Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby MandysMom » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Wow, I hope they did not jump to conclusions on her. Any number of things can cause confusion from medication reactions to sleep disorders.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Guess who just knocked on my door?? Carold from Florida. She has trouble posting, but saw my note to Tina about my being in Sterling State Park. She and her husband are headed north into Michigan.

Very pleasant surprise!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:11 pm

How wonderful. Say hi. And if you have a clue how to help her - please do so. I can't figure it out without looking at her computer.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:03 am

always love it when I have a chance to see forum family
I'll bet you will have a great visit
I wonder if they thought about meds...I am not close to her kids
when we happen to see each other at a funeral or other occasion know who they
are but for me to communicate with them probably won't happen ...her son is a friend
on FB but he is also a weatherman on one of the main tv stations in SLC so thinking it would
be hard to message him...guess I can always call see what she has to tell me...
sheila
snowball

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Just stoking the fire ~~~

Back from my weekend. Didn't do a darn thing except sit & stare at the river, barges, people tubing and watching birds, blue herons, flocks and flocks of cormorants, blue jays, pelicans, and 3 bald eagles! So nice to see them when it's not February :lol:

Did I mention how I hate, hate, hate hitching! :x
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:17 pm

that sounds like a perfect weekend.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:46 pm

I made it back from the beach this afternoon. We had a good time and the weather was beautiful but Alabama is just too far to go to the beach. My friends have a beautiful condo. Friday and Saturday we spent about 2 hours in the lazy river. I got a good bit of sun and I hope I don't peel. I had to walk down and put my foot in the gulf just to say I did. The sand is so pretty. There were flags up that meant marine life in the water. It was probably for jelly fish. There were some other friends at another condo that did go in the gulf and they were saying the water was so clear you could see the fish all around.

Annie has been nuts since I got home. My son said she kept bugging him to get petted. She hasn't left me alone since I got home. I guess I will have to get her a calming collar when I am gone. ;)

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:03 am

sounds like a perfect weekend...we get together and it seems like so much go go go
went to Ogden for of all things a Pampered Chef party my dd was hosting...so now I have to look
and see what I will actually use and what will just take up space...then to SLC dd another one had to pick
up the license for the car we were driving (her husband got a new to him one a couple weeks ago) and then
we went to a "village" all decked out in it's Halloween charm...they have what is called witches night out and is it
ever attended...we were there in the day time and no witches night still busy...love roaming the stores...picked up
a snow baby for my mom that is being retired...so hoping she doesn't have it already
then supper with all except that live in SLC except one son in law...then to the mall girls needed shoes and pants
then to sons for ice cream got home to eldest dd about midnight so tired...today was coming home to Idaho
so much to do before I get ready to leave for points south..starting to get nervous...and need to get a list going
couple things on the truck has a leak think around a light on the roof have a feeling they were add on's but still need to
fix it needs the running boards put on and a hitch put in...funny I have parts of two...need to do something so it can be towed
shooting for leaving Oct 24 babysitting most of two weeks first though and this week mom's roof is being replaced..think I will
go be a cheering force a gofer and chef for it...so a busy week
sheila
snowball

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Made it to Brown County State Park. Except for the dead end road that the GPS seemed to think would take me to the campground the drive was uneventful. Yes, there was a need to unhook the car and turn everything around but it all went well with just a little muttering. The dogs seemed to realize that staying quiet was a good plan.

The only other issue is the phone that I left back in Ohio sitting on my desk. It will certainly be a peaceful week, not that I use my phone all that much anyway.

About time for bed and then head out and explore the park tomorrow.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Well! My son is cooking us potstickers for lunch! I think he's all grown up. :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:31 pm

LUCKY YOU! I love potstickers!!! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby snowball » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:20 pm

me too when I can get them...
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:11 pm

I made it back from the lake. We had a very nice weekend with almost perfect weather. Not too hot during the day and cool enough for a campfire at night. We had 12 women come. I won't need to eat chili any time soon. Thursday I had brought a big package of hot dogs so we roasted hot dogs and had canned chill to make chili dogs. Friday there was a chili cook off and 4 made chili. Last night we had the leftover chili with the rest of the hot dogs in it. Some hiked and I tried to fish but they weren't bitting.

I stopped at the hospital on Wednesday to see my sister. She was in a lot of pain from her knee surgery on Monday. They have moved her to the rehab place and she is getting along a lot better. She had given me a list of things to pick up for her on my way home and called to ask me to pick up lunch for her. She says the food is terrible. I visited with her for a while and came on home.

I couldn't give the kitten away. Everyone has dogs or doesn't like cats. He is so sweet. We were walking him on a leash or he was walking us. Everyone took turns loving on him. He is going to be one spoiled cat. He now has a name, CC the camping cat. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:15 pm

now you have a kitten to take with you especially if trained to a leash good move
getting ready to move on...getting cold weather is getting iffy and hoping haven't looked yet
it will allow me to move on later in the week
still so much to do I had no ambition this summer did nothing and it shows it
so now have lots to do did how ever box up lots of books some to storage some to library some to keep on board
keep forgetting my vacuum at my dd''s so finally bought one they need one anyway
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:41 am

Don't work too hard Sheila, take a guilt free rest when you need to.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk