Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:55 am

not totally sure of all the details but my brother was released from the cancer center
today...he has a treatment plan consisting of medication, shot, ect some of it daily the shot and something else...right now they are at their daughters in SLC valley....personally they would be
closer to the hospital or cancer center if they came home and went with a center in Idaho...but I am
sure that they will do what is best...didn't hear how the kidney's are doing ...
thank you all for your prayers and best wishes
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:02 am

Sheila, if he has been to Huntsman Cancer Center in SLC, it's very highly rated, better than any in Idaho.
Last edited by MandysMom on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MandysMom

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Sheila, what a shock to have bad news of two family members in short period. So glad your grandson's eye is ok, prayers for your brother that treatment will be the one best suited for him. So many new and different ways now. Know you'd like him closer to you, just to see him and how he is. Natural!!

Will keep you all in my prayers,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Woohoo Liz is on the road again. I too am waiting for new updates and new pics on her road south. Also still thinking about the illness that some of you or loved ones are dealing with.

Not sure where I left off on my saga of my 2 1/2 week trip, but the slide got fixed in Wisconsin and I'm now back at Dad's. Took Lucy Lemon (no longer called Colt 2.0) to the dealer today to get a replacement TV that was also part of the case I had opened with the factory. Some idiot put the serial number sticker right where is was covered by the bracket, so the WI dealer could not replace that. They also need to check the water heater again (remember the fire?) because now on electric only in 2 different campgrounds, it kept popping the circuit breaker. Other problems need fixing also. Count so far: 4 trips; 4 times in to the dealer; 16 total problems including DOT recall on the slide and the water heater fire. Yes, I'm seriously looking at getting rid of this rig in less than a year.

Anyway, getting cooler here in the Chitown burbs. My kind of weather, 70s in the day 40-50 at night.

Stay safe ladies where ever you are.

P.S. Tina ~ love the thoughts you've been putting at the end of your posts lately.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Drew is down to his ideal weight! Our vet is so pleased. Not to mention, I am so pleased! :lol: Now maybe he can slowly start eating again, until we find out what amounts will keep his weight stabilized. Happy!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 pm

So Lark and Remi should disregard that TEXT they got from Drew about being starved and to send eatables? Audrey sends similar posts out all the time and we have to limit her access to technology.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Queen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 am

:lol:
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Haha! :lol:

Tell Lark and Remi that sympathy is welcome, but no food. Actually, Drew has my sympathy too. The weights vets recommend always seems on the thin side to me, and he's been dieting for a year to get there. He's quite tired of green beans for breakfast!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby snowball » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 am

have to get warm so brought up the campfire hope it will work
silly me just didn't get her act together and call the propane place and tell
them the fireplace still wouldn't stay lite...but in my defense it was 90 in the daytime and although it would
get cool enough to have heat in the late night time it wasn't needed enough to remind me to call...till it turned
cold like close the door and windows layer on what ever one has socks on the feet and cover the plants cold...so I call she says she will call the service guy this was on Friday...and he would call me sure he did :( Monday I call her back and she gives me his phone number and I call well I can come right away well no you can't I am in Jackson till after you get off work...so we set a time on Tuesday by this time I feel that a cold is coming on.. don't they say you can't get a cold from the cold?? :? I beg to differ... so he comes at 8 am I out of bed nope it was to cold to get out of bed...anyway he looks at it relights it with something that I can't use to light it and tells me call if it goes out which I did when I woke up again it was out so he comes back out relights it and we open the window further....it's cold enough I've even closed the bedroom windows and they rarely get closed... he tells me he has called another service guy who thinks it's the oxygen sencinator and also the striker so he will wait to order if leaving the window open further helps then he will just order the striker. not to long later it is out...parts on order and I am fighting a cold and the cold...need to make a quick trip to SD to get drivers license but they are requesting something they haven't in the past so hoping it gets here soon as I was hoping to leave on Friday...guess we will see ....so that is my whine for the night and it's raining.... any luck at all it will put the fire out hope not...still looking for the location of the water pump if it would warm up and I felt better would go out and dig around in the basement
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am

Sheila, can you see your freshwater tank from any of the storage bays? My pump is right next to the fresh water tank, in the fifthwheel and in the motorhome.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:41 am

Ava no I can't and have never found the plug to drain the tanks either.....tis well hidden :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby dpf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:29 am

Our drain for the fresh water tank is visible when the slide is open on the front of the tires. It has a toggle type faucet. Have to kind of crawl under the slide a little bit.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Pat
do you have a under carriage we do and obscures what ever is visible
I am sure that they are there if one knows where to look
sheila
snowball

Postby Queen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 pm

Spent time with our beautiful little grandniece this weekend and she is just a joy, wonderful spending time with family before we head off on our next adventure.

Got a few more days of internet access and then will be very intermittent here on the forum, we're not getting internet in FL so I'll only have a gig or so on my phone to do banking and email and such. I'll pop back in now and then though!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby snowball » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:38 pm

back home from South Dakota....took my mom with me...she was born in Rapid City. and so we have family in
the cemetery so took flowers there...turned out we were there the date my grandmother passed away...didn't plan that but it was good...in was fun having one on one time with mom....she will be 91 in a couple of weeks so feel that it was a good thing to do...we spent some time with Beth hopefully she will put the picture on the forum and meet Vickie which was a delight...we went through Custer State Park....expecting to see lots of animals wrong time of day I guess one we couldn't determine what it was too far away saw some burro and got skunked on the buffalo we saw them when we were about 20 miles from home...Teton County has a huge herd...started out in weather that made me wonder to coming home to blue skies and clear roads...grey and dismal till pretty much Tuesday oh well it was a great trip and we need the rain we kept saying that we need the rain and wishing it was raining another day...
still don't have the fireplace fixed so still cold although it's not as bad as it was...but going down...will call the guy see if he knows when the part might come in...my inside plants are suffering from the cold as much if not more than I am...
sheila
snowball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk