Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm not old, I'm not old, I'm not old :roll: I just don't like getting on here and whining about health issues, like an old lady :? I took the Prednisone for 2 full days. Couldn't sleep the night before I went back to work, so that is a no go for this lightweight!!! Stopped taking that crap! Dr had said to stop if it did that to me. Ear never cleared up, so called Dr on Mon and they got me worked in that day. Had to take off early from work and take a half point, or whatever it is. Got to see the other ENT's son and liked him much better. He said I could take more drugs and wait or put a tube in my eardrum. I said TUBE! He said he though I would say that :lol: He numbed it. Why does numbing always hurt? He poked a hole in my eardrum and suctioned out a lot of fluid from behind it. He said there was a lot and could see why I couldn't hear. That was the loudest thing I've ever heard :shock: No miraculous results, but he said it would continue to drain and make weird popping noises, etc. It has been very weird! I even ducked, on my way home from work, yesterday, thinking there was loud thunder :o It was just my ear! It is still ringing and feeling plugged! I just don't understand. I think that Dr is in the office, tomorrow, so will call...again....if it doesn't clear up. Still taking the antibiotics. Cough is gone. Feel pretty good, otherwise.

They offered the CamperForce a transfer to Jeffersonville, IN for the rest of peak. They have tried to make it tempting, but I'm staying put. May be more profitable for couples, with the extra bonus they offered, but just not worth it for this gal. Maybe, now that they said we could choose our own cg and they would reimburse us, but I know what a hassle that will be to get paid. Then, they will screw it up and tax it or something. It won't be smooth, I guarantee. Just not worth the trouble for a month.

Barbie....Weather report, please! We even have the 4 letter word in our forecast....YIKES!!!

Actively searching for my summer workamping job, out west, so if you hear of anything good, let me know!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby MandysMom » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:18 pm

So sorry your ear is still a problem. I had wondered. I watched my husband have a PE tube put in his ear drum a year ago. I cringed watching, and I'm a nurse. It was painful he said even though numbed because they could numb the ear drum but not walls of the canal and the instruments brushing against the canal hurt. But that tube is still working a year later. Not that much help for husband because most of his problem is nerve damage but at least it relieved pressure. Hope you feel better soon. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:04 pm

bikerchic777 wrote:

Barbie....Weather report, please! We even have the 4 letter word in our forecast....YIKES!!!

Actively searching for my summer workamping job, out west, so if you hear of anything good, let me know!

Linda, we got missed by the big storm. Just got a few inches here, but just 30 miles north, they got 16"! Now it is just cold! Not ready for winter! ACK!!

I thought you were staying at the RV park in Apache Junction with Ken? Did that fall thru?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:15 pm

I am freezing my tush off in Vicksburg, MS. Now isn't that really weird??? :shock:

I was headed this way because it was supposed to be warm. Anyway, last campground I wisely filled my water tanks with fresh water and dumped my grey and black ones. It is 43 here as I write this (5:00 pm CST) and they have insulated all the water faucets, but it is expected to go down to freezing tonight, so I did not put my water hose out or hook up to sewer. Supposed to go down to 27 tomorrow night!

Not only am I wearing long pants and a long-sleeved shirt, but I got out my warmer jacket and even wore a sweatshirt under it today. Got both furnaces and my electric heater going right now--could really use some serious insulation in this thing.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Barbie, she said "summer" job - Apache Junction is winter!

I went to work today - now 4 more works and then I will be on the road in this cold, cold weather. Hopefully it'll be a tad better. But because it won't get up to freezing my then, I'm not going to enjoy the 12 or so miles I'll be driving on the icy gravel before I get to the good roads. Luckily they aren't heavily traveled and I'll just go very, very slow. Then speed up to try to get far enough south to hit somewhere with day time temps that at least get above freezing before stopping my first night.

Ava, I highly recommend you get in the habit of cleaning the litter box daily. Cats HATE dirty litter boxes - and are more apt to do things you won't like if they feel it's not clean enough. AND it's a lot easier to just scoop up a bit each day than doing it when it gets more in it. Just a suggestion. Barbie's suggestion is a good one.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:16 pm

my neighbors getting ready to pull out, think in the morning. I'll miss them, they've been great neighbors but the wife had
to go back home for elderly fathers health, etc and their in the middle of buying a house here. Guess he's going back to get her and then the house closing in Dec 1. I feel kinda sad they are going but glad they found the house they wanted but too bad
the father got sick. Its one of those things where you meet someone for a little while and totally click but then life goes on. :(
The empty spot probably won't be empty for long.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Barbie, she said "summer" job - Apache Junction is winter!

oops! :oops: I just think of the southwest as perpetual summer all year long! She usually goes north for the real "summer".

Ava, maybe you can still keep in touch with those people once they get moved into their new house since they will be in the same area.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby gingerK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:14 am

Ava, how about walking both dogs together? I'll bet Maggie would learn from Scout to be happier about going for her walks.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:47 am

gingerK wrote:Ava, how about walking both dogs together? I'll bet Maggie would learn from Scout to be happier about going for her walks.

nope, Maggie is not a social personality like Scout. When the two are together she thinks she has back up and is worse cause then Scout thinks he HAS to be her back up. Makes for an unpleasant walk. I only do that when we're outside the fence cause theirs not as many dogs out there walking.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bikerchic777 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Yes, Barbie...the plan is still to stay with Ken, in AJ. I'm actually thinking of trying to sell Myrtle and Penny, while staying with him. I'm thinking of buying a truck and fiver or TT. I was planning to do some upgrades and maintenance on Myrtle, so I would have to keep her for awhile, after investing the money in her. I have been thinking of a change, since I am usually parked for several months at a time. Makes more sense than keeping up two vehicles, basically. Let's hope it goes as planned and that I can get enough for Myrtle and Penny to get what I want.

My foot is better, so I got my restriction lifted at work, so I could put in for a transfer to Jeffersonville, IN. Yep! I'm moving, again :lol: They need extra help for peak and asked for 100 CamperForce to come up from here, to help out. They offered us an additional bonus to go, but wasn't really worth the hassle, so decided not to go.....UNTIL.....they upped the ante! I couldn't ignore that, especially since I missed some days for Jeremy's wedding and then getting sick. I'm working here on Saturday, then going up on Sunday. We start on Tuesday. A bunch of my friends are going, too, so should be fun! We will all work the same shift, so will make it easier to do things together. We will be scattered between 3 campgrounds, though. It is a newer FC and all apparel, so hoping that makes it easier to pick. I'm hoping the cg owners will let me leave Myrtle parked there, when we finish, so I can go to my DM's for Christmas (weather permitting).

My ear is a bit better, but still not hearing the best. Been using antibiotic ear drops 2x/day and praying. I finished my Cephalexin. My bullseye rash seems to be almost cleared up, so hoping that means that, if I did have Lyme Disease, the antibiotic killed it. Shingles almost cleared up, too. Sure hope 2015 is a healthy year 8-)

Well, I'm off for the next two days, but better get to bed, as I have a lot to do to get ready to move. My space heaters seem to be keeping up with the arctic blast. Got a little snow, here, and some is still in the grass. Supposed to warm up a bit, so will make moving easier. Just hope it doesn't storm on Sunday.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Wow Linda, sounds like you've got lots of things coming up. Glad you are feeling better. Hope the weather isn't too bad for your trip north and also while you are parked up there. Sounds like a good move! A new rig sounds good too!

I am already getting "SAD" here with this horrid weather! It is going to be a very long, miserable winter! Wish I could afford to be a snowbird!

I want to make a run to Walmart tomorrow but will have to wait and see on the weather. Supposed to get an inch of snow overnight with high winds tomorrow, and the nearest WM is quite a ways out of town in the country so with the snow blowing around, the drive might be bad, so will have to see what happens. Even an inch of snow can wreak havoc with high winds. I don't need anything bad enough to take any chances. I have plenty of things I can do around here all day. :roll:

Need to throw some more logs on the fire and get it roaring to warm us all up!!! Some cocoa and Baileys would be good too! Mmmm, maybe I should make some right now...

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:26 pm

wow Linda..but aren't you going the wrong way???? Hope you can sell your rig that would be good for you it sounds like
lots here in the season for sale ....
Be safe as you travel
so right now things are looking up...the generator is working the inverters just needed charged...and finally the fire place is working
so am warmer...by lots...and going to pick up the truck on Thurs...
saw the nekked guy entertaining tonight clothed of course...he knows how to entertain
he is still a character though....
he will be putting on a concert in Feb not sure of the dates though but here that he is really good
he had a daughter that died at a young age and as built a memorial garden for her this was a benefit for that
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:40 am

After midnight. New weather forecast says 28 or hard freeze tonight so I just got out of bed, put on warm clothes, and went out to unhook and drain water hose. Tanks are fine because furnaces vent down there, and they are running tonight for sure!!!

Beautiful view of billions of bright stars on a dark night outside though. Amazing. :)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:53 am

I must duck away from this warm fire in a little bit. I have another doctor appointment this morning but am hoping, if the tires aren't frozen to the driveway :roll: , that Remi and Audrey and I will head off in the the rig towards Savannah for a few days. Figure I should be able to make it at least as far as Racoon Valley north of Knoxville. I don't mind driving later into the evening when I know where I am going to land.

The Pottery man has a class to teach on Thursday night. Since he started teaching the class after I made the reservations in Savannah to start on Friday, he is on his own to make it down the road and catch up with me. We only had time for three days in GA before heading back up to spend Thanksgiving with daughter Kate in Charlotte, NC, and I really don't want to miss any of it. :) Those of you who know me, know that I don't travel with the Pottery man, so this will be interesting. :shock: Stuart said he would stay behind with his mother so I would only have two puppers to walk. I am used to shuffling dogs back and forth on their walks but the Pottery man not so much. Daisy and Izzy went home to Louisville Monday to their new house but seemed to recognize their couches and their Pappa Bill and Mamma Lyn right away. The house here was much quieter yesterday! :lol: I am looking forward to spending some one on one time with Audrey. All dogs need that from time to time and she has been sharing her space with the pack for this last month. And Remi promised as usual to be sure to keep my bed warm.

And I even remembered to pack the Mexican bowls and the blanket I bought last winter for my daughter. :)

(An aside regarding Remi.... His annual blood work showed up positive for Lyme last week. He has shown no symptoms and his urine, when tested, was normal so at this point we are watching and monitoring. His vet figured that he would have been affected in the last 6 months..... If he demonstrates any lameness or change of appetite, we will go ahead with the blood work....she said he may revert to negative within a year or may remain positive from now on....)

I have a few days of work scheduled for the first of December and then I will sit back and watch the weather and see how long I have to wait around through the rest of my appointments...
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gingerK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:01 am

Tina, Carrie's dog Willy also tested positive for Lymes disease. The vet said it could just be that he was exposed to the virus and didn't actually have the disease but they put him on antibi's anyway to be safe. They also said he will probably test positive the rest of his life.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk