Storage bay - what a difference

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Storage bay - what a difference

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:52 pm

No where near as nice as Sue's or what Liz did to hers but I finally got Magic's one and only storage bay reorganized. Ashamed to admit it but think this is the first time in the two years I've had her that the bay was completely emptied out and redone. Some how over time, things just got tossed in haphazardly.
Before
a little rework before I decided to go get some plastic bins
and the finished job (at least for now)
Not sure everything will stay put rolling down the road and do not want extra rattling noises to scar Nicky so may have to add padding of some sort. I like idea Sue had for using swim noodles - hope I can still find some now that out of season.
I'd like something like Liz did for holding broom, brush and my grabber stick but since I don't know where any of the wiring/plumbing elements are located, am hesitant to make any holes with screws.
The rolling walker is still the biggest problem child in storage. While I rarely need it any more for walking, I have used it frequently in bath house where no shelves for soap/shampoo, etc as well as place to sit while dressing. It also comes in handy for trips to laundry as I cannot carry anything heavy and walk.
Anyway, I was quite pleased with the results. If anyone has suggestions for taking better advantage of the height, I would welcome them. Plenty of unused volume there; seems a shame to waste it.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Storage bay - what a difference

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Maybe wire/metal shelving with legs?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:21 am

Sarah, I have one of those big compartments now also. I wish it was two compartments or had a shelf in the middle, also. And I don't have anyone to do that, so try to put everything in so that it all holds everything else in place. You did good.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:27 am

It looks great Sarah!... you did a good job
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:22 am

You did a good job !!! I've seen the before, this is great. I may need to borrow your walker, I'm having problems carrying laundry any distant too, my back doesn't seem to be getting better at all.

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:32 am

you did good
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Redetotry » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Good job, you also inspired me. Now, if I can just get my one tiny storage bin to open. It is so madding, I can't open it and when she goes to the RV shop for other things I mention it, of course it pops right open for them :? Best I can figures is my hose gets in the way of the latch that swivels and then bounces out of the way when I drive.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Liz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Well done, Sarah!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby TxJohnnie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Spring tension rods would work to keep things in place and make dividers. Just adjust them vertically in the space and place storage upright between them. Does this make sense? I have them in my kitchen cupboard to stand up trays, etc. small, rubber tip adjustable ones.
Life's too mysterious..don't take it serious.

Johnnie
TxJohnnie

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:29 pm

TxJohnnie wrote:Spring tension rods would work to keep things in place and make dividers. Just adjust them vertically in the space and place storage upright between them. Does this make sense? I have them in my kitchen cupboard to stand up trays, etc. small, rubber tip adjustable ones.

I'm going to look into getting some tension rods for mine - great idea, thank you. The major problem is that they'd fall down when I open the compartment door - as some would have to be against it. Hmmm, will be thinking on this.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:19 am

The tension rods do sound like a good idea.
Before my KS trip I bought some cheap, thin foam squares (like for making chair cushions) and swim noodles. Put the foam squares under the file boxes and noodles on chair frames. This muffled sound and bungy cords kept the chairs from bouncing around. Was very pleased at how well everything stayed in place and that things stayed quite in there.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 am

Bethers wrote:
TxJohnnie wrote:Spring tension rods would work to keep things in place and make dividers. Just adjust them vertically in the space and place storage upright between them. Does this make sense? I have them in my kitchen cupboard to stand up trays, etc. small, rubber tip adjustable ones.

I'm going to look into getting some tension rods for mine - great idea, thank you. The major problem is that they'd fall down when I open the compartment door - as some would have to be against it. Hmmm, will be thinking on this.

you can put them upright Beth, and they would do the same thing, floor to ceiling in the storage bay, it would still keep
stuff from shifting during travel. I have some smaller shower rod tension rods, next time your over this way (soon I think :P )
I will give them to you. I think I have two, I will check into that.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:55 am

Thanks! I didn't think of upright, duh! My floor in the storage compartment has different levels - and would probably need a few - so any help is nice. I'm looking at my mess of storage in my overcab right now - first project will be getting a tension rod to hide that area! Meant to measure before my trip to Walmart last week, but forgot :?
Beth
Bethers

Return to Show off your Rigs