Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Just stoking the fire.

I think Spring is here even though < 1" of snow is expected tonight. Saw Robins today! The first sign of Spring. 2 at work and about a dozen in the back yard when I got home.
YIPPEE!!!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:45 am

Boy Cheryl, you certainly do have hitch itch. You will be rolling as soon as you can. I know you need to take advantage of time while you have it. Your busy time is coming up at work.

I would love nothing more to uncover and dewinterize mine too. But first need to have snow go and weather to stay warm. That's usually May around here. At least for above freezing at night anyway. This year looks like we might have an early spring but will see. I've seen it do this and really turn out nice and I've seen it turn ugly too.

Been looking at some places in NW WI for possible little trip. Lots of waterfalls etc. bit too far north for a GTG in fall though as too far for others to come up. Need someplace more central like last year.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:35 am

Darn! I totally forgot yesterday was the Day of the Great Command! I was going to tell Wm to "march forth!" all day long. :lol:

Oh well. Next year!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby dpf » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:06 pm

Beautiful 75* day...what should I do? Well of course.....go check the cattle with daddy and see how many new calves we have.

My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby JudyJB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Cute! He's got a little growing into the saddle to do, but he will get there.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:57 am

He's growing into his name. :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:53 am

Never too early to teach him the family industry.....Go Cowboy!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Colliemom » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:48 am

What a cute pic. He will be riding and roping in no time.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:53 am

O my goodness ~ how adorable! Suddenly I'm hearing the Bonanza theme song. Ride 'em Bronc!
(um where's his cowboy hat? :P )
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby avalen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:58 am

Awwww how adorable
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Redetotry » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:41 am

Great picture!! He will be climbing on that pony by himself before long and won't need a saddle.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bikerchic777 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Colliemom wrote:Boy Cheryl, you certainly do have hitch itch. You will be rolling as soon as you can. I know you need to take advantage of time while you have it. Your busy time is coming up at work.

I would love nothing more to uncover and dewinterize mine too. But first need to have snow go and weather to stay warm. That's usually May around here. At least for above freezing at night anyway. This year looks like we might have an early spring but will see. I've seen it do this and really turn out nice and I've seen it turn ugly too.

Been looking at some places in NW WI for possible little trip. Lots of waterfalls etc. bit too far north for a GTG in fall though as too far for others to come up. Need someplace more central like last year.

Sue, I will be workamping at Deer Trail Park Campground, in Nekoosa, WI. Maybe we can have a GTG there 8-)
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby bikerchic777 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:02 pm

snowball wrote:Linda I think you ought to post pictures of your bedroom...bed in particular :) if I was in AZ I'd take a peek at it
did it add much weight to your rig?
sheila

I will be posting pics on FB, soon. I have a few finishing touches left to do, but I'm loving it! The bed is metal frame and I ordered it on Walmart.com. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Boyd-Eco-Lux- ... e/21389110. It was very simple to assemble and is pretty lightweight. In fact, Ken and I removed a few nuts and bolts so it would bend around the corner and stowed it in the living room while I added another coat of paint and put flooring in the bedroom. I chose a bed without a headboard, as I have a window above my bed and cupboards above. In hindsight, maybe a low headboard would have been nice, as my pillow sometimes tries to escape, between the bed and wall, during the night.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:08 pm

I just posted a pic of Martha, Peggy and Caroline in the gtg pics thread. Peg knows how to eat well, doesn't she :-) Or, I guess I should say we women do a good job of finding good food to gtg lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 pm

Peggy had me on a mission to find canned figs. I now know where to find some. I bought Harold a jar too and he ate half a pint the first day. She should be good in the bean department for a while. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk