Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:18 am

Beth, I once got kicked out of a RV group primarily populated by men because they were making all kinds of nasty remarks to each other, when I made a remark about toning down the rhetoric, " you all sound like you have PMS"! I was actually relieved because I could not get even a simple answer because of the bickering. They called me sexist, while they were all slinging 4 letter words back and forth. So I definately know what you mean about trying to get an answer.
Sunny and 60 here today ER make that yesterday. Started raining about 11:30 pm.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:26 pm

gypsyrose1126 wrote:Shelia -- It's Kilz that you were trying to remember --- Many of the paints now have a primer built into it, which is what my daughter & I used to paint their house. Worked really well. But if you had any water stains, I would definitely use some kilz, which is a primer and blocks stains.

no water stains yet but who knows when I get back into it...the only issue that I see is what looks like glue spots hard to explain...
then the other is what color to paint it :roll:
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:50 pm

Well, I bought that new satellite and started to set it up today, but got interrupted. Then I decided to see what I could get with my antenna. Hahahaha, two Spanish speaking stations and NBC. This is the first time I've even put up the antenna since I purchased the rig almost two years ago. I'll discover what's on NBC tonight.

I may go back to seeing up the satellite tomorrow or not.

I couldn't figure out why my left leg was acting up today. Then I remembered Peaches and I hiked in the rocks yesterday. I did some crawling and squeezing and stretching, etc. I guess one muscle is remembering it with less glee than the rest. There's no official trails, so we got into some interesting places. Or I did. I swear Peaches is part goat.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 am

I used Glidden 2 in 1 paint, from Walmart. It has the primer in it. I didn't have any water damage and it turned out nice. My only regret is that I bought too much...haha! A little goes a long way. I tried taping, but ended up free handing it. If I concentrate, I can do pretty well on the edges. I do store things under my bed. With the free standing frame, it's easier for me to access things, rather than lift up that heavy mattress, on the hydraulic thing. Mine wouldn't stay up, so had to prop it up. I worried it would fall on my head! Got the bedroom emptied and ready to rip out the carpet, now. Wish me luck!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:42 am

Linda I think you ought to post pictures of your bedroom...bed in particular :) if I was in AZ I'd take a peek at it
did it add much weight to your rig?
sheila
snowball

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:58 am

Fun getting older, huh Beth. That's when the ol' bod starts telling us stuff like sore and aching muscles, bones getting out of whack etc. etc.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby snowball » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:06 pm

do you ever start thinking about something and can't get it out of your mind?? I have right now I'm fixated on King Cake!!!
so tomorrow I'm going to try it...
so those that have been to NO and tried what is your favorite filling?
is the recipe for King Cake important or would following tried and true sweet roll recipe work?
to me it sounds like cinnamon rolls jazzed up and in a ring instead of pieces
last question is this: Cinnamon is it on the 'cake' with the filling or just when it is cinnamon sugar?
it seems like each one I checked on You Tube was different and authentic :lol: :lol:
one had sour cream in the dough others did not anyone know what is best?
and it looks awfully sweet with all the frosting and then the sprinkles on top of it but guess if I'm doing a King cake best
do it the whole way :roll:
will let you know how it works out
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Sheila, you should be at the campout with me. One of the ladies brough a King Cake from the bakery I like. Since we just finished off 2 at home I passed. :lol: Every bakery has their own recipe and way to make them so there are no telling how many you can find. Some are baked and some are fried like donuts. I think if you make it like cinnamon roll dough and make a circle. I have seen some made like that and sliced part of the way through on top so it kind of opens up. I would think you would put the cinnamon on the dough and then roll it up. They are awfully sweet with the filling and the icing. Not all of them have the filling.

I headed out on Wednesday to try to get ahead of the rain. I camped at the South end of the lake last night and came the rest of the way today. The storm came through this afternoon and now it's getting cold. One of the ladies brough a lot of fire wood. I sat out for a while but it is just too cold for me. Now I'm sitting with my electric blanket on me. It's going to be a long weekend for me, no TV. There are too many trees for the satelite and nothing over the air. I would have thought we could get Shreveport stations but we can't. I had to get out my 12 volt radio. The only other time I have ever used it is when I camped on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:17 am

Acadianmom wrote:...It's going to be a long weekend for me, no TV. There are too many trees for the satelite and nothing over the air.

Martha, do you have a DVR receiver?
I load mine up with tons of movies and other programs (Discovery ID) for just those completely television-free moments you described.
mitch5252

Postby Azusateach » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:27 am

Martha, the other thing you could try in the future is to load shows on a computer or tablet. I do that, and can hook it up to my TV when we don't have any satellite reception. But fortunately that doesn't happen very often. Don't know what I'd do without being able to watch "Sunday Morning" before heading home. :roll:
Azusateach

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:47 am

I went to a small RV show yesterday and poked around. Lots of nice rigs, but waaaay to much brown and beige. My hands itched for a paintbrush! :lol:

I dragged eb along since he loves looking at houses. He really liked the big rigs! No surprises there.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:03 pm

All the RV manufacturers seem to have color-blind designers who can only see shades of brown and grey! I know neutral appeals to more people, but you are right that we humans need to look at a few splashes of red, bright blue, green, or yellow occasionally.

I use bright yellow towels and rug in my bathroom to brighten it up. Used to have a red rug for living room, but now have only teal rug.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Birdie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Back 8-10 years ago, the manufacturers used the gray blue combination! Awful to try and brighten that up. The beige can be popped with color a bit easier. I go for the red accents mostly.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:35 pm

And for the past decade, the RV designers have been into "wood" stuff--most of it really not wood, but looking like wood. And they seem to prefer cherry and walnut and other dark colors. I would really prefer lighter woods and paneling that is brighter and more easily cleanable, and most importantly, does not peel off like paper because it IS paper!!

In other words, less fake stuff and more real stuff that is practical. Also, not so much dark.

And can we find and dismember the people who think we like that incredibly cheap, horrible beige carpeting??? They cannot really convince me that there are no other solutions for slides and other such surfaces. I can easily throw a rug or two down if I want a soft surface on the floor, but I cannot afford to have all of that horrible carpeting removed and replaced. :x

(OK, I suppose the wood is better than the older, overdone mirrors and shiny marble-like surfaces everywhere.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby gingerK » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:45 pm

The dark woods are the fashion in new homes too; it's been this way for the past 5-7 yrs. Guess I'm lucky Angel is so old and has colors (blues and greens my faves) and real, light wood cabinetry. I even have light green carpeting!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk