Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby Colliemom » Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 am

Am so sorry to hear this news Shelia. My sympathies to you are your family.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu May 17, 2018 10:48 am

Sad news Sheila. Your family has been through so much these past three months. Hugs for you, Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu May 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Thinking of you and your family, Sheila. May we always remember to be thankful for each day we have together with family and friends. Age means nothing. We are all temporarily here..... ((((hugs))))
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby dpf » Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Hugs Sheila.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby cnq50b » Thu May 17, 2018 8:30 pm

I agree. Your grandson got that right, Sheila. Keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Tue May 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Thank you all with all that has gone on I'd not gotten back to the campfire...actually decided to post something this evening on the morning coffee but got bumped off I guess so came here am glad I did as I feel I have been neglectful. I do appreciate all of he kind words...since they come in 3's we hope we have met our quota. I can't remember if it happened the same day or a day later that my aunt's sister passed away...a lady I've known all my life as I told people an almost relative...so went to her funeral on Friday...My sister in laws funeral was a celebration of her life...and they did a good job of it...but for some reason it was also very hard perhaps because of the prior two so close or because it brought back memories I don't know but the emotions were only below surface.
because of everything I just yesterday got up the bird feeders...and the birds came and ate and ate and I had to refill them all including the Niger seed feeder today. anyone been at my site in Q knows that I have lots of feeders.... greedy buggers ... then today put up hummingbird feeders and had a hummer I'd say within the hour...but with all the activity worry that it's too much for them... thinking I need another bunch of shepherds hooks and fix it so it's just for the hummer's ya right she says as I saw some finches making like a hummer...need to get a new water bottle for them and perhaps that will solve the issue...do enjoy seeing them though...you all enjoy the campfire hopefully it will burn brightly for a long time. had house finches, gold finches, chickadee, think a western tanager, and a Evening Grosbeak, and either a dove or pigeon
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:34 pm

I remembering reading Morning coffee earlier. Now it's 8:30 and Peaches and I are in bed! She's already asleep and I hope to be shortly. I can't keep my eyes open.

Sheila it's so much fun to watch the birds. I rarely put feeders out but need to start doing so again.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:22 pm

decided to go to the campfire sooo cold today...already it is down to 63 inside temp it has rained been windy just not a nice day a cold wind and rain...might have to start up the buddy :evil: have to take a trip to Vegas mid July that should warm me up...my nephew is having surgery and since my sister is still not driving ect need to go to take him to the appt and other stuff that needs doing...we thought it would be hospital and then probably rehab but it is suppose to be out patient he has curvature of the spine and we thought the lump or whatever it is was caused by that apparently not now they will remove it and hopefully it is benign I really think that is what the drs expect as there hasn't been a frantic urge to get it done..
the other day I picked up my Swedish Weave to work on it (haven't picked it up except to move it since I left Q) when you are in the middle of a row or section you just follow the row and unless you have made an error it will be ok so today I picked it up and thought wow I don't remember what pattern I was using thought it was one called Dazzaling but not sure I am doing different colors and the results aren't quite as pronounced as the original called my friend she thought it was but wasn't sure either so I started the next section and did a part of the row and it fit's guess it is Dazzling after all... :lol: need to put a note on it so I will know.. since this is for my sister want to finish it before I leave so I can give it to her. and I don't want to take my sewing machine with me..so need to hustle might have to set aside my crochet afghan for a bit so it will get done...
happy weekend everyone still waiting for Toni to either let me know that she is coming or not
sheila
snowball

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:17 pm

The idiots around here are still setting off fireworks! It's the evening of the 8th, for heaven's sake! :shock:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby snowball » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 pm

In Utah and to some degree in Idaho the 4th of July of course but also the 24th of July which is a Utah state holiday and lots of fireworks then...but you do see lots in between
sheila
snowball

Postby dpf » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Going to throw a couple of logs on the fire…it’s pretty much down to embers. I’m not checking the wine because I don’t drink it…and have no idea how many bottle of beer, but I don’t feel like one tonight. I don’t get around to posting in the morning so I’ll try here. I did remember to say Rabbits on the 1st. Congratulations to Liz and Bob! Nice new TT Linda. Beth, your co-pilot is a cutie. I have a stuffed up head from either allergies or a sinus infection and that’s all my foggy brain can come up with right now. I have read all the posts but just can’t dredge up anything other news! Just know I’m thinking of all of you and celebrating your good news and commiserating the bad news.

We happen to have some bad news that I haven’t mentioned. DH was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) earlier in the year. He has been on 1 week of chemo and 2 weeks off since late March. So far it does seem to be helping. He’s tired and doesn’t have much of an appetite. This is the reason that we haven’t been camping at all this summer.

Other news…youngest son is leaving his position at the ER at the Rosebud Reservation and going to be a flight nurse with the McKennan Hospital statewide system. He’s been at the reservation for over a year and a half and is pretty much burned out and disillusioned with the IHS.

Ryan and Ashely are fine. Busy with kids and cattle and Ashely is gearing up for school to start. Hard to believe that it’s starts in less than a month.

Grands are fine. Bronc is taking swimming lessons and is doing quite well. He is looking forward to starting preschool this year. Haddie is walking and has gained the title Hurricane Haddie. She’s into everything.

As for me…well I haven’t been doing much. Working a couple afternoons a month. Jim and Pam are building an addition to the bar so when they get to the interior work they’ve told me that I will be working more from mid-August to mid-September. Our annual girl’s get-away is the first weekend in August. Definitely looking forward to that. We found house on Lake Hendricks MN though VRBO. We’ve had good luck with their listings for the last two years.

I wish we could share a little rain with those of you who are experiencing dry conditions. We have had an abundance of rain this summer…with high temps and humidity. So far we have been able to avoid any hail. We’re in a storm warning until 11:00 tonight with tornado predicted. Time to put on a bra.

Well that’s about all for now. Campfire is roaring….anybody have marshmallows?
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Rufflesgurl » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Pat sorry to hear about your DH. Hope his meds continue to work! Can't believe your little grands are ready for school. They grow so
fast don't they?

Take care of yourself!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 pm

So sorry about your dh, Pat. And you've got way more to say than me! I totally understand your son's frustration. I've heard the same from others. I hope he gets his vim, vigor and verve back with the change.

I have friends in town so I'll jump in their truck, with Ty and their dog, and give them a tour of Custer State Park and the tunnels, etc. Ty likes my gf, not sure about her hubby. So far he's liked every dog he's met, so hoping that continues. And I suspect if John ignores him all day they'll become friends, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Sorry to hear about hubby, hope the chemo works well for him
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Managed to go out today and do a few errands but I dont like to be out in the smoke very much and it seemed heavier today.

Pat I worked for IHS for 6 months as a travel nurse. Geez I was anxious to leave too. Your son will love Flight nursing. I used to do transports for NICU and L&D patients and it was fun. I know the regular flight nurses and paramedics I hung with loved their job. They worked in the ER when nothing going on for flights.

Wow school is starting soon. Seems sooner than it used to be. Here in Oregon they start the day after Labor day.

Beth sounds like Ty is getting a crash course in socialization and doing well...Yippee

Thinking good thoughts for your hubby Pat.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk