Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:01 am

wow had to go find the campfire!!! need to build it up get a cup of hot chocolate and sit back for a big
Shadow needs some cuddling I think ..he doesn't know what to think about this object in the house :D so he
hides under it...hopefully it will survive the season Tree is decorated nativity up now I need to put the dolls around the tree I guess or move
shadows food and water where it's at is where the dolls usually are when the tree is up...
I am beginning to think I'm paranoid last night went and turned out the generator and was watching CSI looked up and the inverter was indicting
that the batteries where low...couldn't figure out why pulled the plug on anything that was plugged in...turned off the light
still was really low which was so strange decided hot chocolate would be good so went to heat up the milk and non gas!!! went and looked and sure
enough it was red!! had looked on Saturday...so was thinking that the refrigerator went from gas to electricity and rand down my batteries
got propane this morning still even though it was charged it seemed to go down really quick but this evening when I came home seemed ok...we've been really cloudy for days...not sure if I have a problem or it's the clouds guess I will wait and see for a bit...I just automatically think what is
wrong when something isn't as it should be
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Some bragging about my latest project!!! I've been wanting a side table or shelf unit to go next to my recliner for a long time. Have been using a small green folding stool to set my drinks and mouse on, and I put in a magazine rack a year ago, but it was still not right. Did not have enough space to sit things on and stuff ended up being all over the floor.

So I went out and bought one of the shelf unit/folding tables that Camping World had on sale for $100. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/oak-finish-wall-table/69086 The table was much too large and would have interfered with the foot thing on my recliner, plus I did not really need a table since I work with my laptop on my lap. So I took the table off, and here is the result. I had to use the existing screw holes from when they removed the dinette because, as you all know, these walls are thin and there would be nothing to fasten it to. The hard part was making a template to know where to drill the holes and then buying an electric screwdriver I could put a drill bit into. I think it works great! :)

I saved the table and am going to try to find someone who will cut it down to about a foot, so it will not interfere with my recliner and yet would cover up the middle rack and hide junk! I can reinstall it without messing up anything else, I am sure.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby MelissaD » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Looks good. I'm thinking on making my dinette into a "1/2 booth" and getting ride of the sofa for a pair of recliners. It's interesting how we lake them "ours". :lol:
MelissaD

Postby JudyJB » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:37 pm

I have had a very bad back for years, Melissa, so when I was shopping for my RV, I knew I had to have a good bed and a place to put my recliner, as leaning back and putting my feet up a few hours a day really helps me. And those dinettes are really stiff and uncomfortable, so I knew it would kill my back. I found a motorhome that had only that one speaker you can see in the corner and the water intake under the dinette, so it was easily removable. The water intake is small and unobtrusive. I had the dealer do it before delivery, and they put the parts inside in a jumble. First thing I did was put them in the storage place so if someone wants a dinette when I sell this thing, I can give it to them.

I just put my old leather recliner from home on a plush rug with a rubber pad under it. I know I should tie it down, but it really seldom slides when I drive. Sort of sinks into the carpeting.

I've seen a couple of half dinettes that worked well. You could even have a special, slightly smaller table put in. Maybe something narrower and shorter. Only negative is that you do lose seat belts, but I never take that many people with me anyway.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Great job, Judy!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:21 pm

you did great Judy
sheila
snowball

Postby MelissaD » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks Judy. Since it's a 5er I don't have to worry about seat belts. We like the table for the computer, food preparation, Chezza's drawing/crafts and for her to eat at but we seem to mostly use one side. Plus since we are larger people, I'd like some more "belly room" at the table. If I did it right I might be able to swivel one of the recliners to face the table. Requires more thought :D

If you look at the side of my trailer in my signature. The couch its under the long window in the slide and the dinette is the rectangular window right behind it.
MelissaD

Postby Oma » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Nice job Judy. Hope you can find someone to help you with the table. I can't promise but when we have the DOG in Feb. at Hardee Lakes one of our members is a woodworking teacher. I don't think he'd have time on Saturday to help but maybe another day perhaps. If you haven't found someone by then we could check with him.

Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Love the table Judy
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:32 am

It seems like I change my plans every day. I intended go to Whitewater Draw yesterday, then today (including stopping in Tombstone). Yesterday I just putzed around too long.

Today I decided to hang out at the park and check out their auction. It's too help defray costs for things at the park. There were lots of neat items. I bid on a few but the one I wanted most was coming up towards the end of the auction, so I didn't let myself get to crazy and quickly dropped out of the bidding on the first items.

I won the one really wanted for $10 less than what I had as my top bid. Yea! It's amazing much fun it can be to spend money at auctions lol.

Wonder if I'll make it through Tombstone and to Whitewater Draw tomorrow?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Birdie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Aaahhh, Beth, hope you enjoy Whitewater Draw. Should be bunches of Sandhill Cranes, and geese of different kinds, plus ducks, peeps and some owls down in the draw area. Might get bunches of them 'piggies' too! Know you will get to hear the coyotes...4 legged ones. Probably lots of visitors as this is 'the season' for birding!

Didn't see many geese on the way to the RGV, but heard some fly over the other day. Saw a Snowy Egret yesterday walking back from lunch. Hoping for sunny skies Monday and Tuesday. Will bird one of the days and make a med trip the other! Staying at a new RV Park and enjoying it so far. Safe journey and don't let them 'outlaws hijack ya'! The park west of Tombstone is a PA and pretty nice, then the Douglas Golf course is good too!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Birdie, I'm staying at the Escapee Park in Benson - good rates and nice people. I'm actually thinking of getting on the list for a leaseholder site here (yes, I know - totally the opposite of anything I ever say lol) - so today I paid for a month (extending from my initial week) to see how I feel after that time frame. I love the area, so that's not a problem. And it would be a couple/few years before I'd move far enough up the list and I can always change my mind now or later. And owning a lot here doesn't mean I have to stay here all the time - or even any of it - can always put it in the rental pool part or all of the time. Decisions, decisions!

That said, I had a ball at Whitewater Draw today. I'm told that i saw, most likely, over 5000 Sandhill Cranes. First I saw what looked like dust in the far distance - that then became little black dots ... and then they came. And when I thought they'd all landed or passed on, a whole new group would be spotted in the distance and come in. It was truly an astounding, amazing, beautiful, stunning (I could go on and on) display and for much of the time I just stood with a big grin or mouth dropped wide open!

Lots of other geese and ducks and birds around. But I never thought I'd see that many sandhill cranes at once anywhere. It was almost overwhelming.

Here are some of the crane pics:

Beth
Bethers

Postby Birdie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:17 pm

That is a nice park Beth. I have never stayed there, but I have driven through. I prefer that area of AZ to the other park near Congress, I think it is. It is on the upper end of the birding corridor. Not a bad thing getting on the wait list and yep it is pretty exciting. Good Luck and keep thinking on it! Life is just one big adventure. Decisions are made based on information that you have and what your situation is at that moment in time in your life. Life changes.

You did get some great shots of the Sandies. Is it not amazing the numbers and they just keep coming in to land in waves. Then they take off out to feed near the hay fields and that is more wave after wave leaving. I saw a nice duck in the shot too. Nice camera you got. By the way if you go out by the power plant east of Benson and west of Wilcox there is a spot they come in there too. Not as good for viewing normally, but with that camera you can pick them off easily.

Enjoy and be safe.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Beautiful birds! What an awesome experience!

Just wondering... what is the benefit of leasing at site there versus just paying for the occasional times you are staying there? I checked the SKP website but didn't find much info on leasing. By the way, they are offering their memberships at half price right now, if anyone is interested in joining.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:08 am

Barbie, at the Escapee Parks that offer leases, you almost can't lose money because unless you purchase into a site with a casita, for example, then let it fall apart, you'll get everything back when you leave. If it's an empty site, when you sell you get it all. If you make improvements, those get added. Like a townhouse you have an annual payment for upkeep and that's reasonable. So that and the electric are all you pay to stay. And if, at this park, I'm not there, I can put the site I purchase into the rental pool (I'm staying on such a site now) and you get money back from that towards your annual dues.

There's more to it, but that's the basics. Their park in Casa Grande costs about 1/2 the purchase and has a way shorter waiting list, but I prefer this area. It's an hour from Tucson, about 1/2 an hour from Tombstone, an hour again from Bisbee, an hour from Whitewater Draw, etc etc. The only drawback is its slightly higher in elevation which means the cold nights are cold lol
Beth
Bethers

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk