Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 pm

That's pretty close!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby avalen » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm

great information
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Well, I can understand why you thought it was from Iowa...It is God's country, you know ;) Don't know of any wild bison roaming the plains, there, though. See some on farms. Someone had some where I walked, in TX. last winter. Love them! Brutus didn't, though :lol:

We will have many stories, I'm sure, Beth! I do like it, here, but fear it is probably on the chopping block. They legacy FC's seem to be closing. The Kiva is the wave of the future for Amazon. Fernly is moving to Reno in Jan, but hoping they still use CamperForce next year, as I was hoping to work there, then. May have to have a Plan B.

I'm on my 3 days off. Lousy weather, so didn't do much, today. Gave in and took Rags to a local groomer. She is cheap. Works out of her home, so no overhead. I, personally, think I do a better job, but I'm picky. The weather isn't cooperating and I have to do it outside. Had to get him done before my trip to VA, next week. Wasn't sure how he would do, since I've always done it, but he did well. He's such a good boy! My DS's wedding, you know :D Getting my hair highlighted Fri. Wanted to do it tomorrow, as Friday is finally supposed to be nice, but my gal is filling in at Great Clips, tomorrow. They don't color hair, there, as Barbie well knows. Have a lot to do to get ready for my trip, as there never seems to be enough time on work nights. Will have to get my mani/pedi in VA. We get mehndi at the party on Friday night. I'm excited about that :D That's the henna art on your arms and hands. My DS texted me last night and said they have a family dinner planned for Wed. night. Hope I can make it in time. It's a long drive! At least I'm driving Penny and not Myrtle. Do have to make puppy stops, though. It's good for me to stretch, too.

This Ebola thing is a nightmare :x
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 pm

bikerchic777 wrote:

We will have many stories, I'm sure, Beth! I do like it, here, but fear it is probably on the chopping block. They legacy FC's seem to be closing. The Kiva is the wave of the future for Amazon. Fernly is moving to Reno in Jan, but hoping they still use CamperForce next year, as I was hoping to work there, then. May have to have a Plan B.

One reason I'm where I am instead of Amazon is that too many people who have worked both Campbellsville and Fernley say they'd never go back to Fernley. That includes a friend who has worked every Camperforce season. However she there now and will survive. Circumstances forced it on her. Campbellsville is so much better than the others. That said, I hope I can continue not working Amazon anymore. We shall see.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Here seems to be the best place to write this. My son in law has the opinion that the insurance company is correct because of the clauses in the policy. He has a level head and I trust his opinion... We are going to go get the MH on Sat morning... then it will have to be unloaded and I will sell it for what I can get...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Irmi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Kathleen, I am so sorry. I know how much you loved your motorhome. Maybe you can still have a GTG in your area or maybe you'll even find a motorhome you'll want to buy. Whatever happens will be for the best.
Irmi

Postby avalen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:17 pm

:( Kathleen
could your son in law climb up there and take pictures, maybe I can fix it for you, you know I just did mine :P
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Sorry, Kath - so very sorry. But, yes, it's still worth something - do NOT sell it for nothing. The right person will be able to fix it him/herself and you do have such a beautiful home. Meantime, put a tarp over the roof so that no more damage occurs.

I guess we all best read the clauses in our contracts, eh? Someone on FB posted recently that she got a policy on her Vintage Class A with "full coverage" for under $200 a year. Yes, you read that correctly. You know darn well, that full coverage doesn't cover anything, because my bet is her insurance agency isn't considering the rig worth more than that. Several tried to tell her and she's convinced it's because she has such a good driving record. Yet the other company she tried to get insurance from wanted almost $2000. I'm guessing that might be high - but she asked for full coverage and they are an rv specific company and probably were going to give her some real coverage - all this said, we need to know what our coverage really covers.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:54 am

Sarah had asked me for the bacon cookies recipe from the KS gtg. I just posted it in Recipes.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:15 pm

The MH is in my drive way now... my grandson Tim took pictures of it... I now have no gripe with the insurance company as the wood was water damaged badly... it looks like about a 3 foot square or so... glad I did not have to get up on a ladder to see it... I do not know why the adjuster did not take pictures of that damage...
We (well I did not do that much) got everything out of the mh except the basements... can you imagine all the junk in my mobile home!!! My daughter helped me move things around and out of the way...
My son in law and grandson put a tarp over it and secured it down... they also put some cement blocks on the tarp so the wind would not move it...
There is some rippling inside but not much...
There is a possibility of selling it this winter if not I will have to face the spring...
Sorry to burden you all with this mess but I know you all understand...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:40 pm

That's fixable, so don't sell it for nothing! And as Ava said to you on FB, there's always the possibility of it being fixed for you. People have fixed much worse than that!
Beth
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Spent the day in San Francisco with my son and grandkids. Whew! Why is it that I get so tired so fast? Daughter-in-law would have gone if she had not broken her foot falling in her office last Monday. I told her she should not be wearing such high heels, but she loves them!

Anyway, we rode the cable cars and kids enjoyed riding both in the front and in the rear outside with the brakeman. Got out at the Cable Car Museum so kids could see the big wheels that power the cables and keep the cars moving. Riding the cable cars is something I really enjoy and always do when I am there. It was a gorgeous 75 degree day with sunshine and not a cloud in the sky, which is REALLY unusual for San Francisco. We had lunch at the Rainforest Café and I am now home, resting. Got a lot of work to do today, and tomorrow and the next day. I absolutely cannot return papers late because I promised my department chair I would be able to keep up when she asked if I wanted three classes this semester. I give myself a goal of so many every night, but my surgery put me behind as did my daughter-in-law's breaking her foot last week, which meant I had to pick up kids and step in to help every night.

So, enough campfire, and back to work!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Needed a warm campfire, my bones are cold here in Ohio as the seasons are changing. We had a beautiful day last Friday (when Stuart made me take him for a walk) and I had plans on getting out more and maybe even hitting the river but the chilly rainy cloudy stuff moved back in.

Spent 18 hours driving the Honda down to North Carolina and back yesterday, helping a friend deliver a beautiful seven month Springer puppy to his new home. This gentleman had already flown up to Ohio last year ( along with his private dog trainer) and picked up another puppy from her kennel. He was so impressed that he wanted another. Both these boys have made it to doggie nirvana. The last Springer her had would accompany him on his over seas trips to Europe.... :o He didn't want the puppy shipped but paid my friend to deliver him. He wrote her a check for twice the deliver charge she asked......It was neat that he appreciated both her dedication to her dogs and the value of her time. The gentleman has a doctorate in holistic medicine and operates a beautiful huge herb farm that the dogs will get to hike over with him.

Anyone interested in a adopting a beautiful, healthy 7 year old female Cavelier King Charles Spaniel, let me know. Small enough to cuddle and still sturdy enough to love to hike. She is rehoming the girl for a friend.

Need to start getting the girls ready for their dog show this weekend. I know they can hardly wait for the Dremeling to begin. :shock: :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Redetotry » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:49 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:Needed a warm campfire, my bones are cold here in Ohio as the seasons are changing. We had a beautiful day last Friday (when Stuart made me take him for a walk) and I had plans on getting out more and maybe even hitting the river but the chilly rainy cloudy stuff moved back in.

Spent 18 hours driving the Honda down to North Carolina and back yesterday, helping a friend deliver a beautiful seven month Springer puppy to his new home. This gentleman had already flown up to Ohio last year ( along with his private dog trainer) and picked up another puppy from her kennel. He was so impressed that he wanted another. Both these boys have made it to doggie nirvana. The last Springer her had would accompany him on his over seas trips to Europe.... :o He didn't want the puppy shipped but paid my friend to deliver him. He wrote her a check for twice the deliver charge she asked......It was neat that he appreciated both her dedication to her dogs and the value of her time. The gentleman has a doctorate in holistic medicine and operates a beautiful huge herb farm that the dogs will get to hike over with him.

Anyone interested in a adopting a beautiful, healthy 7 year old female Cavelier King Charles Spaniel, let me know. Small enough to cuddle and still sturdy enough to love to hike. She is rehoming the girl for a friend.

Need to start getting the girls ready for their dog show this weekend. I know they can hardly wait for the Dremeling to begin. :shock: :)

It's going to be warm & sunny here all week Tina just in case you might want another road trip :) DH has always wanted a Cavelier King Charles Spaniel but I doubt very much if he would be willing to add another dog. I don't think Toby could handle it either! Did you get a tour of the herb farm? I can't even think of attempting Mitzi's nails for a couple of days, I gave her a bath today.....actually it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:57 pm

We didn't ask for a tour because we knew Rick had already delayed a meeting so he could be there at the house when we arrived.....though he also called and had his dog trainer come just in case he missed us. She was very methodical about introducing the two pups and keeping the older 6 year old girl separate so she could meet the younger pup a little later on her own..... The farm is Gaia herb Farm near Brevard, NC. He offered to get us a motel for the night but we both needed to get back to Ohio. It was nice to know that folks still take care of business in a first class way and still come across as real down to earth folks. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk