Picnic at the Lake

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Picnic at the Lake

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:47 pm

Many,... (many!) years ago when I was in highschool a group of us girls used to spend a lot of time at a little camp on the lake. The camp still is there, has not changed much. My highschool classmate is in town for a visit with her family and she's staying at the old family camp. Today was our afternoon to enjoy a picnic and catch up on girl talk.

We enjoyed a bottle of "bubbly" that I had brought. My friend made us a delightful lunch!

This is Lake Champlain, ...the opposite shore is Vermont! This part of the lake is quite narrow.

Cedar518

Re: Picnic at the Lake

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm so glad you got to spend time with your old friend - and in such a beautiful setting.

That's the same lake you take the ferry across from Vermont to NY (and vice versa) - I took it both ways - but took it to one of the VT landings, and came back on a different one - wanted "variety" :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Beautiful pics. Reminds me of my childhood when my father built a camp on Goose Pond (really a lake by most standards) near Lebanon, NH. We went there most weekends. It's where I learned to swim, fish, row a leaky boat, ice skate, ice fish, catch pollywogs, etc. Most kids today never get to experience all that we did...no time any more.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:27 pm

What a beautiful place and happy memories. Doesn't Lk Champlain have its very own sea monster like Nessie?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:35 pm

Yes,..... "Champy" is our resident mysterious critter. I have seen the wake from something in the lake,... and there wasn't any boats out there. and my SIL saw more than that. Some believe it's sturgeon,... but others who have seen it say it's larger,.... hmmmmm....? what's that nibbling on my toes? HAHA
Cedar518

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:53 pm

Cerdar.. What a great place... and a neat lunch too !! How wonderful does a body good to go back in your memories... I remember going up to Lake George for a week.. and going to visit a family member in Northville, NYS..they had a farm I was like 8 or 9 at the time.. .. I know you had a great day today..

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:35 pm

beautiful pictures, it indeed looks inviting
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Mtntophoundz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Wow! Such a beautiful place. Sounds like you had a great day!
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 pm

What a wonderful way to spend the day! Beautiful scenery & good friends. :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Return to General Talk