Places to See

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Places to See

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Well, I just went to this link on Yahoo - 10 places to see in the US before you die - thought some of you might enjoy seeing what they recommend also.

I've only been to 3 of these - and agree they are great. Been to the areas of some of the others, but not to them - some will be added to my "list".
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Places to See

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 pm

The only one I can say I've really seen is the Oregon Coast, and not all of it. Most of the others are in cities, which I usually avoid while rving.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Liz, I also think there are many better places than these- but I always like to see the lists others make. I would have liked to have seen the S.F church - but plan to go to a couple missions here in TX - not in the cities. And I would have gone to the Whaling Museum when I was out that way, if I had known about it. As to the Battery District of Charleston, I did see it just this spring, but was more impressed with the historic district of Savannah that I was able to see with Lori (who has yet to join us here).

I definitely put the Madison Valley of Montana on my list - figure that's about as remote as you can get :) Maybe will hit it on the way to or from Alaska.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Well, that's someone else's list, not mind, for sure.
Most of what's listed there I don't think I'd go out of my way to visit. Especially if it's in some busy city. I'm more of the backroad, country, laid back sightseer. I grew up just south of Chicago and never really cared for that hustle and bustle, and either rode with someone else or took the train and hired cabs whenever we visited the city. Even the drive to O'Hare is hair raising.
AlmostThere

Return to General Talk