Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:57 pm

I don't buy much from Sam's anymore except gas. Their gas is 40 cents a gallon cheaper than some of the stations around Abbeville. Sam's is on the South side of Lafayette so if I go to Lafayette I get gas. I like some of their frozen food but there is just too much of it.

Sue, it would be nice if someone would return your wallet. The National Park Pass has gone up to $80 I think.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Colliemom » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:37 am

Yes it has. But there are also $20 dollar yearly passes and after you buy 4, you can get a permanent one free. Course that’s paying more green in the long run. Right now Idon’t need one for this year. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore uphere in the U.P. Doesn’t require one. So will deal with it next year.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby monik7 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Have you checked to see if you can get the card replaced? When I got mine I took a pic of it so I’d have the number. You might check to see if they can find you by name in the system and maybe replace it.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Colliemom » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:30 am

Cards cannot be replaced. According to what I have found online, if it’s lost, stolen etc., you have to get a new one.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 am

I was traveling west to Oregon with Mitch when she had to stop and replace her card when we were at one of the National Parks or Forest Service Offices.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:12 pm

I bought a Tervis tumbler with an artist's design in Rockport, TX on 2008 which was my go-to for all my drinks until I left it at the Ford dealer in Casa Grande this past spring. I bought a couple cheap replacements. I don't think I ever dropped my Tervis, but I'd I did, no damage. Tonight I dropped my second cheap replacement and, like when I did my first, it immediately developed a leak. There's lots of cute Tervis (and other brands) out there, but I liked that my first had an artist's design. I know, I'm being picky. I've put 3 in my Amazon cart. Will attempt to decide on one ... And one day I'll be in a artists shop with one that sings to me and I'll buy another.

Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Beth, I'll be in Rockport, TX next month if you remember where you got your cup. There was so much destruction there that the chance of the shop still being there are probably slim.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:42 am

Acadianmom wrote:Beth, I'll be in Rockport, TX next month if you remember where you got your cup. There was so much destruction there that the chance of the shop still being there are probably slim.

Martha

Thanks, Martha, but I, too, doubt she's there. I'll be on the lookout for another. And it would be hard to describe!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:35 pm

I ordered a Tervis tumbler I'll love... It's only missing a brown pelican... But has a roseate spoonful to make up for it. It'll arrive Friday. I love it already.
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 pm

that is cool Beth...what is about it you like? and does the lid close up tight so it doesn't leak out if you do drop it?
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:18 pm

snowball wrote:that is cool Beth...what is about it you like? and does the lid close up tight so it doesn't leak out if you do drop it?
sheila

These were some of the first tumblers that helped maintain hot or cold. I know the Yeti's have improved on that, but I just like the feel and design of the one I had. So wanted to get another. And I like this design, so ordered it. And if I drop this, the lid will most likely come off. It's not that tight fitting. That's not a deciding factor for me fire in the rig.
Beth
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:16 am

Deciding factor....beautiful birds.....that all bring back memories and great excuses for daydreaming!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:23 am

BirdbyBird wrote:Deciding factor....beautiful birds.....that all bring back memories and great excuses for daydreaming!

Exactly!
Beth
Bethers

Postby Beki » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:46 am

Hello, Love the Tervis,cups also. They are maded here in Venice, Florida. There is an outlet store in Nokomis. Right on Str 41.. Although many times with the Bealle’s, Kohl’s, coupon you can get great deals. Now many colors and styles.
You can even design your own, right there. Sports, College’s, Hobbies, Flowers, Wildlife, Birds, Sea Animal’s...way to many..Also a life time warranty trade in... Just an FYI.... Happy. Camping......
Beki

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Beki, my original was of birds also... But designed by an artist in Texas. It took my about 10 years to leave it somewhere. Used daily. Too bad warranties don't include loss, lol.
Beth
Bethers

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk