Lyn and her Haircut

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Lyn and her Haircut

Postby Pooker » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:55 am

I agree, Lyn - hair looks terrific. I'm in the too thin, too fine and straight category also. I towel dry after shampooing and it decides what hairdo it's going to be. Never did have any hairdressing talent. Back when everyone had pincurls (remember them?) I tried to set my hair and I looked like a porcupine with all the ends sticking out! Tried those oversize rollers, too. Boy, were they ever hard to sleep on. So glad that blow dryers, curling irons, etc. came along. Now I don't even bother with them! I am lazy and think, "Who's looking anyway?"
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby JudyJB » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:52 pm

Do any of you remember trying to sleep in those big rollers?? Horrible. Also, did your mother ever roll your hair in "rags"? Mine did, but the rags were long, soft parts of cotton socks. Easier to sleep on than the plastic rollers.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:30 am

I remember the big rollers!!!! and yes they were hard to sleep on
sheila
snowball

Postby Shirlv » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:06 pm

Lynn, love your new do. I thought I would always have my head of thick wiry hair but it has diminished along with other body parts. I have let mine grown and desperately need a new do. I will never post my picture.lol

Judy, not rollers for me it was pin curls, took forever.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:21 pm

When I was in cosmetology school in the early 80's, we had to learn how to do pin curls and finger waves. Never figured out why we had to learn those since even back then, they weren't in style any more.

My mom would put those spikey wire curlers in her hair at night! Boy, she must have had a tough head because those things were sharp! I never used curlers, but my aunt or grandma always gave me home perms.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:49 am

Barbara, I wonder if the reason you had to learn finger waves and pin curls, was similar to the reason in nursing school that we learned a few old school techniques- because there might be elder clients who asked for them and the lessons taught you to appreciate the new methods and techniques. When , after school, I entered the Navy, and landed at the old Philadelphia Navy Hospital, some of the old school techniques I had learned, some I had only read about, we're still employed by the most senior, soon to retire Doctors we worked with. I was glad I didn't have to look dumb, because I knew the things they asked for! And a year later, when I arrived in Morocco, we still has a lot of WWII equipment to deal with and outposts like Morocco didn't warrant the flashy new stuff. A Dr didn't order a percent of Oxygen, as we would use back home, but said open the valve to so many liters! We didn't have access to the new oxygen monitors !
Velda
MandysMom

Previous

Return to General Talk