The TT, my winter project

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: The TT, my winter project

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:01 pm

Nice job on the decorating Beth!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:11 pm

The floor was started, for example, and there was a panel missing on the back on the right. I am guessing the cabinets were already painted, and you just painted that back wall to make it match. And I like the blue curtains. When I want to hem something, I just get the stuff from JoAnn's that you use to iron a hem--just roll bottom up and stick stuff in it and hit it with iron. Very fast and easy.

One question: Does the smaller mattress mean you have a small space to walk alongside the mattress or is there a platform there? In any case, it looks as if it will be a lot easier to make the bed.

The floor was started, but badly. I removed what they started and discovered how much they destroyed the original floor, including plain all over from painting, thus the floor needing to be replaced in some fashion. That back wall, the right side they attempted to fix problems and again didn't do it correctly, but it was a start that could be worked with. You can't see on the original pictures but the left side was also damaged, they just tried to paint over it. I probably have more length than I want to do with the tape, but that's a possibility. I'm not in a hurry. In the new picture of the bed, you can see room in the front of the picture, about 6-8 inches of space. That's like a little lower shelf for me and makes it easier to make the bed because I can slide the mattress.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:14 pm

Thanks everyone. I like that it looks less like an RV and more homey to me. I'm planning to bring a couple/few pictures when I come back next winter to hang on the walls in a few places.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:19 pm

One thing I have done with my short queen bed is buy a cotton quilt, which I use for a blanket, that is too wide and then tuck it in on the far side so that they are maybe 20" tucked in. I use a fitted sheet underneath. When I get out of bed, I really only have to "make" the side of the bed i sleep in. Makes it easier.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:45 am

Looking good... I'm sure that you have lots of ideas and will continue changing things
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:35 am

You’re doing great Beth. I really like the setup. Have fun making it your home.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby asirimarco » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:09 am

So glad you found the perfect one. Enjoy working on it and making it yours. Looks like a great set up.
asirimarco

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:32 pm

Thanks Beth for all the pictures of your TT. I like the look of the layout and you have/ are doing a fantastic job in making it your home! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:34 pm

The TT moved into it's new home (again lol) today. Big site with patio and lots of privacy. Floor and fridge are still projects and I won't do the floor until I decide on if I'm taking out the couch and part of the dinette. Lol. What would we all do without our projects?

Two pics. First of the empty site, second with the TT in.
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 pm

people in the rear trailer? it looks like a nice site and yes projects are good
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:35 am

I like the privacy you have now with the door opening and patio area facing the fence. This way, if you are sitting out, you will not be on display to anyone driving past.
JudyJB
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am

Sheila, I understand there's a solo woman there but I've not seen her and don't know if she'll be there when I get back. Plenty of space between us.

Judy, exactly what I like! It's a bigger patio and the space is so long I could (but probably won't) extend it.
Beth
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm

I'd suggest putting a row of plants in pots along the fence, but you will be gone with no one to take care of them, so that is not a good idea. But maybe when you are there for a few months, you can put stuff there to look at. Hang some wooden flowers on the fence????
JudyJB
JudyJB

Postby Bethers » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 pm

I have some thoughts along those lines. I'll see what happens next season.
Beth
Bethers

Previous

Return to General Talk