Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Pat, sorry to hear about your DH. Hope the chemo continues to help. It seems like it was just yesterday that Bronc was born.

The weather people say we are still behind in the amount of rain the area has received but not at my house. If that guy didn't have some cattle here I would have to learn how to operate the tractor again. I use to mow the pasture with the bush hog but that was many moons ago. I have been waiting 6 months for the mobile tractor mechanic to show up and fix the temperature gauge. I'm not sending it to John Deere. It costs $3,000 every time they get their hands on it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:05 am

Pat, thanks for getting the campfire going again. It's chilly here this morning, fire will feel good. Sorry to hear about your DH. Hopefully the chemo will help and he will start to feel better eventually. Modern Medicine has advanced so far in cancer treatments compared to when my mom and aunt were living and got diagnosed with it. Hard to believe Bronc is starting preschool and Haddie is already up and getting around, for better or for worse :lol: Sounds like your family's busy with day to day stuff and life in general.

Nothing much new here, just same old for the most part. Did get the grass or what should be called straw mowed yesterday. Gets the weeds down anyway. Hopefully the predicted rain will come this time. Yard is about as good as I can get it for now with no rain for grass etc. and this is the time of the year when things start slowing down as far as growing is concerned. Mid summer doldrums. Stuff likes the cooler weather.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Redetotry » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 am

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. I hope the treatments go well. Sending big hugs to both of you. I also feel like it was just yesterday Bronc was born. I loved seeing his pictures and remember well the one of him riding his pony thru the bar!! Sounds as though Hurricane Hattie is keeping you all on the alert. Take care and enjoy your weekend get away with your friends.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Irmi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 am

Pat, I'm sending healing prayers and thoughts to you and your hubby.
Irmi

Postby Cudedog » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:17 am

Pat, so very sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis.

Be sure to contact the American Cancer Society for information and assistance. They were extremely helpful when my (ex) husband was diagnosed with CML (Chronic Myeloid Leukemia) when he was in his mid-40's, nearly 30 years ago. At the time of diagnosis, he was given three to five years to live. He is still alive today, now in his mid-70's.

He was on Interferon for the first few years; a few years back a new treatment was developed, imatinib (Gleevec®). Gleevac is not a "cure", but has put him into "permanent" remission over the last several years. I have not had contact with my ex-husband for a long time, but so far as I understand Gleevac has few side effects.

I do not know if Gleevac would be an effective treatment for AML.

Be SURE to do your own research!! If we had not done it - and it was very difficult to do any kind of research 30 years ago, before the arrival of the internet - my (ex) husband would not be alive today.

Many physicians are so busy with their day-to-day lives, and day-to-day practices, that they do not have time to keep up with the latest research, latest developments, and latest treatments. Get a second opinion. And a third. It's what we did. Do whatever it takes.

Most importantly: Do not lose hope.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby PeggyinCT » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 am

Hi Pat, it was so sad to read your post about Dennis. Hopefully the chemo will work and Dennis will have many years to enjoy. Besides he said he would give me a tour of the ranch when I came back. Please give him a hug and tell him I'm coming one of these days. Big hug for you too. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:54 am

Pat, so sorry to hear about Dennis. Keep fighting. You never know when something can being around remission.

Sorry too that I was in town for such a short visit. Maybe on a return trip I can finally meet your little cowboy & hurricane.

Sending prayers & positive thoughts your way.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Pat, sorry to hear about your husband but glad he is responding to his treatment! There is a natural product called "Paw Paw" that is very good to use with chemo to help keep the cancer from reoccurring after remission. Here are a couple of links for more information...
http://pawpawresearch.com/pawpawworks.html

https://www.outsmartyourcancer.com/paw- ... mdr-cells/

It is good to check out all the options available.

Glad to hear the other areas of your life are going well, with the grands and your upcoming trip.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I will be thinking of you and Dennis and family. Research and keep moving on. I hear there are some products now available in "some" states, that make the effects of chemo less disturbing to the body...and mind.

And, yes, I will remind traveling folks that stops in either Avon, SD, or Carbondale, IL, even for an overnight, are wonderful opportunities for adventures in friendships....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby MandysMom » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Cannabis is a miracle for people in cancer treatment! It helps Mel's pain, nausea, and overall attitude as well as being anti cancer. We both believe it should not be smoked but ingested. Send me a PM for specific suggestions. I just made a batch of cannabis oil two days ago which can be put in capsules, taken orally by syringes or rubbed on skin. In my view (which has changed completely since Nursing school where I was lied to and fed propaganda) cannabis is a very good tool for people in treatment for many conditions. I'm still on the fence over CBD oil made from Hemp as I truly believe in the synergistic effect from whole plant preparations including varying levels of THC (depending on condition).
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Bringing up the campfire cause its too late for coffee.
No rabbits for me this time. Was meeting day for work, oh so boring 6 hours of routine procedure reminders. Felt bad for the girls at home so used to me being around. They did fine, and in fact Little Abby was beside herself with joy when i got home. They ran out and p'd, got their treat and we went to nap and cool off. Abby wasnt having it, she was in my face with kisses.
Off to get a few errands done now befof Big Brother comes on. Im so hungry for fried chicken, a stop in the deli dept is on my list.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Pat -just saw news about husband. Sending good wishes and hugs for both of you.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby snowball » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 am

Sarah you aren't the only one not sure how I missed your post Pat and all the rest following it what an oversight. I am glad that he is responding to the treatment....and what everyone else said to do..my brother has been battling some blood cancer can never remember which one but he is on the mend finally had his stem cell treatment seems to be doing well so have lots of hope...
sounds like you are super busy the kids grow up so fast school again??? how old is Bronc?
again thoughts and prayers for you Pat and your husband
Sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:16 pm

I would have been happy to send done of the rains we've gotten on SD to other areas this summer. It's sad to know farmers with the fires are hurting and farmers with the extra rains are hurting, too. We probably will be seeing higher produce prices.

I went to Sam's Club this morning. I used the website and placed an order for what the store needed. First time trying that. There were some delays picking up and paying but, while frustrating, it was still faster. Loaded that cart in my rv then went back to purchase for myself. I used my list and stuck with it... Was much easier not doing both together. My fridge and freezer are full. I need to see about rearranging the freezer so that I can repackage some fresh ingredients and freeze.

It's hot here now, so not planning to do anything unnecessary.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Colliemom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Kudos to you for sticking to your list Beth! Most of us tend to stray :lol: I dropped my Sam’s membership after dad passed away. Nearest one is 60 miles away and I don’t need to buy in bulk just for myself. Cost more in gas and the membership for me, then I would buy.

Now that the.ost wallet episode is over, I am enjoying this trip again. Miss my credit card, but new one will be waiting in mail when I get home. Would be nice if some Good Samaratian would have found the wallet and mailed that too. Having to run 3 hours home and. Then back again was a bit of a pain, but within 2 hours of getting there, went to bank, Secretary of State, home, made couple of calls, was all set and back on the road. Other than medical cards, drivers license and credit card, I don’t carry anything of value that neds replacing. Stopped carrying my SS card years ago as never ned it. If I do, I make sure to take it. Medicare is sending new cards, so not going to ask for replacement. National Parks Pass will need replacing, but don’t need it anymore this year. Maybe I’ll think of something else later on that was in it.

Changing sites to my reserved site tomorrow. Been on a walk in since Wednesday. Too close to road that everybody has to use going in and out this part of park. Be glad to get on the other site and be back farther from road. Too much traffic especially today with people leaving and coming in. Peak vacation time.

Guess I had better get some supper going here.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk