camping with wheels! (updated)

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: camping with wheels!

Postby WickedLady » Sun May 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Have you checked all Jeep fuses? Any corrosion in the connection to trailer? Hope it is something simple.
WickedLady

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:06 am

YEE HAWWWW!!!!! It is so about time! I'm so excited :D :D :D ROAD TRIP! Maybe when I get to IA, you can come down and we can spend some time out at Saylorville, together, and reminisce 8-)
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon May 25, 2015 8:14 am

My brother checked the fuses and those are good and he cleaned out the connections. He knows a lot about electrical stuff and has all the tools and gizmos needed to test that kind of thing. He would need to get back behind the lights and follow the wires back there to see what the problem is and he didn't have time to do that.

Linda, if you can give me two weeks notice on when you will be there, I can get time off from work to go down there. That would be fun! I will be half-way there when I go on my camping trip in a week and a half. Gonna be right on the MN/IA border.

Looks like I will be picking her (yet to be named) up on Tuesday evening! Then Wednesday morning I will take her in for tires and get the title transferred. After that I will have a whole week to get her ready to roll!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby gingerK » Mon May 25, 2015 9:26 am

How far into Iowa will you gals be? I might be able to join you for a quick gtg.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Colliemom » Mon May 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Barb, love it! And I like the plaid too. I know you will enjoy it as my parents and I owned one and had fun with it.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon May 25, 2015 6:56 pm

I will just be at the MN/IA border on the MN side, south of Rochester.

I went shopping this morning at a huge thrift store that had everything 50% off today. Picked up some material for the camper makeover...

The printed material is for the valance that goes all around the top of the camper and the back cushions for the dinette. The solid teal material (sheets) will be curtains all around and the seat cushions. Will have to line the curtains that go against the outside windows for privacy. Should be bright and colorful in there once it is done! Even rainy days won't seem so dreary inside there!

(the teal in the photo looks on the bluer side but it is actually more of a greenish teal.)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby RitaMc » Mon May 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Those colors will make the interior so bright and cheery. Love it.
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:56 pm

gingerK wrote:How far into Iowa will you gals be? I might be able to join you for a quick gtg.

We would be at Saylorville Lake, on the NE side of Des Moines. We'll plan something.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby monik7 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:20 am

Congrats!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: camping with wheels! (update)

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue May 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Just got home with MY camper! Yay!!

I was determined to pick it up tonight even with the bad weather. It was pouring rain almost all the way to Rita's, but it stopped just a mile or so before I got there and then didn't rain again the whole time I was there. Got to see how to close the camper up and get it all hitched. Had some issues with the hitch ball mount. The drop on it was too low so we reversed it and it was good then, but had to remove my spare tire in order to hitch up the camper to it. So will need to return the hitch and get a straight one with no drop.

Now the fun begins!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue May 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Nice!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby RitaMc » Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 pm

Your Jeep and Taos were meant for each other! Hope you have as many enjoyable trips with it as we did. Call with any questions you have about set up or take down. You have my cell number.
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby snowball » Tue May 26, 2015 10:11 pm

we used to have a pop up beats laying in a tent and having it rain on you~ :evil:
you will enjoy it so much have fun
sheila
snowball

Re: camping with wheels! (updated)

Postby TheCakeLady » Wed May 27, 2015 5:48 am

Now that it's home, it's officially time for some cake :D

TheCakeLady

Re: camping with wheels! (updated)

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed May 27, 2015 7:16 am

Cute cake Cakelady! Save a piece for your first trip - or heck just bring wine Barbie! Have fun decorating and planning your getaways.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs