Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby Liz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Glad you made it, and thankful you got the tires taken care of. Sometimes we've just got to suck it up and do it for safety's sake.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby snowball » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:27 am

it was jello plans today...my 8 yr old granddaughter was baptized today then we changed clothes
and headed for the natural history museum on the UofU campus. Got up there and it was packed
over flow parking then the line to get it was long so we bailed and went to the zoo...over caste
rainy at times made for not so many at the zoo perfect!!! the changes over the years has made
the zoo evolve into a nice zoo...but for someone who hasn't been walking for a very long time
lots of walking was done up hill and down hill so will be so tired and sore tomorrow...went to the
Spaghetti Factory for supper love their Spamonie so good worth going there just for the ice cream :lol:
then shopping my dd best friend mother in law had retired and had lots of clothes she no longer wanted
daughter just got position in a bank department and needed so clothes so we shopped and she came away
with lots I even found a couple of tops and perhaps pj's ....fun day spent with family
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:37 pm

was in the middle of posting when the computer did it's thing...had to wait for it to go
though all the restarting wasn't thinking would have told it to wait... :?
going to leaving SLC tomorrow so tonight we my son and his family dd and her dd went to
temple square was enjoyable the flowers are looking so pretty...then to supper...
earlier in the day I went to the family history library every once in awhile I work on a couple
of lines that are pretty much brick walls...on one all I want is a marriage should be easy right
wrong!!! the other passenger list can't find when they came to America and who all came with them
oh well one day right???
last time I looked shouldn't be a bad travel day will look again before I close down the computer...
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:08 pm

arrived in Tetonia thankfully my son in law made it home before I did....I have a fairly steep road to come up
and then a sharp turn was almost into the turn when Lakota came up to check things out so I stopped...mistake
it had to be backed down the hill and another effort made....there is a hole the tires have to go into
to make it sorta level mostly level...so had to dig it out more...then since it was a new system had to refigure
out how to get it unhooked :roll: the manufacturer's aren't too far from here think I might make a visit ;)
I like it much nicer towing even hooking up but guess we didn't do something so a major miracle that it didn't
unhook ....but here safe and sound and tired why is it that a drive of about six hours tires one out? it may not have
been that long...
sheila
snowball

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Posting as quick as I can, while I'm tethered to my phone for a few minutes. I haven't been on the forum in ages, it seems. I know Beth and Barbie keep you posted on what I'm up to, so that helps. I ended up trading Myrtle in on an 2001 American Cruiser Class B RV. Just spontaneously looked on RV Trader one day, after a lady who was going to meet me to look at Myrtle had to cancel. A dealership in Mesa had just listed it, so Ken and I went up to look at it. I liked it and made a trade-in offer. They accepted, I made a down payment and the rest is history! I had already sold Getrude, my toad. After the "check engine" problem was resolved (leaky hose), I got a late start on the road. Never did catch up with Beth, but I'll be working with/for her, again, this summer in SD. As she told you, the weather went from summer to winter. I stayed in a church parking lot in the high country of AZ, my first night. There was a thunderstorm when I went to bed and woke up to about 4 inches of snow! Didn't know where my ice scraper was so I found out that a plastic spatula works great as a scraper, especially now that I can actually reach the top of my windshield 8-) Thought the roads would be clear by the time I left, in the morning, but it was a challenge to follow tire tracks. It's been a long time since I've had to drive in those conditions and I didn't like it a bit! Saw snow off and on that day, but most of my trip I had to deal with high winds. I was surprised that Myrtle handled the wind better than Zenella (named after my favorite zany aunt and also has "Zen" in the name ;) ). My fresh water tank ran dry. The previous owner had drained it and left the valve open...duh! I got free water at a Pilot truck stop with an RV island, so I was a happy camper, again. My grandson came down with a bug, so I passed on through Lincoln, NE and came to my mom's, in IA. Been unloading and loading and organizing and reorganizing Zenella :lol: Found a new store that is AWESOME!!! It's called The Container Store. They had everything I needed to get organized. I also ordered some stacking cookware that is made for boats a small pressure cooker and a memory foam mattress topper. I've been trying out the mattress topper and I'm sleeping great! I think the biggest frustration in Rags getting in my way in the aisle. I'm trying to train him to jump up on the couch so I can walk by. I don't know how 2 people can live in these things! I met with the previous owners, who live back here in Iowa, to pick up the table and battery slide out tray. Nice people. I asked a lot of questions about their tricks, etc. Eventually, I may still get a small TT to live in and pull it with Zenella. For now, I will make do. A new challenge :D
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby avalen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:55 pm

So glad to hear from you, I just might see you later on in the summer.
I never know what detour I might take in between point a and point b.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:32 pm

About time you caught everyone up :) I can't wait to see Zenella.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 pm

My buy you've been busy Linda. Good to hear you are settling into Zenella. Rags will get the hang of letting Mom pass I'm sure.

Gotta love the Container Store. I actually just stopped by today to pick up something for the TT. If you can't find what you're looking for anywhere else, the Container Store has something that will work!

Drive safe on your way to SD, the heads and Beth.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Birdie » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

It seems like Spring might have sprung and got busted! Has been in the 80-90's here in Texas and the latest cold front brought in on its sprung form temps in the mid 50's for last night. Was beautiful calm morning until about 8:30 when the wind popped up. So sunny and rocking and rolling. Headed off to do laundry then a run into the big town for a few supplies.

Beth looks like you guys are in the yo yo weather pattern for a bit longer. AZ has warmed up in competition with FL. Lots of weather happenings, new rigs being outfitted and old ones being remodeled. Life is good. When it warms up I will restock the beer on the wall. Take one and pass it around!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Bethers » Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Gorgeous day here today, Birdie. We could hit 80 on Saturday. Then probably 60 Monday, which is still ok with me.

Where are you headed, Birdie?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Birdie » Fri May 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Well it is looking like about a week of beach time and then I head to house sit at the Alpaca Ranch for 2/3/4 weeks. Then summer fun time! Plans in jello for now but hope to get some goodies in the jello soon. Have to wait for something to occur.

I think this might be an interesting year in our economy. I haven't made any predictions yet and if I wait long enuf the year will be over and then I can make an absolutely correct prediction. Can you believe Beth that we are nearly through the first half of this year? Unreal how time is moving right past us as we stand and watch it....see right there 3 minutes GONE! Buzzard, what are you going to do?
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Bethers » Sat May 06, 2017 1:14 am

I know. The years are flying past... Scarily so.
Beth
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 am

Lark spent her second weekend attending a dog show with Josef. She was beginning to wonder what was so great about this RV stuff. For the second weekend in a row she saw rain and more rain. On Friday I loaded up the last minute things in the rain. I drive three hours in the wind and the rain. I set up my site in the rain. I hauled the grooming equipment down to the grooming building across from the rings...in the rain. There was definitely a pattern of cold, wind and rain. These conditions lead directly to a cold human and wet and bored dogs. The sun came out for a few hours Saturday afternoon and she began to appreciate the walks around the fairgrounds. I had gloves on. With a little cooperation of the weather she may decide to like this traveling stuff a bit more.

Josef is entered in shows the next two weekends and he needs to make up his mind about the Memorial Day shows as those entries are due by noon tomorrow. Since he finished his Grand Championship two weeks ago all he is doing now is practicing and trying to collect some points from the Owner Handler ring. At 22 months he is still a young dog (mind and body) when he goes out against the Special Specials in the group ring.

So work is done for the season. I go tomorrow for my 6 month check up and blood work and have already preparing myself for the lecture from my nurse practitioner regarding weight gain. :roll: All I will be able to say is that my current plan of action includes: not sitting in front of a computer for hours a day, a new puppy that requires walking and a new working Fitbit.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby havingfunnow » Wed May 10, 2017 9:18 am

Ah, poor Lark! Not a fun intro to shows. I'll cross my fingers for better weather this coming few weekends. Thanks for the update -- I've been wondering how she'd doing.

I'm so impressed with Josef. He just keeps getting better and better. Specialing him is going to be really fun!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Redetotry » Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 am

Tina, glad your work is done and you are free to play. Congratulations for Josephs success in the show ring!! Lark may need a pep talk from Remi about better times while traveling. Hope your doctor finds you road ready :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk