Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh my gosh, Pat! What a joke that should be - but a headache right now - geez.

I will hope that we can gtg the beginning of Dec, but there's a rumor here that we'll be released by Thanksgiving. Nothing definite yet - but there's a group that hasn't paid yet - not even their deposit - and unless they do, that week will have no one here. I don't know why they continue holding it for them - guess they've been here before and they don't like to run anyone off (or better is the chance that they are pretty important people - and just do things this way - so maybe they still will be coming). That said, if they let me go early and there's a chance of seeing you - or if we're here into the first week of Dec and there's a chance - you bet I'll find a way to meet you. However, once they let me go, how fast I get south will totally depend on the weather.

Now, I don't want you to drink alone - so I'm grabbing a beer and that leaves 82 bottles of beer on the wall.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 pm

no beer for me but I'll tap the wine :D Know your countin down those days to retirement
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:10 pm

wow Pat don't blame you for counting down!!! at least I assume that on the wall is a calendar!!
I'm hoping that when you do retire you will have the opportunity to travel a bit more!!
in the mean time don't beat them up!!!
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:34 am

Good grief, Pat! You can laugh now, but how unnerving that must have been, especially with a co-worker against you. Be careful what you do now…don't want to lose those retirement benefits.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:41 am

Pat, I hope that inmate doesn't live down accusing a woman of beating him up. Things have gotten so crazy everywhere I am just glad I'm retired. My brothers and sons did dumb things in high school that would get them arrested today.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bikerchic777 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Fall has arrived in KY and I'm settled in and working at Amazon. The transfer from the NJ job has been a bit rocky, but think I'm getting through it. Found out that I had "points" that followed me from there, even though we weren't supposed to be on the point system, there :roll: Finally got them to wipe the slate clean. The times they had weren't justified, anyway. One of the couples on the away team, with me, had 35.5 points! They would have been terminated at 6 :lol: I have unpaid time off accrued, so put in requests for days off for my DS's wedding, this month. Hope they don't screw that up! Still haven't got my bonus check, from NJ, yet. HR, here, said it is in the works. We'll see!

I did get picking again, as I had hoped, and the shift I wanted. It was weird to have to go through Safety training, again, when I have been teaching it. I didn't mind going through picking training, again, to refresh my memory. It came back to me, quickly. It feels like coming home, here, and the people are so much more friendly. I don't miss the attitudes and foul language :o

I don't know if I told you, but I had the worst time, getting off of Zyrtec (generic version)! I was so sick with multiple symptoms. I finally figured out it was withdrawal and slowly weaned off. I'm finally completely off :D I have been fighting a rash on my neck and think it may be part of all of this. If it doesn't clear up by my days off, this week, I will go to a Dr. Don't want to have it when I go to my DS's wedding.

The leaves are pretty, now, but it is chilly and rainy, off and on. They would be so much prettier in sunlight. Hope we get some before the leaves all fall. I also hope they stay pretty for my drive to VA.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Beautiful fall day here today and went on another day trip to see where the bison are they brought in from Iowa. Yes Kathy I was roaming around again. :lol: Didn't get a chance to see the bison, but they sure have a nice new home ~ that is if they don't try to get back to Iowa.

If interested did a journal / blog post of the day.
http://irishiroamiwrite.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Just caught up on your blog. Thanks, Cheryl. Hope you get a chance to go back to see the buffalo before winter sets in around there.

Pat - Have you recovered from picking on the inmates yet?

We're under a severe thunderstorm warning again, raining like crazy now and thunder has sent Nicky into deep hiding. Forecast calls for rain almost all week with 30 - 40% chance of tornados on Monday. UGH!
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:41 pm

damn mosquitos, not being able to enjoy the evening lately unless I do the mosquito spray !! We do have mosquitos
in Arizona but there have been so many lately its just un nerving. I'm not used to having them in my house for one
thing and here they are, :evil: and NORMALLY when I take the dogs out I can get back in without being attacked
but not this year, its all a result of all the rain we've had :x and of course I know all this .... but dang it, I hate mosquitos
and I just needed to vent ;)
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:58 pm

Cheryl, I had been keeping up on the bison going to Illinois. Everything I read said they were coming from SD, specifically from Wind Cave National Park, but you say differently? Interesting. Maybe from western Iowa was the last leg of the journey?

Linda, one day we have to sit down and talk. Sounds like NJ wasn't the best experience. That said, I do believe Campbellsville is the only Camperforce location I'd work at. Although it sounds like TN is getting off to good start.

If I want to get up in the morning, I need to get to bed. Night all.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:59 am

Bethers wrote:Cheryl, I had been keeping up on the bison going to Illinois. Everything I read said they were coming from SD, specifically from Wind Cave National Park, but you say differently? Interesting. Maybe from western Iowa was the last leg of the journey?

Beth you may be right - the link I put on MC on Wednesday is no longer working (stupid Tribune). Trib said Iowa, but when I looked at this site, it says Wind Cave also.
http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/illinois/explore/nachusa-bison-faqs.xml
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Cheryl, I only was following because I was in the area of Wind Cave this summer and a friend of mine had told me they were getting bison there (IL) - knowing I'm from IL. Would love to go there one day. One thing I like about Wind Cave and Custer SP in SD and Yellowstone is that their herds aren't fenced. But I understand the need to do it there - especially initially. Imagine someone if a bison walked into their yard (although it happens here in SD lol)
Beth
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 am

I'm wondering what nearby cattle farmers will think of loose bison in the area? And I know that there's quite a bit of use of the horse trails near there; not sure what riders will think either. Until you posted about it Cheryl, I knew nothing about all this. No one on any of my horse forums or FB pages has said anything about bison so maybe it's not all that close to the trails. Was the reason for returning the bison to the tallgrass to help control the prarie?
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:34 pm

I think they are trying to return some areas to the way they were before "whites" came and took over everything ... Bring back a balance.

Here's and article from the Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-b ... tml#page=1
It also probably is part of the reason the though was they came from Iowa, because the article doesn't talk about the whole journey, just that leg of it.

And for more info, you can find it on the website of The Nachusa Grasslands - here's their bison page: http://www.nachusagrasslands.org/Bison/Bison_TOC.html

And here's the benefits page of bringing bison back: http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/re ... orizon.xml
Beth
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Kathy - what Beth said :D

This might help also. In between where the bison currently are and the horse campground I saw are more prairie & houses as a buffer also. I was at both areas this weekend.

Cheryl

IrishIroamed

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk