Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Good to hear from you Ava! Have been wondering what you've been up to lately! Hope you can everything fixed/replaced and get a fun little road trip in soon!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:00 pm

I hope that you can as well..
I see you posting about stuff you have been doing on FB sounds like you have accomplished a lot...
hope you can get the generator fixed so you can spend more time out in the desert with us this winter
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:10 am

Ava, it's so good to see you pop in. Ive missed you. We had a very warm day at 98 for several hours but I sat on swing a while after temp dropped to mid 80's. It's nice to be outside. velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:03 am

Good to see you Alice. Don't be a stranger!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:48 pm

When I WAS A KID, I wanted to be older. This shit isn’t what I expected! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Shirlv » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:27 pm

Lol, Lyn, I feel your pain.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Like they say "growing old ain't for sissies!" Lol!

How are you doing Lyn??
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Just stoking the fire~~~it was on page 2!

I've been wandering around the Ozarks for the last month and will be in Arkansas tomorrow for a few weeks. Luckily, it seems I'm following the 70° map for now and hope it stays that way. Been getting into the 40-50° range and night. Thank goodness for space heaters! My propane regulator went kaput and bought a new one today but not installed yet.

Seems like this trip south is a repair trip. First a fix on the trailer wheel bearing. :x They were all repacked in IL. Then during oil change on the Ford last week, they couldn't rotate the tires because the last place over torqued the lug nuts. Thankfully I already had an appointment in AR this week Wednesday to install an access cover under the engine block that fell apart (heavy duty cardboard type), that they had in stock, so called an added the lug nuts to that appointment. That will be a long, expensive day I'm sure.

But the weather is beautiful! And I'm thankful about getting out of the Ozarks as pretty as they are. To many hills and curves makes a short 30 mile drive take up to an hour, and that's minus the trailer. :lol:

Nite, nite from Missouri.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby snowball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:58 pm

every time someone goes in that area I think that sounds so pretty.... I would like to say one day but would believe it when I saw it...... think I've been in parts of the Ozarks but not having much recollection. When we lived in Iowa we had a neighbor that joined the army and we helped move his family to there wherever there was :lol: and quite frankly don't remember a lot of it..although I wish we had keep up with them who knows where they are...
sorry you are having problems with your rigs... some people don't know there own strength especially with a torque ... :roll:
are you going to make it to Q at all this year?
sheila
snowball

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:06 pm

snowball wrote:...are you going to make it to Q at all this year?
sheila

Not sure yet about Q. I've only planned thru the holidays so far, but can't make up my mind about heading west or trying to do Galveston area and Big Bend NP this year or not.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Just stoking the fire again before it disappears to page 2, and since it's almost 4pm here in Texas.

My Itty bitty news today is I headed east to Burton, Texas yesterday. I'll be back in Livingston next week for 2 weeks to deal with yearly stuff, and to report to jury duty, IF they have it going again since when I was originally called, they canceled March and April.

Took a ride to the 'ghost town' of a Independence, Texas today. Lots of history there, where Sam Houston converted to Baptist, and the original location of Baylor Colleges. Seperate campuses for male and female. Also, Sam Houston's wife is buried there. She died of yellow fever, so she was not transported to where Sam is buried.

That's my news from windy, central/eastern Texas.
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:10 pm

I went down to Bella Vista, AR with a friend once to visit her parents. We all went to Eureka Springs one day which was a really cute town. My friend and I both got car sick on the way there and back because of all the hilly and twisty roads. That part wasn't too fun.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:32 pm

at my sister's which are are ok there will just be 4 haven't gone anywhere... although probably will need to on my way home will need diesel it is on it's way up dang.... higher here in Vegas than in the Q area ...
My sister has 2 dogs which is pretty much overwhelming to Shadow brought him back into the room we are sleeping in she is in the process of redoing her floors... what a process that is ... no carpet on the floor which is good other than it is cooler and Vegas right now it's overly hot...looks like I need to plug in the computer..
made a pie crust but nephew has decided to cook about the time I was planning on getting it out of the fridge and making the pie hopefully I got the crust moist enough the tip was if it stayed together when you pinched it together it had enough water in and it did but it sure doesn't look like it :roll: ... not sure what he is making but when he decides to cook it usually is good... also need to get the salad made so it can set up and going to make a cranberry sauce...
the main meal is coming from Marie Callendar but wanted to add some sides to it
sheila
snowball

Postby Shirlv » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 am

Spring is in the air.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby snowball » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:33 pm

it sure is then it does an about face... today coolish and windy if not for the wind wouldn't have been bad... sure to windy for a campfire in real time
sheila
snowball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk