Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi ladies. 5:00 p.m. in the Chitown suburbs, but thought I would stoke the campfite, I came outside with the dogs and got Goosebumps from the breeze.

Busy week this week, Zorro has to go to the vet tomorrow for prescription refills, Wednesday is a Chiropractic appointment for me as well as packing & laundry for my trip to meet friends up near Galena.

Decided to take some more trips from the Galena area and heading up into Wisconsin to COE a park for 5 nights. And then up to the UP border to visit a retired friend from work for about a week. All in all will be gone about 2 1/2 weeks. Dad can have his house back-to himself for a while.

Did some more organization in Colt yesterday, and another trip to Goodwill to drop-off some more donations of things I just threw in the camper from the sale of the house. So I think the camper is just about ready to full time in. Target date for full time is still open but am hoping for October.

That's it from here hope everyone is safe and happy where-ever you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:22 pm

have fun!!! where are you going to head to when you full time?
sheila
snowball

Postby OTW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:52 am

IrishRoamed -- reading that sentence, " So I think the camper is just about ready to full time in. Target date for full time is still open but am hoping for October." made me sooooo envious!! But with a smile on my face kind of envy. Very happy for you to have gotten everything liquidated enough to write that, and I found it very encouraging! I am counting the days (months actually) to be able to write that also. This will be an exciting time for you and I look forward to reading your progress from this point. Yay!!
OTW

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Yay!!!! October will be here before ya know it
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:26 pm

No full days off for me... But I only put in about 3 or 3 1/2 hours today. I'm doing nothing lol. I may go up the chair lift yet this afternoon... Or may not lol The 69 degrees it's supposed to be right now is only 62... So my door is open but I'm wearing my sweatshirt. If the sun peeks out more and the temp goes up a tad more, then maybe. But it feels good doing nothing.

If all goes well, I'll only work 4 hours/day on Saturday and Sunday. I don't count on that until it happens :) Sturgis is not really busy as I'd like, but we are shorthanded... In a couple weeks I'll be trying to figure out where to put everyone as I start gearing down, down, down. Summer's quickly ending.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 pm

you know how things are going well then a whammy???? that was today!!! was making soup for supper looking pretty good phone rings it's mom well she calls so infrequently enough that I don't ignore it... :) so she proceeds to tell that my brother (I'm the eldest he is the next there was a total of 7) anyway she tells
me that Charles was in the hospital with kidney failure....what says I??? yesterday he was building a shed for my mom or at least supervising his back has been bothering him and been treated for that S.....nerve... so anyway mom said that his kids were going to e-mail but she thought she would let me know what she knew thinking it was probably more than what they would tell...wrong that sciatic nerve problem turned out to be some cancer...can't remember the name of it....and the kidney failure is way out of bounds can't remember the numbers but not good...what a way to end the day then I find out my grandson got glass in his eye yesterday...but he is ok just talked to him...and how was your day???
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Wow Sheila, I would agree, a whammy for you today. So sorry to hear about your brother.
Thankful the glass in the eye is no longer an issue
Will be sending good thoughts your way.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:11 am

Sheila, so sorry to hear about your brother. I sent you a PM. Your brother will be in my prayers.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 am

Holding you in my thoughts Sheila. As we get older we pick up that "respect" for unexpected phone calls.....we have all received them and watched parts ( and sometimes all) of our world change in an instance. :?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 am

Sheila, sorry to hear about your brother. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:31 pm

Sheila, I'm so sorry to hear this news about your brother. Thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad to hear your grandson is okay. That was scary!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Prayers for your brother ....
grammynmaggie

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Sheila, sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he can be treated and recover OK.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm

thank you all we are still waiting on tests to be ran...or rather to be finished and then
the results given. last update was this am his kidneys are doing better but not good enough yet
one hates hearing the numbers but when you do hear them you get a sense of what to expect...we have
not heard the numbers yet..he is on a lot of steroid guess that is the go to med for this type of cancer...
it is not what we expected to say the least....
sheila
snowball

Postby Colliemom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Sheila, so sorry to hear her of your brothers issues. Here's hoping and praying that they will find the right source of treatments. My neighbor also has cancer in the sacrum area. Multiple myeloma. Just started chemo treatments this week.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk