Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby snowball » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:56 pm

thank you all
need to check the weather but planning on going up my sister will be in rehab for a
few weeks her son is here I think he is ready for me to vacate...I can call and talk to sister on the phone and when I come back through will stop and spend a night and see her then. I am toying with staying in Q for a month longer depending upon the charges for a month..can't be as much as it is up North give it a bit of time to warm up and me to recoup some travel money ...Nephew was 33 two daughters
still in shock
sheila
snowball

Postby carold » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Sheila, so sorry to hear about your nephew. ((Hugs)). And hope all goes well with your sister. carold
carold

Postby snowball » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Thank you
in Utah right now then to Wyoming tomorrow then back down not sure if it will be Sat
or Sunday leave for Vegas on Monday then Tuesday head back to Q just a week and half later than
planned lol for sure not the trip I planned...
it's been hard on everyone but more so on his wife and daughters parents and siblings
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 am

Sheila, I'm glad you were able to go up. I'm sure the family appreciates it.

I've had trouble with the finish on my rig... From year one. It's been bone of contention. I made an appt for week after next... After leaving here... For a heavy duty wash and wax with a place that says they'll work on the areas that have oxidation and remove it. Crossing my fingers because this is getting more frustrating. I did learn washing can damage/remove wax, depending on the wax used. My Winnebago book recommends Dawn, believe it or not, so maybe every wash I got with the original finish was causing damage.

On a good note, I'm going to stay at one of the Phoenix area regional parks for 3 night's... One I've never been two. It's closer to where I'll go for the wash/wax etc. I intended to check out boondocking, but wanted to be sure I had a neat place the night before... Got the only available site and checked, it had a few nights, do expecting this park to be as nice as the others I've been too, took 3 night's and should have one day to hike, etc... Hopefully a day and a half.

And, yes, I have hitch itch!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 pm

is it hot enough? I know that there are places that are cold some still have the icky white stuff but boy here
in the desert it is hot!!!! Alice posted that it reached 100 in Phoenix it was suppose to reach 98 here but not sure if it did.... my sister text me last night that the weather guy said that my area wind was suppose to gust to 100 MPH I gulped looked and couldn't find anything more than 30 mph gusting....so asked her if the weather guy gave a town she replied Mojave desert...someone told me that it is west of us,,,,need to look if my mind someone local would have had something up and actually the wind today has been mild compared to other days...I think she said it was for Weds or Thurs not sure which still that is tornado strength winds
will be leaving this area soon will miss it but not the heat
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:49 pm

The weather is crazy! Keystone was 60 today, but I'm staying in Colorado because they could get 24 inches of snow in Keystone this weekend... And two nights dropping into low trends... One day won't have a high above freezing. Luckily this is followed by temps getting closer to normal. Just insane!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi ladies~~~
Just stoking the campfire since I never do real ones lol. I'm in roughly central Utah in a state park CG for the next week. Shirts & t-shirt weather today but snow is expected Tuesday. Learned my lesson in Fool Holliw AZ. Bring the slide in so I dont have to go on the roof to sweep it off. Forecast is anywhere from 1/2 to 3 inches and the gusty winds are going to pick up again tomorrow. Ah, life on the road...

Mickie nice to see you back again. That's my update. Stay safe ladies.

P.S. Beth I've got 2 reservations in SD. One in Custer SP arriving on Memorial Day. Hope to see you again.

P.S.S Will GTG with Sheila a bit next week Yippee!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Yay, Cheryl, can't wait to see you.

I'm in Chadron SP in Nebraska tonight. Peaches got to play in the snow. She Loves snow. Will head into Keystone tomorrow. Will be working our tails off to get the store opened in time.
Dontcha know snow and grass are meant for rolling.
Beth
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Yay Peaches. So great to see her healthy again and doing what she loves. Good job taking care of her Mom.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:16 am

stiff trekking north. stopped at some friends for much needed r and r
looked at weather Monday scattered rain and or snow so may go on tomorrow might stop in SLC
till Tues(I told someone in Q that I like perfect weather when traveling no or little wind no precipitation no worries...) then on to Ogden for who knows how long...hope my spot dries out soon...they have had a late winter and it is a mud flat...wish I could afford it would have the area leveled and graveled but that wouldn't help the dirt road going up the hill so guess we will be patient
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Wed May 16, 2018 6:22 pm

for those not on FB Yesterday my sister in law passed away we believe from complications of diabetes. she was fairly young just had her birthday on the 8 th of the month...63 I believe...we are so shocked as no idea of how she was feeling... we have had since Dec. 3 members pass away
my brother in law my nephew and my sister in law...as my 11 yr old grandson says...it needs to stop...
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Wed May 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Sheila, so sorry to hear about the loss of your family members. When it happens suddenly and you aren't expecting it, it's really a shock. I know it's taken the joy out of my life.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby monik7 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 pm

So sorry to hear this Sheila. Your family has had to deal with so much in a short time. I agree with your grandson.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

It's so hard... Thoughts and prayers.
Beth
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Thu May 17, 2018 1:43 am

So sorry your family has been put through this. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers for all of you.
Velda
MandysMom

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk