Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:50 pm

I laugh that in past years they used lighter woods and cherry was an upgrade. Now cherry is the norm and lighter the upgrade. One of the selling points to me for my rig was the lighter wood. I'm happy with the neutral colors add I can throw any colors in. Unfortunately when I purchased curtains I stuck with neutral because they matched the shades, which I'm now replacing! But I use a colorful Mexican blanket for my divider to my cab and some colorful blankets/throws. After seeing someone so painted her metal stove cover a bright yellow, I'm looking at following suit. I'm not good at decorating but think I could do that pretty painlessly.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
Acadianmom wrote:...It's going to be a long weekend for me, no TV. There are too many trees for the satelite and nothing over the air.

Martha, do you have a DVR receiver?
I load mine up with tons of movies and other programs (Discovery ID) for just those completely television-free moments you described.

Mitch how do you get your DVR to work when you have no satellite signal to access your DVR?

thanks
Karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:25 pm

The only DVR we have is in the living room and it's full of rodeos. I would probably have to bring tech support to get something like that to play. :lol: People are always telling me about streaming movies and that kind of thing but I never have a good enough signal to even watch a video on Facebook.

The interior of my motorhome is white. It's so small that if it had the dark wood I think it would feel like a cave. One of the ladies here has redone the interior of an Airstream and it is beautiful. She tiled the table and cabinets to match. Some people are so talented. I would never have thought of things like that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:16 am

OregonLuvr wrote:Mitch how do you get your DVR to work when you have no satellite signal to access your DVR?

I have Directv, so I don't know about Dish.
I also have a Winegard Carryout antenna.

I need to verify this information I'm about to type, and I will as soon as it warms up outside.

Previously, I could NOT get the Direcdtv DVR to work unless the antenna was hooked up.
Can't recall the error message the receiver gave me, but like all the shows showed ZERO minutes long...

Then, I discovered the DVR would function if, on the receiver, I had a cable screwed in to the SAT IN hole (didn't need the antenna hooked up on the other end.)

What I want to verify is if perhaps the software has changed and the receiver can now be used with nothing connected to it.

Ya know - I can go test that right now - trailer DVR is here in the house, keeping warm. I'll report back in a little while!

That's a roger, Roger.
Over and Out.
mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:36 am

Okay, so test completed, and much to my satisfaction, worked like a charm.

I hooked up the trailer's Directv DVR receiver to a spare television here in the house using an HDMI cable.
I did NOT test with any other type of connection between the television and the receiver.
I did NOT have any cable in the receiver's SAT IN hole(s).

Receiver started to boot, and I gave it a chance to reach the point where it says "SEARCHING FOR SATELLITE SIGNAL" (of course there wasn't a signal to be had).

Hit the EXIT key, then hit MENU >PLAYLIST.
Up popped all my previously recorded programs.
First one was Survivor, so I hit PLAY and thar she blows - Jeff Probst in The Nap Room...

Voila.
mitch5252

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:41 am

The only drawback is not being able to resume a show if you stop it before the end. I do what Mitch described all the time when boondocking.
Anita
chalet05

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:57 pm

chalet05 wrote:The only drawback is not being able to resume a show if you stop it before the end. I do what Mitch described all the time when boondocking.

So, let's say I don't watch Survivor all the way to the end, I can't go back and finish it at a later time or date?
I guess I'm not understanding (BAD grammar) what you mean...

mitch5252

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Thanks Mitch I will have to try this for sure. I have a mounted rooftop dish. I have DirecTV so your instructions should work for me.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:49 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Thanks Mitch I will have to try this for sure. I have a mounted rooftop dish. I have DirecTV so your instructions should work for me.

karen

I'm wondering if it's model specific?
We'll find out when you give it a try!

mitch5252

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:05 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
chalet05 wrote:The only drawback is not being able to resume a show if you stop it before the end. I do what Mitch described all the time when boondocking.

So, let's say I don't watch Survivor all the way to the end, I can't go back and finish it at a later time or date?
I guess I'm not understanding (BAD grammar) what you mean...

Mitch, it will be there but you have to start the show over and fast forward to where you left off.
Anita
chalet05

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:54 am

chalet05 wrote:...Mitch, it will be there but you have to start the show over and fast forward to where you left off.

Gotcha!
Thanks.
mitch5252

Postby JudyJB » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm

My grandkids have grown up in such a different time than I did. They get frustrated that I won't pause my TV for them to run to the bathroom or get a snack in my RV. They assume that all TVs are pausable since that is what they have at home!

On the other hand, both of my kids and their families have TV systems in their homes with multiple changers. If I watch the kids while the parents go out for the evening, basically I cannot figure out which changer to use and how to change channels because while they are gone, they are also recording programs. So mostly I just start pushing buttons until something works or the whole system goes down. :o
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Judy, I know how you feel. I was house sitting, dogs and I in the rig out front, but went in to watch a show and it was half over by the time I figured out the remotes. I didn't get a dvr with my new satellite. I'll eventually use the satellite and the old fashioned way. There's nothing so important to me to see. Not saying nice, but would make me more of a couch potato than I want be. (Or already am.)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:20 pm

I have a plain, "old fashioned" dvd player that is hooked up only to my TV, so I can play stuff. I suppose I could hook it up to my satellite somehow, but I really do not care to record stuff. I just use it to play DVD tapes I buy so I have something to watch when I can't get a satellite signal.

I am afraid if I tried to get it hooked up to DISH, I would not be able to work it!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Umm plain old DVD PLAYER won't record no matter how you hook it up. Just saying. We don't record from tv either.
Velda
MandysMom

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk