Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Made it across most of Illinois today after a slow gentle start to the day. I was thinking over nighting at a Cracker Barrel but was out voted 3 to 1 for a state park. Pulled into Kickapoo State Park in plenty of time for a nice evening dog walk. (and now you understand why I was outvoted) The nice volunteer at the gate even found me the last pull through available for the night....all for $20. Quieter than a parking lot, too! Now if I can find that Hot tub over there by the campfire next to the small shed with the beer and the wine......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 pm

is it hot Tina??? hope so still dealing with cold here lots of it will be glad to hear the part has been found!!!
last year it wouldn't work up here but did in AZ so hoping if they don't find the part that will be the same this year
this Buddy isn't up to the task
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Love that vote, Tina.

Sheila, it's going to feel good to head south tomorrow... It's going to be cold in the morning. Both my jello planned stops the next couple days will feel much better.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:42 am

BirdbyBird wrote:Made it across most of Illinois today after a slow gentle start to the day. I was thinking over nighting at a Cracker Barrel but was out voted 3 to 1 for a state park. Pulled into Kickapoo State Park in plenty of time for a nice evening dog walk. (and now you understand why I was outvoted) The nice volunteer at the gate even found me the last pull through available for the night....all for $20. Quieter than a parking lot, too! Now if I can find that Hot tub over there by the campfire next to the small shed with the beer and the wine......

You're just over a half hour away from me. Kickapoo is our local camping spot, so glad you found it... if you've got time and/or inclination, the hiking trails are wonderful, especially the river view trail.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 am

Oh, Oh....so wish I had known earlier. Small unplanned gtgs are always exciting! And yes, this park is wonderful. The sites all look spacious and pretty level with greenery all around. Definitely could park here for multiple days.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:23 pm

just a test for photo posting since Photobucket no longer allows me to post here
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 pm

I'm at my new-to-me little casita. And it's little! Perfect for me. Eventually I'll make a sitting room out of the little room. There's a separate storage area and I ordered a couple cheap shelving units from Amazon which will arrive Friday. And that's where I'll store a bunch of stuff.

Later next week I'll head to my job and not too long after that my Cruiser should arrive.

I should have waited for the morning sun to take this pic... But here's my rig and little casita.

And a pic looking east with the sun behind me, and Dragoon Mountains in the distance.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 am

glad you made it safely...now for the fun of taking stuff out so you can move into the other rig
and sell this one...and work my you will be busy :?
take care how does the warmth feel???
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

snowball wrote:take care how does the warmth feel???
sheila

Ha, supposed to hit 90 most days this week. But love the cool nights. Wonder what kind of winter we'll have.
Beth
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 am

Home base! It looks really nice, Beth. Gosh, you're making big changes.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Well, phooey! The local Board of Water & Light just changed my appointment for shutting off my water to next week! Now I have to go reschedule the plumber and rearrange traveling plans. Irritating! :(

I suppose I should be grateful that they let me know a day in advance. Huh!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby snowball » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm

there are truly days that are frustrating...today was one of them...
I have gotten into the habit of laying in bed till way late as it is warmer in the bed than out...today I planned
on going to the city set alarm for 9:00 hoping to be on my way by 10 lets say it was 11;22 when I left...when you are running late every thing goes wrong...one of my to do's was Penny's to see if they had an electric throw or it
it was something one would have to order...they had it gulped at the price but willing to pay it anything to be a bit warmer...got to the register and it was only 28 something yes!!! that is far better than 80 so get it...get home and
the owners manual yes an owners manual for a throw!!!! informs me not to use it if you used inverted power yikes that I do...one wonders why and what would happen...so on to State Trailer questions to ask when I had talked to them earlier in the summer I had asked about replacing the black water valve...sounded like baring issues it would be between 150-200 so the questions I had was do I need an appointment yep oh 3 weeks out which is actually ok but when we talked more it seems that because the trailer has a under carriage the time to work on the value just went up to several and the cost was more in the range of 800-1000 so he gave me some ideas...I asked what a water pump cost 98 thought I ok Bish's was right theirs is less so started for that business (rv sales) turned wrong ended up way in the wrong direction by the time I found them 10 extra miles at least...so consulted about the pump hmm the 59 dollar one was out and the one they thought would fit thought mind you was 103 98 is cheaper....so came back with no pump will hopefully find the pump take it out and make sure I get the right one...then I was stopped at a grocery store and went out saw where the do I have a leak??? was now a stream of something I am thinking diesel and I just filled the truck :twisted: and how was your day?>??
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Oh, so sorry, Sheila. Get a good night's rest and then tackle one item at a time, starting with the most important....diesel leak?

Your estimate for a black water valve seems way high. You might try to find a mobile RV repair for that and the water pump too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Yikes, Sheila... On my last rig I purchased a new valve and my brother-in-law replaced it when i was visiting them. He's never had an rv and did it in a few minutes. Sounds insane, the quote you got. Unfortunately, I'm often stuck when things happen, so I feel your pain.

The diesel leak scares me... Hang in there!
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 pm

the reason it could be so high was due to dropping the under carriage so under the 5th wheel isn't open they have to lower it
coming up with more hours to do it....I think the original quote until they heard of the under carriage was less than a 150 but agree...high so I got this clear thing to put where the cap would be it has a place to add water hose to force water in and hopefully clear away whatever is obstructing the valve....also some stuff to lucubrate the values hopefully that will help...
oh the pump is out so need to get the new one son in law can do that....just need to go to the city again and spend more money....so right now I am toying with getting the 5th wheel ready to roll around the 1st take it to Ogden Ut stay there till the 6 th then head south with the exception of Saturday I'd made a hair appointment don't want to miss it so Amy and I will take a day trip back up to Idaho Falls meet up with the girls up here do a hair cut and lunch...Jamie can't make it nor can Elayna but if the weather will cooperate it will be good...
so we will hope the weather is good and all works out...cause it is dang cold up here...
sheila
snowball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk