I'm OK we had a hurricane in Illinois

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: I'm OK we had a hurricane in Illinois

Postby Redetotry » Thu May 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Finally Photo Bucket let me copy the link!! This is looking up our street there were so many trees down there were only a few patches of the street showing.

This is the house next door and several trees down in our extra lot.

There is a house somewhere in this mess. In many places they are just uncovering smashed vehicles. There are still homes without power today.

I am so glad it was cool while the power was off, I don't think I could have stayed here if it were like the ice storm Cedar and Soos mentioned!! Also very happy it wasn't hot and humid.

I'm slowing getting every thing back together and my bread machine is baking my bread for morning toast. No more grocery store bread!!! Also Winnie is so happy goat milk yogurt was back on the shelves at the Coop today, she refuses any other kind. Andy and Charley are getting jealous that she is getting all the attention. I'll have to post their pictures soon.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby VickieP » Thu May 14, 2009 9:06 pm

So glad you are all okay and powered back up. Poor Winnie, it has to be her nerves. Remi still hides in the hallway when he hears thunder, after hearing all the strange noises and banging during Hurricane Rita in 2005. All you can do is offer comfort but it would be so much more comforting if they could understand what it was that was happening. Try to keep yourselves positive and look on the bright side of things and you will get through this.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 pm

OMG so glad you are ok!! So scary!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby OutandAbout » Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I'm also glad everyone is ok. Landscape can be fixed, you can't. I know the feeling during and after a hurricane. Living in Fla for a lot of years, I got use to the after effects of a hurricane. It was the pits during August or Sept. waiting for the power to get back on. I can surely relate to having a hot shower. It might take quite a while for the cleanup to happen. I remember it took weeks for all the debris to get picked up. That also applied here after our ice storm a few years ago. The storm was in December and by April (the following year) the last of the debris was collected. This weather is really nasty stuff. I think Cedar is right in saying that Mother Nature is really PO'd.

Hope everything works out for you and Winnie is better.

Linda
OutandAbout

Previous

Return to General Talk