined the ranks of all of you other RVers here in this forum. I will be open to a lot of advice and encouragement but so far, so good. This is my first experience with one of these things and a few times I have asked myself, "Just what are you thinking?" I have to say, however, although it is one HUGE learning experience, it makes me feel so excited to be embarking on this journey.... which will introduce me to exciting adventures and endless opportunities to see places I would not see otherwise. I have not used Photobucket before so hopefully my rig will show up. It is a 31' 8.5" Fleetwood Tioga Ranger. I wanted to make sure I could find it in the park when I came home so I chose a color. (I cannot tell you how many times I have wandered around a mall parking garage looking for my car when I didn't pay attention to where I parked it. They all started looking alike). :D I didn't want this to happen with my RV.

I need to name it ....but waiting for something to inspire me. I hope I followed the instructions right for posting and you will be able to see it!

http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 9339653855
Aokay

Re: My Unnamed Rig

Postby VickieP » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Wow, that's beautiful! Love the color & can't wait to see the inside. Congratulations
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby sharon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Just don't park next to Joan, you'll have a problem!! :lol: Sure is pretty, tho! Where are you located? Keep an eye out, it's getting close for the women to be on the move and looking for friends to hook up with for sightseeing!!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby VickieP » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 pm

If you copy the IMG code it will post the pic you want directly here when you paste.
VickieP

VickieP

Postby Dawn309 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 pm

It is absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait to see pictures of the inside and what you decide to name her.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby Redwahine » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Congratulations. Sure is pretty. Don't think you'll loose it in a parking lot :lol: :lol:
Redwahine

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 am

Its a beauty and welcome to the group. I'm located in Kerrville, TX. Are you planning to tow a car for sightseeing? If you have any questions, ask away. Lots of accumulated knowledge here.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Redetotry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 am

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the group! Yes, lots to learn but there will always be someone here with an answer to your questions, may be a lot of other advice thrown in but hey it's free! So happy for you. I don't think you'll have to worry about not finding it!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

its gorgeous, now I want to see the inside :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Aokay » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 pm

OK...obviously I do not know how to use Photobucket. I only know how to upload from my photos on my computer. Where do I find the img code? I guess I wrongly put the whole url code in and that's not it. I'll keep trying. And yes, I would love to show off the inside as well. It is so much fun decorating one of these.

Karen, I am not brave enough yet to tow a car so I found a good deal with Enterprise. On the weekends, I can rent for $9.99 per day so I get the car on Friday and return it on Monday. I am learning to do all my shopping on those days. The good thing about Enterprise is they pick me up and bring me home which makes it very easy and you can't beat $30.00 for 3 day rental. I also have a daughter close by if I need transportation. I will have another daughter in Oregon when I arrive there but I am trying to be very independent and not infringe on their time. I will probably eventually pick up a used car in Oregon. Can't imagine towing one though. I am just getting used to the length of the rig itself....can't imagine adding more length. Also, Karen, I may get to Kerrville at one point as I used to live in San Antonio so I have a lot of friends there and also in Boerne. They of course think I have lost my mind...giving up my house and pretty much all of my possessions and doing the full time RV thing. I guess no one understands it until they do it, right?

Thanks again, everyone, for your support and input.

Judy
Aokay

Postby VickieP » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Aokay wrote:OK...obviously I do not know how to use Photobucket. I only know how to upload from my photos on my computer. Where do I find the img code? I guess I wrongly put the whole url code in and that's not it. I'll keep trying. And yes, I would love to show off the inside as well. It is so much fun decorating one of these.

Judy

Just click on your link in your first post to take you to PhotoBucket. On the right side you will see a place that says "Image Links", by clicking on that it opens other links, go to the one that says "IMG CODE". Move your mouse on the actual code and click on it, that will copy it. Come back here and paste it in your comment box. Check the Preview button on the bottom to make sure your pic is showing up and if everything is alright, Submit.

Now...where's those inside pics? :D
VickieP

VickieP

Postby chalet05 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Very nice! Hmmm, maybe I am going to be the only one on here who doesn't have a name for my rig - unless you count 'the camper' or 'the rig'. :D

Since I have the truck camper now, I have decided to rent a car when in some places for awhile. I don't want to tow nor the extra expense of a vehicle. Good to hear the deal you are getting from Enterprise!
Anita
chalet05

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Wonderful new rig...!!! I am new to this life also
and was a nervous wreck...not as bad now that
I have a couple GTG under my belt...you will do
great and have a fun life with your unnamed rig!
donna (aka grammynmaggie) ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby Sandersmr » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Pretty rig! I'm a little south of you (for now since you are talking about going to Oregon). And I pull a trailer. But if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby monik7 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:44 pm

chalet05 wrote:Very nice! Hmmm, maybe I am going to be the only one on here who doesn't have a name for my rig - unless you count 'the camper' or 'the rig'. :D

Since I have the truck camper now, I have decided to rent a car when in some places for awhile. I don't want to tow nor the extra expense of a vehicle. Good to hear the deal you are getting from Enterprise!

Hey Anita, you sound like me. My "rig" doesn't have a name either. I'd love to tow but can't afford another car :( .
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs