Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby avalen » Tue May 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Its one of those evenings I just need to vent,,,
Perhaps its just that anxiety of gettong on the road,
or I'm overwhelmed with stuff and issues. I don't know.

Decisions to be made and preparation for those decision
The lease on the park I'm in comes up,,, not my particular
lease, but the whole property management lease. Rent will
definitely go up, there are so many for sale signs and rent
signs around here this year, its easy to know what's going
on without attending the homeowners meetings.

I would love to find a lot and move when my personal lease
ends at the end of the year. I could live in their mh full
time if I had to, but i really don't want to. I:d like to know theres
a place to land.. As I clean and pack so I come home to an organized
and clean home it seems uncertain. Something I'm not accustomed
to, I've always had a plan!! The plan has always been figured out
ahead of time.
I have no set time.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 am

uncertainty is hard...even when we have a plan some times that uncertainty creeps in and we second guess ourselves.
I know at one point you talked about finding a place to park the 5th wheel and have been wondering if you had found it...
there are a lot of places in Q that you can do that some as low as 1000 for the year but have to pay for the year at one time
others are more....I am sure with a bit of research you will find the ideal place...
for now breath in and out do it again in and out... then take time out for yourself...a movie...a pedi...a mani or both!!! something
that will let you relax and then give thought to what needs to be done...if the lease at the park isn't up for a bit then do the research and ponder what you want to do...Kerry has lots of land perhaps you can park the 5th wheel up there till you have more of a plan however that
is way up there in Bend or near it....
for now it's bed time or almost in your neck of the woods
sheila
snowball

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu May 18, 2017 6:42 am

Well I didn't think I would be in this position of uncertainty either... I always thought I wanted to full time until two years ago when I turn 70 and things changed now I want that place to come to the organized safe place a home... right now the house has an offer on it more and likely it's going to be sold to these people and I have no place to go I will live in the RT this summer in Pennsylvania in the North Area but when I come back to Florida I don't know what...
grammynmaggie

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

Just throwing out a suggestion for you to ponder. Investigate the SKP parks. They all, I think, have a waiting list, but for $1000 you can be put on the waiting list. If you change your mind, the $1000 is refunded. I have found the SKP's to be very friendly. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby avalen » Thu May 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Lyn, I'm looking into that Escapees, they have
alot of benefits but still trying to figure out
the discount of a camping spot verses a state
park or nat'l forest. If I'm full time it would
certainly benefit me. Something I might decide
over the summer and spending a couple months
on the road.
avalen

Postby bikerchic777 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:45 pm

]I realized is been awhile since I checked in! I need to ask Beth the new ins and outs of posting pics, so you can see my new digs. ZENella, the boys, and I are all settled in, next door to Beth, in Keystone, SD. It's my 3rd summer here, so it feels like home. As you may know, the gal that was supposed to work with me backed out. Anybody want to come spend a fun filled summer in the Black Hills? Seriously... We do have a lot of fun, plus it's good money and perks.

Don't worry, Ava! Things will work out. At least you have a house on wheels. It could be much worse! I hope your travels bring you to Keystone.

I'll be heading to NE for Memorial Day weekend, for Maddie and Braden's dance recital. Thought I'd be seeing Lexi graduate, but sadly, that's not happening. It has been such a struggle for her, so she still needs credits. She'll be going to summer school and probably another semester.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Redetotry » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm

bikerchic777 wrote:]I realized is been awhile since I checked in! I need to ask Beth the new ins and outs of posting pics, so you can see my new digs. ZENella, the boys, and I are all settled in, next door to Beth, in Keystone, SD. It's my 3rd summer here, so it feels like home. As you may know, the gal that was supposed to work with me backed out. Anybody want to come spend a fun filled summer in the Black Hills? Seriously... We do have a lot of fun, plus it's good money and perks.

Don't worry, Ava! Things will work out. At least you have a house on wheels. It could be much worse! I hope your travels bring you to Keystone.

I'll be heading to NE for Memorial Day weekend, for Maddie and Braden's dance recital. Thought I'd be seeing Lexi graduate, but sadly, that's not happening. It has been such a struggle for her, so she still needs credits. She'll be going to summer school and probably another semester.

I recently tried Photobucket and there were so many ads it was really slow. When I finally got my picture uploaded it wouldn't let me copy the link needed to post it. I find this easy tp use but you do need to size the picture some place if it is too large. http://photoposting.is-great.net/
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Fri May 19, 2017 9:52 pm

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
that's the link for the rvnet photo thing mitch
posted about. I downloaded it and pinned it to
my start menu, on my computer I put it on my
desktp. You just open the link, hit select, your
pictures come up and you upload. Then copy
the link to your post.
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Alice, it sounds like you really do not need to make a decision until the end of the year, right? So why not just take off and see how well you like full-timing. You may decide you do not want the responsibility of two places, so you could move your 5th wheel into storage for another few months, just to be sure. It would be a lot cheaper that way.

I think when any of us start out full-timing, we are never really sure that we will like it. That's one of the reasons why I put my furniture and stuff into storage. I told myself that since i was buying new, I would commit to two years on the road. But when they time came and went, I was positive I wanted to keep moving. Within a year, you will know a lot better what you really want to do, so maybe this is a positive opportunity.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks, Ava and BJ! That's ree same link Bethers gave me I'll try it when in on my laptop and feeling patient. It's just so darned easy to grab this tablet, but I better keep using the laptop so I don't forget how to type. My handwriting isn't what it used to be, either, from using computers. I used to be a big letter writer, with pen pals and such. Anybody remember those?

I agree with Judy, Ava. You may decide you like full-timing. I never would have dreamed I'd still be out here! Now, it's hard to imagine having a home base, tho it may happen, if I ever find that home feeling somewhere.

Waiting to see how my little Chihuahua, Brutus, is doing, today. He has been acting strange. Didn't want to get out of bed, didn't finish his food, walked slow, cried when he pulled back on his leash. He didn't even run and play in the cemetery, like he always does! I had to carry him for most of our walk. It seemed like he must be in some sort of pain. Then, when he couldn't sit up for his treat, I figure it may be his spine. Maybe he, or his moose of a brother, hurt his back. I bummed some baby aspirin and gave him some twice, yesterday. He seemed pretty normal last night. Let's hope he's back to his lovable self, today!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby JudyJB » Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm

I am often amazed that after five years, I am still out here and enjoying it. Part of my amazement is that I am really living in the equivalent of a tiny hotel room--about 250 square feet without getting tired of it.

When I started out, I did not know how long I would last. And after a year or so, my friends and family started asking if I was bored yet or lonely or when I was going to "settle down." My kids are still suggesting every once in a while that I ought to get an apartment somewhere, preferably near one of them so they could "take care" of me.

The thing that makes me still happy about full-timing is the changing scenery and the potential of what else is still out there to see and do. For example, I did not expect how pretty this campground would be and how nice the views would be, so even though I will be indoors all day, there is still stuff to see. And I always have chores to do with my motorhome.

Now other people may miss friends and family, but mine were so split up it would have been impossible to settle near them anyway. I also enjoy being alone a lot of the time.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Tue May 30, 2017 10:55 pm

back in Idaho after spending a few weeks in Utah for granddaughter's graduation
this week is a grandson's graduation..
My son and his girls and my daughter and her daughter came up for memorial day weekend
one of the girls (we think the youngest 3 year old) was playing around and turned off a breaker
which of course we didn't know..came out to the 5th wheel and no electricity had lights that operate off
the batteries other than that nothing...and so late that I just did what needed to be done...made a cake
it's a easy recipe and can mix it up with a wire whip so didn't need electricity. but didn't make the cookies I had
been asked to do so did that Sunday night in the house...it was a good weekend but as good as it was am glad
for the quite... :lol: must have had a wind while I was gone the mat was all turned about and two feeders need repaired
one not sure how to do it the other is a niger seed sock so not sure if it is worth fixing or just get a new one...
doing catch up as I have literally not been on the computer since Thurs I think :roll:
sheila
snowball

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:10 am

Has anybody been to Chincoteague Island and Assateague Island (Maryland/Virginia border)? I'm thinking about the pony swim -- probably next year, because I'll bet places on the boat have to be reserved six months in advance.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Irmi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Louise, we have not been there, but you may be passing by our house within a 1/2 mile via Rt, 50 or 5 miles, via RT 301, depending on how you will be traveling. There are lots of other ways to go, but if you should come by this way, we have camp driveway and offer a 30 amp service with water. We live on the eastern shore of MD, 15 miles south of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (not the Bay Bridge Tunnel). If you should need a place to stop, our campground is available!
Irmi

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Irmi, that is incredibly generous of you! Thank you, thank you! Now I really can start to think about next year!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk