Really dumb questions

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Really dumb questions

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:41 pm

I'm a real rookie, so some of the shorthand & expressions I'm trying to figure out.
1) Is a "full-timer" someone who is living in their rig & camping all the time?
2) Is "rig" a term for what ever you have?
3) What is TT?
4) Is there a dictionary on here for dummies like me, or will I just learn as I go? LOL! :lol:

I do like this forum very much. Thank you to all those responsible for getting it going. As you can tell, I need all the help I can get. ;)

Micki
NakedPupsAndMe

Re: Really dumb questions

Postby Paulette » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:54 pm

No dumb questions here. You will learn as you go along. Full timers are those that live in their rigs full time...yes. Rigs loosely translated are whatever you have...5th wheel, Motorhome, and TT, stands for travel trailer, pop-up, chalet.

We're glad to have you along Micki.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Okay, don't feel bad. Took me forever to figure out ROTFLMAO (rolling on the floor laughing my ass off). Had to get my daughter to translate for me. :mrgreen:
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Micki... Goodness it was a whole different world when I first started.. and hey.. there are no dumb questions.. cause I use to have a lot of them and I'm still plugin at it.. Just check my morning column LOL I come up with some winners... LOL

God Bless....Don't sweat the small stuff !!!
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: questions,...... no matter what might be considered as "dumb" it's just a question nobody else has wanted to ask,... So, here in our new forum we are safe to ask questions,... and you WILL get straight answers! Whew!
Cedar518

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Thanks. I wanted to comment on some of the nice rigs you all posted, but I wasn't sure what to call them. I finally stopped calling ours a camper. And with the fulltimer thing, I wanted to know who to be jealous of! :mrgreen:
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Well,..... rig vs. camper,.... I've been "camping" since the early 1970s,.... so you will hear me still call a huge motorhome a "camper!" What's that saying about old habits dying hard? haha.... :D
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:50 pm

no question is dumb, but another one you might come across is the expression 5r
That means fifth wheel, sometimes they just say fifth or sometimes its fw.
I had a camper a few times, those always fit in the bed of a pick up. I really liked
my campers but they just weren't big enough.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Mtntophoundz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Here where I live all RVs are campers. Its like how we call all soda pop Coke, no matter the real brand name. You will learn so much here, keep asking questions!!!!
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Had a friend from Boston a long time ago. She kept asking me to stop at a drugstore so she could get some "tonic". I asked her if she was sick and she started laughing. They apparently call Coke "tonic". And we all speak English, right?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Yep, there are no dumb questions - just possibly some dumb answers :)

Karen, you just made me laugh out loud. I have always said "pop" - came down south and learned they call it "soda". In Alabama every time I said pop they all would look at me really strange. Found out no one knew what I was talking about at first. Wonder what they thought? That I wanted to buy a dad? Or drink a dad? My mind would go all those directions and I laughed and laughed. You just did that for me, too :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Growing up in the south, it was coke-cola, we spelled it coca-cola but it was pronounced coke-cola. And of course Pepsi-cola! OMG & short cokes! They were in the little glass bottles. I hadn't thought about that in years. I'm not 120 yrs old either but it seems like a long time ago. The camper term was upsetting my Hubby who kept saying RV, so now to irritate him I call it the '94 Allegro. Thanks for the explanations. It's hard trying to keep up & learn the lingo.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Tell your husband I call mine my rv also :) They can keep changing the terms on us - then we'll just have more ways to say the same thing :D
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:39 am

Keep asking those questions, you educate a roomful of people when you do. You ask questions most are afraid to ask. LOL
Nan
Gentleladybear

Return to General Talk